Singapore Expats

Pregnant GF

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 7:02 pm

expatforum112 wrote:She just called and told me that she is not pregnant and she was just checking my reaction! Lessons learnt.. Phew.. Absolutely no physical relations with anyone for some time..
And what did you learn from all this?

Don't panic and become a monk!

Secondly don't be blinded by illusions of falling in love, only to realize it was a dream that fizzled out! Be sure of commitment if anything goes wrong.

Better to face the music and commitment as a man, so just make sure they are at least average in looks and rich! Always aim for the stars and not the neighborhood quirky.

Read about Adam & Eve and be careful if you bite the apple!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 7:18 pm

ksl wrote: Read about Adam & Eve and be careful if you bite the apple!
Another one whose got his bible out! :roll:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 7:35 pm

JR8 wrote:
ksl wrote: Read about Adam & Eve and be careful if you bite the apple!
Another one whose got his bible out! :roll:
Not religious, though i love a good story and hunting birds!
:wink:

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 7:43 pm

Argh!!

If either one of my daughters or my son behaved this way I'd box their ears, I don't care how old they are.

What a sorry state of affairs, she's a lying manipulative harpy, he's a morally-bankrupt, spineless deadbeat.

They both have a lot of growing up to do... :roll:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 7:51 pm

I am having visions of all the moralisers out there sitting typing wearing their best hair-shirts.

Doubtless not a single one of you had sex before marriage.

:) :roll:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 7:52 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:Argh!!

If either one of my daughters or my son behaved this way I'd box their ears, I don't care how old they are.

What a sorry state of affairs, she's a lying manipulative harpy, he's a morally-bankrupt, spineless deadbeat.

Maybe they just do deserve each other!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 8:10 pm

JR8 wrote:I am having visions of all the moralisers out there sitting typing wearing their best hair-shirts.

You seem obsessed seeing everywhere the Catholic moralists :) It's not about having sex but accepting the consequences.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 8:20 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:I am having visions of all the moralisers out there sitting typing wearing their best hair-shirts.

You seem obsessed seeing everywhere the Catholic moralists :) It's not about having sex but accepting the consequences.
Well said. :wink:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 8:26 pm

x9200 wrote:

What I see is a bunch of oldsters who have forgotten what it is like being young and banging out a cute 23 year old chick who you already noted might be a bit 'kinda weird' about the child issue. To have her turn around and declare she's pregnant that you already kinda don't really believe. And so on the day of this trauma and $hit you feel around trying to see how it is you might stand, and hence what your options are. You specifically ask for no moralising, just the facts please.

And what do you get? 95% moralising.

Edit to add pic:
The SGExpat home-team on their way to offer completely non-judgemental advice to a fallen, dead-beat, dirty low-down, spineless, immature, morally bankrupt, child of a wanton impregnator...

Last edited by JR8 on Thu, 26 Jan 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 8:38 pm

expatforum112 wrote:She just called and told me that she is not pregnant and she was just checking my reaction! Lessons learnt.. Phew.. Absolutely no physical relations with anyone for some time..
What a stupendously awful thing to do. Here's hoping she grows the EFF up before trying that s**t on someone else. I hoped you ditched her on her a$$. :shock:

NB. Why does it have to always come down to an abortion vs. parenthood thing? My 2 cents, if she finds out she's pregnant 3 months into a new relationship and wants to keep the baby she should be prepared to raise it on her own (and no, I don't think 23 is too young to do this... :???: )
Otherwise she could choose abortion or adoption, as her values/circumstances permit.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:35 pm

nakatago wrote:

I would say, more like "MADE FOR EACH OTHER ?? " :D :D

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:53 pm

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote:

I would say, more like "MADE FOR EACH OTHER ?? " :D :D
I don't think either is true. She scammed him. His reaction, while leaning towards abortion, was to first to post to understand his legal obligations... he made that clear. He may need guidance... and certainly, this incident gives him food for thought... but she is the 'scumbag'.

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:01 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
I don't think either is true. She scammed him. His reaction, while leaning towards abortion, was to first to post to understand his legal obligations... he made that clear. He may need guidance... and certainly, this incident gives him food for thought... but she is the 'scumbag'.
+1

The way I saw it was that he wanted to know his legal obligations so he could put a sobering thought in the would-be baby mama's head, not necessarily so he could run off on her. If he were that type of guy, he probably would just run, wouldn't he?

But then I tend to see the good in people :?

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:49 am

expatforum112 wrote:As in? One can be a biological father but not a legal one. How does it work in SG? I do not want an accident to shape our lives but for some reason the girl does not think along similar lines..
This is where he lost me...

:-|

She might be scheming, but clearly he needs a Man up! lecture and a dope slap.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 27 Jan 2012 8:13 am

She did what? :O That's horrendous, I'd have nothing more to do with her, she'd be getting her marching orders immediately, as JR8 says, doesn't matter how cute she is mate, there is always another trick up the sleeve and the next one could be a whole lot worse!

Move on, cause it's time to groove on.... Hear the drummer get wicked.
nutnut