Singapore Expats

Van rental, moving a bed within Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
PavB

Van rental, moving a bed within Singapore

Post by PavB » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 12:52 pm

Hi,

I have purchased a single bed from another expat and need to movi it 2 km from their apartment to mine. As it would not fit in a taxi - is there a "Man in a van" type of service - as it is only one piece of furniture I would not want to end up spending a fortune.

Many thanks in advance
Pavla

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 1:09 pm

bumping this post.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

PavB

Post by PavB » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 1:11 pm

Sorry what does it mean?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 1:40 pm

by replying to your post, your thread stays on "recent posts" instead of being supplanted by newer threads which would mean people would most likely still see it. i'm also curious to any responses to your post. i may need one in the future but not right now to do a search myself.

note though, that if you bump your own post, the mods would frown on that and probably ban you. btw, have your tried googling for some?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 2:45 pm

I had recently hired a light open truck for moving our house. As we did not need to move any furniture, it was only a few suitcases and carton boxes.

We DIY'd the part of carrying the stuff from old house and load into truck and from truck to new house. The cost was 35$ for the trip from Tampines to AMK.

If you use 2 guys to do the manual labor, I guess it will cost you 70 -100$. I can PM you the guy's contact that we used, if you need.

Cheers!

BTW BUMP = Bring Up My Post :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 6:34 pm

I can also send you name of guy and truck... $30 to $60 depending upon distance and stuff to be toted. Good guy, trustworthy, used him multiple times.

PavB

Post by PavB » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 9:20 pm

Thank you all, that is brilliant news - please can you both send me the contact details for your guys, I am sure I will need more stuffed moved in the next few weeks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 8:38 am

[email protected]. 9445 4450. Ask for Stephen.

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... 26&cat=500

Not affiliated, yada, yada, blah, blah, woof, woof. Just a good guy.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 3:07 pm

PavB

Post by PavB » Sun, 17 Oct 2010 1:24 am

Thanks so much "Strong Eagle" and rev Happy, I will defo use them soon...It is nice to know there are honest people around...

kironsc

Post by kironsc » Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:43 am

Folks,
just in case you are reading this post about a man with a van, I thought I would tell you about who not to use.
I was on Gumtree and requested a quote off Eddy with 10ft lorry to move small items into our newly rented flat. This is the time line of events:
Thurs AM - requested and received quote.
Fri AM- I texted to say I was happy with quote and confirmed time of pick up. I asked for a reply to confirm all in order. He does not reply.
Sat PM - I re-text to ask if all is ok for our booking. He texts me to say that he has now arranged other work so cannot do ours!!

This is an annoying let down as we had arranged for the move to occur with the landlord and management company after he had quoted and I replied to accept his price. I suggested to him that this out of order and he said I never sent him proper confirmation of the work or the time I needed it. The texts in my sent items begs to differ.
This text exchange culminates in him saying that "I am doing well so I don't need your business, bye bye" This is a direct quote from his text.
So I thought I would just let you good folk know that this guy does not need any more business and to be honest I would like to make sure that he doesn't get any.
I have subsequently arranged the move with another man with a van at a lower price so not only is Eddy arrogant, unprofessional and unreliable, he is more expensive than the competition.
Cheers