Singapore Expats

Super Bowl XLV

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
gator

Super Bowl XLV

Post by gator » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 4:23 pm

I still can't believe the Saints lost out to Seattle. Unreal.

So, any American football fans out there watching the Super Bowl this year? As usual it's on Monday morning, but it's the Monday following Chinese New Year. Brewerkz is always an option if reserved ahead of time. Or I have a slingbox for home viewing, though very much dependent on internet conditions.

Anyone interested or have something already set up, please let me know.

sloopjb80

Post by sloopjb80 » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 4:57 pm

Gator I want to watch the superbowl this year but unfortunately I am going to be in Phuket over Chinese New Year. We had a bunch of people interested in the college football national championship game this year on this forum

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic74465.html

so you might want to contact some of those folks. By the way, nice profile name, are you a UF grad?

soundsgood_sg

Superbowl

Post by soundsgood_sg » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 5:53 pm

There's a bunch of places around town that do a decent SuperBowl, I've been to Dan Ryans a few times and always enjoyed the atmosphere there. A Raider fan since my time in LA (damn you Al Davis for taking them back to Oakland!) so the playoffs are just about enjoying good football; let me know if you want to make plans for the game, I'm contemplating a trip to see family in the UK during CNY, but if that doesn't come off, keen to catch the game with people who know there's football, and then there's soccer!

gator

Post by gator » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:48 pm

We had a bunch of people interested in the college football national championship game this year on this forum
Cool, I'll check out the thread. I was just planning on catching the BCS game at my place with Slingbox. I'll post over on the other thread if anyone wants to swing by.
By the way, nice profile name, are you a UF grad?
Indeed, though I'm saddened by this year's performance. Actually, I was in school during the Zook years, so I missed the Spurrier and Meyer fun. Yourself?
A Raider fan
I'm...I'm so sorry, man.
let me know if you want to make plans for the game, I'm contemplating a trip to see family in the UK during CNY, but if that doesn't come off, keen to catch the game with people who know there's football, and then there's soccer!
Cool. If you're planning on being around, shoot me a note.

soundsgood_sg

ASN

Post by soundsgood_sg » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:59 pm

It's not free, but if you have StarHub Cable TV, they have a lot of NFL coverage on ASN, which is in HD on channel 256. It's not cheap - $20 a month, so I only subscribe during the season. They show the games live and then also in edited 2 1/2-hour tape-delay broadcasts during the evenings. Enjoying the Colts-Jets tape delay game right now...

sloopjb80

Post by sloopjb80 » Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:26 pm

Gator - yes I am a Gator myself and I'm damn glad to meet you. I am going to be watching as many Gator games as possible while I am here in Singapore so if you want to watch some games let me know. I was there during the Zook years myself and also sometime before that in the Spurrier years ... in other words I was at UF for a long time because I had such a hard time leaving that town. Really, who ever wants to leave Gainesville?

Let me know if you want to watch any basketball games, especially during March Madness. And of course if you are still around for next football season, it would be great to watch the Muschamp era begin with some fellow Gators!!!

gator

Post by gator » Wed, 12 Jan 2011 1:49 am

I don't blame you for not wanting to leave. Wouldn't have minded pulling a Van Wilder for a little while there.

I'll definitely be around, and it would be cool to have a fellow gator around to watch the games with. And I'll for sure be following the dance.

Most games are at real odd hours, so maybe I'll record one of the bigger games and we can catch it at a normal hour with a few beers like the games deserve to be watched.

hartfan

Post by hartfan » Sat, 05 Feb 2011 10:53 pm

Looking for people to watch the Superbowl with. Anyone out there who wouldn't mind an additional fan please hit me up. First year I'm not enjoying the Superbowl holiday. Go Packers by the way.

nepats

Post by nepats » Fri, 13 Jan 2012 3:43 pm

im looking for people to watch the super bowl with as well - i made a reservation at dan ryans for four people so ive got spare capacity. i made the booking as soon as i moved to singapore (Dec) as I've made the mistake in the past of waiting to long to book (missed it the year i lived in london...)

yycools

Post by yycools » Mon, 23 Jan 2012 7:24 am

Hey nepats, judging from you handle, you're from the patriots nation. I'm so excited they are going to the superbowl. Want to know if I can join you (being a fellow patriots fan) on your reservation at Dan Ryans. I can't private msg since I'm new, but text/call me at 94498433 or email me at [email protected]. Thanks man, Ian.

safronova

Post by safronova » Sat, 28 Jan 2012 1:19 pm

nepats wrote:im looking for people to watch the super bowl with as well - i made a reservation at dan ryans for four people so ive got spare capacity. i made the booking as soon as i moved to singapore (Dec) as I've made the mistake in the past of waiting to long to book (missed it the year i lived in london...)
Looking to watch the superbowl as well. Just moved back to Singapore after spending a year in NYC, would love to catch it! [email protected]. Hit me up.

yycools

Post by yycools » Sat, 28 Jan 2012 6:44 pm

Looking to watch the superbowl as well. Just moved back to Singapore after spending a year in NYC, would love to catch it! [email protected]. Hit me up.
I just made a reservation at Dan Ryan's as well. Just in case nepats don't get back to me in time. I will be checking out more bars/restaurants next week and see which will have the best TVs and such. Feel free to join me table......but I'll be rooting for the Pats!

gator

Post by gator » Thu, 02 Feb 2012 4:23 am

I'm still around this year, but late on making reservations. I'm likely alone as I don't know many Americans.

yycools or nepats, mind if I join the company?
**disclaimer: I am a rock solid Giants fan. However, I enjoy the friendly trash-talking.