Singapore Expats

gave up pr 14yrs ago. thinking of appealing. pls help.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sharkfung

the wait is over.

Post by sharkfung » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:41 pm

dear all. after much waiting....almost 9mths, they reject me again. was a bit down at first but after a few week, i decided to appeal. i went to the 'meet the people session' with my wife. told my story to this very kind lady Dr Coral Lai. she understand my situation is pretty complicating but is willing to help me all the way even if the appeal is rejected again. for now, the letter she wrote for me will be handed over to Mr Iswaran to sign, after which ICA will decide and reply me, dunno when...haha. mentally torturing and tires me but its my own doing.

thinking of going down to cmpb to see if they will enlist a ex-pr. is me too eager? cool it, will keep your updated.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:00 pm

sharkfung, it always seems darkest before the dawn. Here's hoping you have some success. It's not going to be easy and it's going to take a bit of time even if you are successful. You may get lucky.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ps07857

Re: the wait is over.

Post by ps07857 » Mon, 20 Dec 2010 6:41 am

sharkfung wrote:dear all. after much waiting....almost 9mths, they reject me again. was a bit down at first but after a few week, i decided to appeal. i went to the 'meet the people session' with my wife. told my story to this very kind lady Dr Coral Lai. she understand my situation is pretty complicating but is willing to help me all the way even if the appeal is rejected again. for now, the letter she wrote for me will be handed over to Mr Iswaran to sign, after which ICA will decide and reply me, dunno when...haha. mentally torturing and tires me but its my own doing.

thinking of going down to cmpb to see if they will enlist a ex-pr. is me too eager? cool it, will keep your updated.

why don't you just continue to work on an EP while waiting for the PR. I mean if you keep perservering, I am pretty sure they will eventually give you hints as to how to rectify the situation. Worst case scenario, wait till you are >40 yo before applying. CMPB will definitely not be interested in you by then!

sharkfung

Post by sharkfung » Tue, 05 Apr 2011 1:33 pm

time for a update and i am here coz still will be waiting. this time is EP issue and itz a nightmare like 2 yrs ago...kind of expected it. like 2yrs ago, my company will appeal for me. now keeping my finger crossed. u see 'ps' , itz so scary, even my 11yrs working here cannot guarantee an EP. don't even dare to think of PR after 40...haha. but by than god knows what will happen.

anyway.....finally got to meet our west coast MP few mths ago. had a 10min session with Mr Iswaran. he knew my case is complicated but not hopeless. he say i am lucky already since i still can get my EP while many others was denied. he told me to be patient with the PR thingy and go back to him in future when my situation is more substantial. kind of knew what he meant. i must play my part too.hahaha...and he also promise next time is no more ICA....he will bring my case to the Home Affair. really appreciate his time for the people. not me but my singaporean grrl.

there is still so much task for me to settle for my company. and this EP issue is really affecting my performance. hope it will be over soon.

sharkfung

Post by sharkfung » Tue, 31 May 2011 12:22 pm

the torture comes to an end with the approval of my EP. 6 wk of waiting is very draining and for those who is still waiting please be patient, they will definitely reply. personally made a trip down to MOM last wk and is indeed people mountain people sea. pls keep fit for medical check up, don't despair!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Tue, 31 May 2011 4:26 pm

sharkfung wrote:the torture comes to an end with the approval of my EP. 6 wk of waiting is very draining and for those who is still waiting please be patient, they will definitely reply. personally made a trip down to MOM last wk and is indeed people mountain people sea. pls keep fit for medical check up, don't despair!
Congratulations on this. Be happy you are not separated and forced to leave at least.

mutfak

Post by mutfak » Thu, 19 Jan 2012 6:43 am

thanks for all the advice