Singapore Expats

Pregnant GF

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:52 pm

expatforum112 wrote:Guys, am not forcing my GF to do anything. I have always maintained that it is her decision but it is also essential that I told her what my thoughts were .

For the record, we have been together only for a few months and we were still just getting to know phase. I was just curious to know how things work as you may realize all this took me by surprise. Im not some one who just sleeps around and so this came as a big surprise that inspite of using all the protection and having been together for such short time, this might happen.

Nevertheless, thanks for the responses. Frankly did not expect so many in such a short time.
Let me say, good luck.

If you end up with a nipper, it's not all bad you know!?! Children aren't bad sometimes, they bring a lot of joy! If she decides to keep the baby, would you do the decent thing and marry her? At the moment would you consider a relationship? I think you need to make her aware of this now also, not just that you don't want the baby, but that you are (or are not) ready for a relationship so if she has the baby then a father may (or may not) be around. Could be the end of your relationship or bring you closer!

Again,

Good Luck, it takes a real man to be a father, where as any fool can make a baby.

I believe the saying around these parts is toughen up princess! ;)
nutnut

expatforum112

Post by expatforum112 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:13 pm

I just think that she might be saying all this to judge me.. Tho I know there is no 100% protection, it is unlikely that 5-6 encounters with all precautions will result in a baby.

She has brought up this topic of children and stuff indirectly in our first two three months of the RS and I always categorically told her that I see myself settling down with kids only by 30. I have also been non commital regarding settling down in SG bcoz both are outsiders and cannot really decide about settling down this early.

When I asked her again if she was really pregnant an hour before, she did not reply with a definite yes or no.. Is this something which women do to test or to stress their BFs? If yes, then I know where this RS is heading to...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:24 pm

expatforum112 wrote:I just think that she might be saying all this to judge me.. Tho I know there is no 100% protection, it is unlikely that 5-6 encounters with all precautions will result in a baby.
Wrong, a single encounter can lead to pregnancy .. unless your countrymen need to do 5 times or more to make it happen .. (no clue where you are from though)
She has brought up this topic of children and stuff indirectly in our first two three months of the RS and I always categorically told her that I see myself settling down with kids only by 30. I have also been non commital regarding settling down in SG bcoz both are outsiders and cannot really decide about settling down this early.
Then you are simply not ready to have a GF, so you should have stuck with "RENT BY THE HOUR" deals (sorry if that sounds crude .. )
When I asked her again if she was really pregnant an hour before, she did not reply with a definite yes or no.. Is this something which women do to test or to stress their BFs? If yes, then I know where this RS is heading to...
You know something ? My 2 cents says .. if you never had any intention to face the consequences, you should have been happy with DIY :)

Whether she is gonna reply in an hour or not, essentially, you have have violated and played on a woman's emotions .. with the thought of NSA (i.e. free sex but and no obligations - which, in reality, rarely exists .. ) and .. in which case, YOU SHOULD HAVE REFRAINED from any physical contact or been clear to your GF that you just want a sex partner .. nothing more .. and even better, got her into contraceptive pills or long term contraception (again, that too is not 100% fool proof)

And suggesting abortion since you are NOT ready is not a good excuse .. .. it is like telling somebody that you will touch a buring fire, but not ready to get burnt ..

The truth it, you should have thought about it before doing something with your girl ..

Just for info, how did you 'protect' yourself from this predicament ?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:33 pm

ecureilx wrote:Then you are simply not ready to have a GF, so you should have stuck with "RENT BY THE HOUR" deals (sorry if that sounds crude .. )
and get cooties?!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

expatforum112

Post by expatforum112 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:35 pm

She just called and told me that she is not pregnant and she was just checking my reaction! Lessons learnt.. Phew.. Absolutely no physical relations with anyone for some time..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:37 pm

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Then you are simply not ready to have a GF, so you should have stuck with "RENT BY THE HOUR" deals (sorry if that sounds crude .. )
and get cooties?!
yah right , as if only the "RENT BY HOUR" has it :D :D

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:43 pm

expatforum112 wrote:She just called and told me that she is not pregnant and she was just checking my reaction! Lessons learnt.. Phew.. Absolutely no physical relations with anyone for some time..
Hmm, I guess you need to take a long and deep look within yourself if you reacted this way to the possibility of being a father.

In the meantime, you should meet Mary Palmer...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 1:54 pm

nakatago wrote:
expatforum112 wrote:She just called and told me that she is not pregnant and she was just checking my reaction! Lessons learnt.. Phew.. Absolutely no physical relations with anyone for some time..
Hmm, I guess you need to take a long and deep look within yourself if you reacted this way to the possibility of being a father.

In the meantime, you should meet Mary Palmer...
and it took a while to figure out who Ms Palmer is :D

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 2:18 pm

Here comes punishment: Do you believe her?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 2:34 pm

Current lesson: Leave her. From what I've seen, you're both damn immature.

Future lesson: The proper reaction is to be supportive while saying we need to go to the doctor together and check (for the baby's sake).

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 3:36 pm

This is absolutely the worst violation of trust a woman can make. She would be out of my life in a New York minute, aka, a nanosecond.

With a life wrenching change on the line, she is "checking your reaction"? What ever happened about simply talking about it, especially when you have already told her what you want. A woman like this is no partner... she is either needy or a digger... going to get you one way or another. Either way, that's not the basis of a relationship.

How would she like it if you walked in one night and said, "Baby, I think I gave you AIDS". Ha ha... kidding. Just checking your reaction. Not much difference I don't think.

My reaction would be a seriously large "Buh bye" and "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 4:01 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Current lesson: Leave her. From what I've seen, you're both damn immature.
+1

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 6:21 pm

ecureilx wrote:
expatforum112 wrote:I just think that she might be saying all this to judge me.. Tho I know there is no 100% protection, it is unlikely that 5-6 encounters with all precautions will result in a baby.
Wrong, a single encounter can lead to pregnancy .. unless your countrymen need to do 5 times or more to make it happen .. (no clue where you are from though)
Then you are simply not ready to have a GF, so you should have stuck with "RENT BY THE HOUR" deals (sorry if that sounds crude .. )
You know something ? My 2 cents says .. if you never had any intention to face the consequences, you should have been happy with DIY :)

Whether she is gonna reply in an hour or not, essentially, you have have violated and played on a woman's emotions .. with the thought of NSA (i.e. free sex but and no obligations - which, in reality, rarely exists .. ) and .. in which case, YOU SHOULD HAVE REFRAINED from any physical contact or been clear to your GF that you just want a sex partner .. nothing more .. and even better, got her into contraceptive pills or long term contraception (again, that too is not 100% fool proof)

And suggesting abortion since you are NOT ready is not a good excuse .. .. it is like telling somebody that you will touch a buring fire, but not ready to get burnt ..

The truth it, you should have thought about it before doing something with your girl ..

Just for info, how did you 'protect' yourself from this predicament ?

I think the Catholics here should go easy of their turbo-morality. Not everyone shares such beliefs or even aspires to.

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 6:24 pm

you should get her back. tell her you are HIV positive/AIDS, and got chlamydia, syphilis, genital herpes, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, genital warts and pubic lice. :D (did i miss anything out? and dont ask why i know so many! :D )

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 26 Jan 2012 6:31 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
This is absolutely the worst violation of trust a woman can make. She would be out of my life in a New York minute, aka, a nanosecond.

With a life wrenching change on the line, she is "checking your reaction"? What ever happened about simply talking about it, especially when you have already told her what you want. A woman like this is no partner... she is either needy or a digger... going to get you one way or another. Either way, that's not the basis of a relationship.

How would she like it if you walked in one night and said, "Baby, I think I gave you AIDS". Ha ha... kidding. Just checking your reaction. Not much difference I don't think.

My reaction would be a seriously large "Buh bye" and "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."
+1

For a 23 year old to behave like this, she's clearly seriously nuts. I hope you've told her so, and that it's obviously over.

p.s. and however cute she it, do not look back. If you do her next trick will probably be even more dramatic.