Singapore Expats

Outlook Express Message Rules don't work

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Rules

Outlook Express Message Rules don't work

Post by Rules » Fri, 06 May 2005 10:58 am

My outlook express message rules don't work no matter how i use it...anyone facing the same problem?

dumbledore
Regular
Regular

Post by dumbledore » Fri, 06 May 2005 11:16 am

can u elaborate more?

elaborate

Post by Guest » Fri, 06 May 2005 11:25 am

dumbledore,

Okie, for example, I receive spam emails with the subject: Registration Confirmation- so in the emssage rules I set it to Where Subjet is' registration confirmation' do not download from server.

But I still receive the mails from this subject, so which means it doesn't work. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 May 2005 11:43 am

I don't believe you want to do it that way because eventually (very quickly in fact) your mailbox will fill up and you will not receive any mail, spam or otherwise.

Let it download and use the rules to automatically delete the file. I'm not sure you can delete it from the server unless you are using MS Exchange but I not sure there
sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dumbledore
Regular
Regular

Post by dumbledore » Fri, 06 May 2005 11:57 am

yes if u r using POP3 & outlook express u still can delete from server.

for the mail rules, last time i also had problem with it. After that I realize that the other rule has override it.

ok for example
rule 1: move all my mails from school mailbox to "School" folder (I use outlook express to receive emails from many accounts)
rule 2: move all mail with subjects contains [vnbiz] to "vnbiz" folder (those emails i receive from a mail group).

i found that all the [vnbiz] moved to "school" folder as well, and there's nothing in "vnbiz".

after that i realize that rule 1 has override rule 2, since the [vnbiz] also came from school mailbox, and it has been moved to "school" folder first before being moved to [vnbiz], it means, after being moved to "school", there's no such mail with [vnbiz] anymore, so rule 2 is no use.

so move rule 2 up above rule 1, that will solve problem