Singapore Expats

Divorce support groups in Singapore??

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
emmerald

Post by emmerald » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 8:44 pm

I am also going through an extremely bitter divorce and was hoping that if there was a group available I could perhaps join in. I am so lost at the moment.

emmerald

Post by emmerald » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 8:49 pm

sorry if i keep on posting on here, i have the same problem unable to pm due to "not enough posts on forum". I am on the East Coast. If anyone wants to meet up, please feel free to pm me and lets set a date and do a coffee morning or afternoon tea.

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Thu, 29 Dec 2011 9:04 am

divorces can be crazy... hold on to your faith cos that's the only thing that will help you move on.

i live in the east too. [email protected] drop me a mail, let organise a session.

stay strong :D

Far

bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluenose » Tue, 03 Jan 2012 1:11 pm

Divorces are simple....people are crazy!

I went through a divorce and what was verbally agreed before was not what happened when she got the lawyers involved!

The reason my marriage failed was not that I did not know my ex wife after 15 years of marriage....but I did not know myself when I got married.
I began to grow....then realised it was a mistake....stayed for the sake of my son and other reasons....wrong move....you cannot stay miserable just because the bible says so???? How dumb is that?
I chose to ask her to leave....best move ever.
Lawyers earned a fortune from it....she learned a lesson too...and so did I....understand yourself before getting into a relationship with anyone!

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Wed, 04 Jan 2012 5:12 pm

When it comes to divorces, everything is crazy...

bluenose wrote:Divorces are simple....people are crazy!

I went through a divorce and what was verbally agreed before was not what happened when she got the lawyers involved!

The reason my marriage failed was not that I did not know my ex wife after 15 years of marriage....but I did not know myself when I got married.
I began to grow....then realised it was a mistake....stayed for the sake of my son and other reasons....wrong move....you cannot stay miserable just because the bible says so???? How dumb is that?
I chose to ask her to leave....best move ever.
Lawyers earned a fortune from it....she learned a lesson too...and so did I....understand yourself before getting into a relationship with anyone!

arrontan74

Post by arrontan74 » Wed, 04 Jan 2012 5:17 pm

After the dust settles, we emerge, different. May be good, may be bad. Depends. A shadow within remains, that's for sure.

toneemontana

Re: Singapore Divorce etc

Post by toneemontana » Wed, 04 Jan 2012 9:17 pm

Xnewyorker wrote:Hi- I am also going through a divorce in Singapore...we have been separated for a year and my wife has now started seeing someone else. I have not looked into the nitty gritty of the legal process but now feel I have to- for my own sanity....we have 2 children...they've held up well for this first year...but it looks like the gloves are coming off for me and my wife...so I am a bit apprehensive...

I am an American , my wife Singaporean..I don't feel like the system is favourable to men..but we have agreed on joint-custody...financial wise though my wife makes 5 times more than me...and it's tough to feel like I will be able to "move on" as she has...
would love to chat with any similar cases:-}
Solution:
1. Book one-way flight to U.S.A.
2. You board flight
3. Never look back
4. Keep in phone or e-mail contact with kids
5. Have them move to U.S.A. when emancipated
6. Save you sanity

Kayleen

Post by Kayleen » Fri, 20 Jan 2012 9:51 pm

Why is divorce a bad , horrible, crazy process when it's no longer in a lovable condition as it should be? Shouldnt it be a celebration of a whole new life ? :lol:

arrontan74

Post by arrontan74 » Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:52 pm

Its the process that's painful to most people.

Kayleen

Post by Kayleen » Sat, 21 Jan 2012 8:59 pm

Exactly.. That's what I'm trying to say.. Since it's a process towards a life without that someone whom don't love you anymore , shouldn't it be like dressing up, doing your make up, putting on your heels to a party mood kind of thingy? I mean.. No one can put you down without your permission , yes? :D

buyan

Post by buyan » Sun, 22 Jan 2012 4:56 pm

Dear all, please see my new discussion topic called "Leaving wife and children for another woman". I sympathise with anyone, on either side, going through divorce. Been through it twice myself, at my instigation. I've made a huge effort to learn from past experiences and have turned a new leaf, life has turned around, and am happier than ever before. There will always be regrets, impacts on family, including children, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. On the financial side - what price freedom? Sometimes better just to get on with it and start again.

buyan

Post by buyan » Sun, 22 Jan 2012 4:57 pm

Honour - no one can give it to you, and no one can ever take it away from you.

Ashash

Post by Ashash » Mon, 13 Feb 2012 5:00 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum, will be going through divorce soon as husband has asked for an uncontested divorce .... so hurt, angry and don't know what to do..

Anyone can recommend a good and cheap lawyer so that I can get some legal advice on how to proceed, etc ?

DeGago

Post by DeGago » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:25 pm

Like to meet some people with the same experience as me. I am an European who moved 8 years ago to Singapore and got immediately married with a Singaporean. It was even the reason why I moved to here. I really need some emotional help as I don't know what to do...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:42 pm

The best advice we could have given you would have been 8 years ago..... :(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers