Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
caomei

Post by caomei » Tue, 24 Jan 2012 8:38 pm

aquarius1502 wrote:
caomei wrote:Hi all!

I am wondering where is DR.KAO located?
I want to get rhinoplasty! I am actually in Taiwan right now!
Is anyone else here?
His website: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose/
His email: [email protected]
His number: 886-2-66061921

You should call him to get a faster response.
If I'm not wrong, he's in Taipei.
Thanks.
I e-mailed instead and got an immediate response.
He is actually off for a week and goes back to work next Tuesday.
Which I will be on my way to Taichung...

Wondering are there any suggestions for cosmetic surgery places in Taichung?
I want to know my nose specifically.

aquarius1502
Regular
Regular

Post by aquarius1502 » Tue, 24 Jan 2012 8:53 pm

caomei wrote:
aquarius1502 wrote:

Is anyone else here?
His website: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose/
His email: [email protected]
His number: 886-2-66061921

You should call him to get a faster response.
If I'm not wrong, he's in Taipei.
Thanks.
I e-mailed instead and got an immediate response.

He is actually off for a week and goes back to work next Tuesday.
Which I will be on my way to Taichung...

Wondering are there any suggestions for cosmetic surgery places in Taichung?
I want to know my nose specifically.
Another one would be Dr Hsu from Kaoshiung.
Thats the two better known ones over here I guess.
http://www.drhsu.com.tw/

trilogytwist
Regular
Regular

Post by trilogytwist » Wed, 25 Jan 2012 2:46 pm

Is anyone else here?
i will be going there next week!! do u mind if i drop you an email ?

caomei

Post by caomei » Wed, 25 Jan 2012 5:58 pm

trilogytwist wrote:

Is anyone else here?
i will be going there next week!! do u mind if i drop you an email ?
You will be here next week?
And alright, I actually e-mailed you back! XD

I really want to do my nose actually, but I have a situation actually...
I start school mon-fri on Feb15. And DR.KAO is back to work Dec31, the day I will be moving to Taichung...but I can extent my stay in Taipei I suppose just not sure if there is enough time to heal ect?

One more question, does DR.KAO charge anything else more? like service fees ect...? "secret fees"

nose

Post by nose » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:00 am

I feel that Dr. Hsu has better aesthetics for rib noses..

Plus Dr. Kao is not as known as Dr. Hsu for alarplasty.

Dr. Hsu is unofficially known as the King Of Alar.

Both are great. Dr. Kao is cheaper.

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

CALVES

Post by babyangel11 » Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:42 pm

Rie Michiko wrote:Honestly speaking, I have more confidence in Dr Kao from the way he replied my email. He even make the effort to photoshop my photo.
The rest of the docs will be too shunned off by my super piggy nose.
I am checking with Dr. Kao for his next earliest appt and I'm waiting for his reply.
By the way, who knows which doc to visit for calf reduction?
I was thinking that since I will be going taiwan, might as well target the major areas first.
Anyone care to share?

Hi Michiko,

Heard that you are looking for a surgeon to do calf reduction. Me too! :)

Understand there's a surgeon Dr Jong in Taiwan who does it n also a popular surgeon in Korea who does it. Dr Jong seems to charge a little cheaper but its not so much the cost that is bothering me. Its the surgery itself which scares me as it involved the removal of partial leg muslces. :shock: But the reviews from those who have done it via this Korean surgeon or Dr Jong are relatively good.

Also the recovery time is a bit long say maybe around 2 to 3 months.

The other thing is one would need to stay about 14 days in korea for the surgery n this is also one part that is hindering me from doing it.

Are you keen to go for the Calf Reduction surgery?

Cheers.

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Re: CALVES

Post by Rie Michiko » Sun, 29 Jan 2012 4:15 pm

babyangel11 wrote:
Rie Michiko wrote:Honestly speaking, I have more confidence in Dr Kao from the way he replied my email. He even make the effort to photoshop my photo.
I am checking with Dr. Kao for his next earliest appt and I'm waiting for his reply.
I was thinking that since I will be going taiwan, might as well target the major areas first.
Anyone care to share?

Hi Michiko,

Understand there's a surgeon Dr Jong in Taiwan who does it n also a popular surgeon in Korea who does it. Dr Jong seems to charge a little cheaper but its not so much the cost that is bothering me. Its the surgery itself which scares me as it involved the removal of partial leg muslces. :shock: But the reviews from those who have done it via this Korean surgeon or Dr Jong are relatively good.

The other thing is one would need to stay about 14 days in korea for the surgery n this is also one part that is hindering me from doing it.

Cheers.
Hi babyangel11,

I've actually consulted Dr Kao about the calves. He suggested botox as muscle reduction may result in complications.
I thought so when it comes to muscle reduction. What about you?

Regards

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Mon, 30 Jan 2012 1:16 am

Rie Michiko wrote:
babyangel11 wrote:
Anyone care to share?

Hi Michiko,

Cheers.
Hi babyangel11,

I've actually consulted Dr Kao about the calves. He suggested botox as muscle reduction may result in complications.

Regards

Hi Michiko,

I have already tried Botox years ago on my calves n to me, it didnt work for me. Or if there was, the results must have been barely noticeable, if any.

Also if im not wrong, you would need alot of botox to be injected into the calves cos the muscles there are big unlike those on your face. And i believe i did have lots of botox injected into my calves unless those are still not enuf.

Anyway i have tried a few times n i have given up on that already n aint going to waste any more $$$ on using botox for calves.

There is a thread in this forum on Calves Reduction n you might want to check it out.

From what i know, i havent heard of any surgeon in Singapore who is able to handle this surgery. You can read alot of reviews in Purse Forum n alot of people went to Dr Park (if i remember his name correctly) in Korea n a few went to Dr Jong in Taiwan. Dr Jong's charges are lower if im correct but im more concerned on the skills, etc.

From those reviews, those people who have gone to Dr Park n Dr Jong are happy with their results n patients from even USA, UK, etc were flying to Dr Park for the surgery.

Some of them said their only regret was that they didnt do this surgery earlier! It makes me so tempted although it certainly scares the wits out of me cos it involves removing part of the leg muscles n i wonder whether it would affect the movements, walking etc. :?

I checked with a couple of those patients who have gone for the surgery in the forum n all were every encouraging n they said they do not regret at all going for this operation.

What do you think? Are you game to go for this surgery?

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Post by Rie Michiko » Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:30 pm

babyangel11 wrote:
Rie Michiko wrote:
babyangel11 wrote:
Hi Michiko,

Cheers.
Hi babyangel11,

Regards

Hi Michiko,

I have already tried Botox years ago on my calves n to me, it didnt work for me. Or if there was, the results must have been barely noticeable, if any.

Also if im not wrong, you would need alot of botox to be injected into the calves cos the muscles there are big unlike those on your face. And i believe i did have lots of botox injected into my calves unless those are still not enuf.

Anyway i have tried a few times n i have given up on that already n aint going to waste any more $$$ on using botox for calves.

There is a thread in this forum on Calves Reduction n you might want to check it out.

From what i know, i havent heard of any surgeon in Singapore who is able to handle this surgery. You can read alot of reviews in Purse Forum n alot of people went to Dr Park (if i remember his name correctly) in Korea n a few went to Dr Jong in Taiwan. Dr Jong's charges are lower if im correct but im more concerned on the skills, etc.

From those reviews, those people who have gone to Dr Park n Dr Jong are happy with their results n patients from even USA, UK, etc were flying to Dr Park for the surgery.

Some of them said their only regret was that they didnt do this surgery earlier! It makes me so tempted although it certainly scares the wits out of me cos it involves removing part of the leg muscles n i wonder whether it would affect the movements, walking etc. :?

I checked with a couple of those patients who have gone for the surgery in the forum n all were every encouraging n they said they do not regret at all going for this operation.

What do you think? Are you game to go for this surgery?
Hi babyangel11,

I'm keen in calf reduction. However, my priority is on the nose first.

I have arithritis since 11 yrs old and the worst moment was when I could not even lift a finger or move my toes. I was hospitalised and totally handicapped for a month. That is why I am worried about the complications especially when we know that muscles degenerate as we grow older.

I'm looking for other non-invasive ways like smart lipo, which is quite affordable in malaysia. But I understand the point that there is nothing much for us to lipo on as calves are mainly built up by muscles.

I intend to go taiwan for nose surgery and is planning my schedule so that I will be in time for my friend's wedding in mid May. I am still looking for a companion to share an apartment in Kang Ning. I even think of combining the 2 surgeries together. On the contrary, the pain may be too much for me to bear. Injection through the spine is a very painful thing...scary....Somemore, I must be able to wear high heels during the wedding. That is why I'm putting this for later part of this year or early next year.

What's your plan or schedule? Have you consulted Dr Jong with photos of your calves and providing him with the measurement? What's his opinion?
I asked my mum to take photos for me and she can't be bothered at all....Sad...

Germie

Double eyelid surgery with Dr Chen

Post by Germie » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 6:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

Did my double eye-lid surgery with Doctor Chen on 02/01 and i'm really happy with the results.. It has been about 3 weeks post surgery and i'm glad that swelling has gone down by 80% :)

Can visit my blog for more information on my experiences..

http://jermaineee.livejournal.com/

aquarius1502
Regular
Regular

Re: Double eyelid surgery with Dr Chen

Post by aquarius1502 » Tue, 31 Jan 2012 7:51 pm

Germie wrote:Hello Everyone,

Did my double eye-lid surgery with Doctor Chen on 02/01 and i'm really happy with the results.. It has been about 3 weeks post surgery and i'm glad that swelling has gone down by 80% :)

Hi,
is yours hidden double eyelid last time?
And how much is it? :)

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 1:42 am

Hi Germie,

Wow! You really look prettier after the DEL surgery! Congrats! :D

Your friends must have said so too? Was any of them not able to recognise you?

How much did you pay for the surgery + medicine etc?

Cheers.

Germie

Post by Germie » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 11:01 am

babyangel11 wrote:

Hi Germie,

Cheers.
Thanks babyangel11! They are able to recognise me and but all said that i look very different due to my bigger eyes.

Surgery itself cost NT25,000 so after conversion it is about S$1100.. The cost is inclusive of the consulation, surgery and aftercare (Medicine, ointment and cold compress)

Right now, i cannot wait to start on the application of scar removal cream to reduce the appearance of the mini scar on my eyelids.. :)

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 3:47 am

Germie wrote:
babyangel11 wrote:

Hi Germie,

Cheers.
Thanks babyangel11! They are able to recognise me and but all said that i look very different due to my bigger eyes.

Surgery itself cost NT25,000 so after conversion it is about S$1100.. The cost is inclusive of the consulation, surgery and aftercare (Medicine, ointment and cold compress)

Right now, i cannot wait to start on the application of scar removal cream to reduce the appearance of the mini scar on my eyelids.. :)

Hi Germie,

Wow! The rates are cheap n good results too! :D

How long is the mini scar on your eyelid? It should be very short, right?

Right decision made! :wink:

babyangel11
Regular
Regular

Post by babyangel11 » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 3:50 am

Hi Germie,

I forgot to check with you - has all your swell gone down already Or are your eyelids still swollen?

If so, did the surgeon tell you that the final result DEL would be much lower or ???

Cheers.