Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
piinkyhearts

Post by piinkyhearts » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 3:05 pm

dannyooi_84 wrote:I'm going Pinky, your first try?
yes my first time, but i'm a braces wearer, removing in few months time. so gonna try it out. :D What about you?

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 4:07 pm

shiniestar wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote:
me00w wrote:hi guys! i'm new here, thinking of going for the feb interview. can anyone tell me which parts they will check during the skin check? because i have scars on my legs and ankles from bad mosquito bites..
are you a girl or boy? hmm if you are a girl, i guess you will be booted out in the skin check stage with the scars unless you are able to conceal those scars well (but i heard that some interviewers will actually rub onto your skin to see whether did you put concealer or not)

they will check your arms, face, and the back during the skin check stage. :)
am i right to say that since the kebaya can cover it should be ok??
hmm i guess it depends? some interviewers are stricter. :)

me00w

Post by me00w » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 5:17 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:
me00w wrote:hi guys! i'm new here, thinking of going for the feb interview. can anyone tell me which parts they will check during the skin check? because i have scars on my legs and ankles from bad mosquito bites..
are you a girl or boy? hmm if you are a girl, i guess you will be booted out in the skin check stage with the scars unless you are able to conceal those scars well (but i heard that some interviewers will actually rub onto your skin to see whether did you put concealer or not)

they will check your arms, face, and the back during the skin check stage. :)
I'm a girl.. They check our backs?? How? By peeking down our shirts? So do they check the legs?

Lulu557788

SIA result

Post by Lulu557788 » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 6:55 pm

hey has someone from 7th January batch received their rejection letter yet? I am from 7th January batch,never heard from them since my med check, no call or letter, ......

mframe
Regular
Regular

Post by mframe » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 7:47 pm

i have a fren he wish to apply for cabin crew wif SIA..but he doesnt have anny Diploma or O level..onli NITEC..but he has lots of good working experience and also award under his name..

do u tink SIA will take him in?or do u guys tink he stand a chance?

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:02 am

piinkyhearts wrote:
dannyooi_84 wrote:I'm going Pinky, your first try?
yes my first time, but i'm a braces wearer, removing in few months time. so gonna try it out. :D What about you?

My third try. First one..managed go till 1-1, regret i didnt prepare well enough. 2nd try till final int, but the interviewer adviced me to complete my degree since I got one more year to go. It has been 3 years since the last interview... Completed my degree, on braces for 2 yrs already. Hope to be able to clear the interview this time.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 6:28 am

Got degree still join cabin crew ? Its a waste of your time and money to get your degree. You should built up your career making full use of your degree. Many join to experience the life of Cabin crew, see the world etc.... thus not giving their best in their job as they are not fully committed, maybe that's why SIA drop so far from #1 spot.

estelis3011

Post by estelis3011 » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:14 am

Lulu557788 wrote:
Lulu557788 wrote:
estelis3011 wrote: Thanks lulu :) Don't worry! I hv a friend who went through the interview with me hv yet to receive any calls as well. Stay positive! FYI, my friend underwent her med smoothly in which that she don't hv to undergo extra test unlike me ( i was scheduled for an ultrasound ) . So probably they are sorting things out. Give them a month :)
Yeah just met another friend, he said he got it ald too, hahaa... make me worries even more... yeah I think so too, btw last time they never ask me to stay for the briefing, they told me to straight go to med check and will let me knw asap.... yeah I think because shenton sent my report to SIA abit late- like last friday.... i still hope for the best! its killing me!! LOL, good luck with everything! and congrats! =)
hello estelish is your friend get any news ald frm SIA?
Hi lulu. Yea. She had already receive the call :) What about u? Any gd news yet?

estelis3011

Post by estelis3011 » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:30 am

aria- The training will be held at SIA Training centre during the 4 months of training( under grooming section ). Once u had passed through all the interviews and medical round and signed the contract to start work.

Me00w - There's actually 2 rounds of skin check. First day , there will be one skin check round where they will be checking your face ( including forehead ) . They will ask u to tilt ur head from right to left and check for any acne scar or any form of scars. Your neck and lower arms. If u pass the first day interview, u will move on to the second day interview that will be held at STC. The second skin check round will be during the kebaya round( provided that u pass through your management round ). U will be asked to bend forward with ur kebaya on to check ur back for acne. Face, neck and any areas that are exposed when u are wearing the kebaya. Legs will be lower knee level.

mframe- I believe they will go according to what u see on their website. The requirements level. They will be checking your cert during part of the interview. He can try his luck though.

All the best to anyone who is going! :D

Lulu557788

Post by Lulu557788 » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 1:08 pm

estelis3011 wrote:
Lulu557788 wrote:
Lulu557788 wrote: Yeah just met another friend, he said he got it ald too, hahaa... make me worries even more... yeah I think so too, btw last time they never ask me to stay for the briefing, they told me to straight go to med check and will let me knw asap.... yeah I think because shenton sent my report to SIA abit late- like last friday.... i still hope for the best! its killing me!! LOL, good luck with everything! and congrats! =)
hello estelish is your friend get any news ald frm SIA?
Hi lulu. Yea. She had already receive the call :) What about u? Any gd news yet?

when she got the call? I haven't receive any news yet, no call or letter... so stress.. =( is someone from our batch get their rejection letter?"

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 2:33 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Got degree still join cabin crew ? Its a waste of your time and money to get your degree. You should built up your career making full use of your degree. Many join to experience the life of Cabin crew, see the world etc.... thus not giving their best in their job as they are not fully committed, maybe that's why SIA drop so far from #1 spot.
I think it is worth it. To be able to travel n earn the $$ is one thing, but I'm passionate about the job.

Abercombie, are u a crew? I guess you are looking at your post and replies.

estelis3011

Post by estelis3011 » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 3:24 am

Lulu- My friend receive the call a day or 2 after i received mine

Lulu557788

Post by Lulu557788 » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 2:14 pm

estelis3011 wrote:Lulu- My friend receive the call a day or 2 after i received mine
duhh.... like no news for me... lols

bellarini

Post by bellarini » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 3:29 pm

hi! for those who have receive calls from mary, can i check, does the number starts with 6540xxxx?

Lulu557788

Post by Lulu557788 » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 3:38 pm

bellarini wrote:hi! for those who have receive calls from mary, can i check, does the number starts with 6540xxxx?
u received the call?