Singapore Expats

Large size shoes - where to buy?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
buyan

Large size shoes - where to buy?

Post by buyan » Sat, 21 Jan 2012 8:21 pm

I take size 12 (that's 46) but all the shops I've been to only have up to size 11/(45), or very very limited styles in 12(46). Anyone know where I can buy larger size men's shoes, particularly office shoes?

stueyhall

Post by stueyhall » Sun, 22 Jan 2012 8:51 am

Ive been on the same hunt myself. Seems the answer is NO. Pretty much every shop I've asked stocks to US 11 and thats it...

If you find someone who does, id love to know.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 23 Jan 2012 9:32 am

Clark(e?)s in Suntec (and various other places) tend to do a UK size 12 - US 13 in smart shoes. I have found plenty of 12's in Singapore, unfortunately, I take a UK 13!

Trainers are simple to find, try New Balance in Velocity for training shoes and running shoes, they also do wide shoes. There is a shop in Century square that sells up to size UK 13 in Skate trainers/casual comfortable shoes too! Can't remember the name or level, but Century Square ain't too big! It's on 1 or 2 levels down from the cinema.

Another place is Arch Angels (It's not cheap - $200+, but it's run and owned by a Podiatrist and the shoes are very good quality!)

Otherwise, you can buy them from here, they ship to Singapore :)

Hope it helps! It's not easy having big plates in Singapore!
nutnut

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:07 am

I'm US 11.5, so some of the 45s here fit, some don't, depends on the shoe. I usually buy 2-3 pairs of shoes when I visit the US outlets like DSW and just bring them back.

But, another good option is this website: www.endless.com
It's a subsidiary of Amazon, and deals with just shoes. My only issue with it is way too many options to browse through. Their international shipping is quick and cheap/free:
endless.com ships to 50+ countries worldwide. Please visit our International Shipping Overview page for eligible locations.

All orders shipping internationally will receive Priority Shipping (average 2-4 business days). If the total purchase price of the products order is $100 or more, we will ship to you at no charge, and if the total purchase price is under $100, we will charge you a flat rate of just $10. See the International Shipping Overview page for more details on eligible countries and shipping estimates. Please note, due to carrier limitations, we currently offer shipping to P.O. boxes only on orders shipped within the U.S.

If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a period of 365 days from the original purchase date. For international returns, send the original item back to us via an economical method, and if the return was the result of our error, we'll reimburse you up to a set amount for the shipping costs once we receive the returned item.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Re: Large size shoes - where to buy?

Post by BillyB » Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:29 am

buyan wrote:I take size 12 (that's 46) but all the shops I've been to only have up to size 11/(45), or very very limited styles in 12(46). Anyone know where I can buy larger size men's shoes, particularly office shoes?
Have a look in Robinsons at Centrepoint and also Takashimaya - there are some 46's knocking around in both those places

waleeed12

Post by waleeed12 » Tue, 29 Mar 2016 2:08 pm

Trainers are simple to find, try New Balance in Velocity for training shoes and running shoes, they also do wide shoes. There is a shop in Century square that sells up to size UK 13 in Skate trainers/casual comfortable shoes too! Can't remember the name or level, but Century Square ain't too big! It's on 1 or 2 levels down from the cinema.

DrScrumMaster
Regular
Regular

Post by DrScrumMaster » Tue, 29 Mar 2016 6:49 pm

I'm only UK size 10, but my feet are broad. I gave up trying to buy shoes in Singapore several years ago (other than boat shoes) and bought Doc Martens on-line because I knew they'd fit me.

kellytan1988

Post by kellytan1988 » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:05 am

My hubby is Caucasian and has difficulties finding good leather shoes of his size in Singapore too.

Often has to buy from the States.

We came across this website: https://customcrap.website/
And contacted Carl, and has shoes custom-made.

We were very pleased with the quality of the shoes. And they are priced affordable too.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Mar 2018 3:28 pm

kellytan1988 wrote:My hubby is Caucasian and has difficulties finding good leather shoes of his size in Singapore too.

Often has to buy from the States.
from another local forum 10 years ago......
"Nov 18, 2008 - hi i'm carl. i'm 22, completed NS, now studying. A Level education and have class 3 and 2b licenses. currently looking for a job. Any job offer please contact me at [email protected]."
Hi Carl. Does it hurt much? Were you gay while you were in NS? or you only found out later? :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

desmondtan1988

Post by desmondtan1988 » Thu, 29 Mar 2018 6:11 pm

Custom made is a good choice. I have mine made by custom made Donavan. He is located at Address: 82 Telok Ayer Street, #02-04, 048467.

Have checked out Carl's shoes too. But Donavan has more variety.

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 1:27 pm

Since this thread was revived, I'll contribute my 2 cents.
Changi Point - Trainers are easy as most stores will have sizes up to 13, Nike stocks till 16 I think.
Can also go around and find some others stocking 13.

Hosmoochie

Post by Hosmoochie » Sun, 02 Sep 2018 1:58 am

There is a Singapore brand called Palola which makes women's leather shoes up to EU 46. Check them out.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 13 Feb 2021 3:47 pm

I’ve had many instances where I’ve been unable to find any work appropriate shoes at all. For reference, my feet are a women’s 11.5-12 depending on the brand and fit. I ended up having to order them from an American site and have them shipped through a mail forwarder since I was in Singapore. Since then, I’ve discovered that ASOS sells a huge variety of women’s and men’s shoes. Almost all go up to relatively large sizes, women’s 11 at the very least.