Singapore Expats

car paint protection

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
joantan

car paint protection

Post by joantan » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 8:51 am

hello!

has anyone heard of paint protection film that can help protect cars against stone chips? what are the brands that i should look up on? where can i get it done and what's the price range like?

thanks!

zalis

Re: car paint protection

Post by zalis » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 5:42 pm

Hi,

Our car was badly ended with sandblasting agent with all the surface roughly.
Browsing web and saw a few company offering the polishing but the price was very high and at the same time,they selling the package costing 1k.

Got a very SATISFIED workmanship fm Joseph Mobile grooming.
at $128 after discount. The car surface is very smooth and grooming was done without our expectation.

[quote="joantan"]hello!

has anyone heard of paint protection film that can help protect cars against stone chips? what are the brands that i should look up on? where can i get it done and what's the price range like?

thanks![/quote]

BananaSplit

Post by BananaSplit » Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:30 pm

If you keep wax on your car a couple times a year you will be fine, that paint protection is a waste of money as the new paint on cars today have clear coat over the paint already.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Fri, 11 Nov 2011 8:40 am

BananaSplit wrote:If you keep wax on your car a couple times a year you will be fine, that paint protection is a waste of money as the new paint on cars today have clear coat over the paint already.
I beg to differ, as the film is so inpenetrable that it is waaaaay more protective than clear coat on a factory paint job.

Having said that, I don't like the look of the films anyway ;)

But for the OP - try autobacs, they would do it for you.

yycools

Post by yycools » Wed, 25 Jan 2012 6:35 pm

depending on the make of the film, some films will yellow (dry out) over time, and when you remove the film, the color won't match anymore.