Singapore Expats

Feeding dogs from the table - my visceral torment :x

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:36 pm

^^^^
+1
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

The truth is....

Post by ex-pat » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 7:37 pm

Truth is employers including expats are getting reliant to maids. Dog walking seems to be part of maids job. And they are not even paid for that extra job (same as car washing).
the lynx wrote:
x9200 wrote:Not exactly in the bullseye of this topic but I had this not so unique opportunity to see today in one of the parks how some expats (Angmohs!) were waking their dog. Yes, the expat family was peacefully strolling and their maid was running back and forth with their spaniel.
I wonder, what is the point of having a dog in the family then?

Day in and day out, I only see the maid walking the dog twice a day (picking up the poo at the same time) when the entire family (angmoh expat also) goes out rollerblading, strolling and cycling on weekends without the dog and pretty much had nothing to do with the dog for the rest of the week...

True story. That family stays around my area.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 7:48 pm

mummy mantras wrote: If you really love an animal, you'd make sure they eat the right food for their species.

Without wishing to appear a pedant [:wink:], dogs are one species, vis. Canis lupus familiaris.

I believe you meant to say breed, which is a point well made.

[/pedant]

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 7:52 pm

JR8 wrote:
mummy mantras wrote: If you really love an animal, you'd make sure they eat the right food for their species.

Without wishing to appear a pedant [:wink:], dogs are one species, vis. Canis lupus familiaris.

I believe you meant to say breed, which is a point well made.

[/pedant]
I think she meant species, as she was referring to folks who give dogs human food. Breed specific food ain't a bad idea either though.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 7:57 pm

poodlek wrote: I think she meant species, as she was referring to folks who give dogs human food. Breed specific food ain't a bad idea either though.

:lol: On rereading it I think you're probably right. Doh! :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 9:30 pm

Aiyoh, cannot let sleeping dog lie? :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 28 Dec 2011 9:36 pm

:tongue:

:cool:

Edit to add: the 'whistle' emo does not work, and there doesn't seem to be one for a V-sign. Shame hehehe...