Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
unxplainable

Re: nose

Post by unxplainable » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 6:12 pm

Cassey wrote:
Rie Michiko wrote:
Cassey wrote: Hi Michiko,

When are you planning to go hatyai?
Hi Cassey,
I have not made any appt yet cause I'm lstill hesitant abt the results and also looking for a companion to do together.
Hi Michiko,

I have book an appointment with dr nara on April 2nd.
Email me and discuss further if you wish to join me :)
[email protected]
hi michiko..
Have u ody book an appt wt dr nara? i will b there on Apr 18 4 my BA, nose + tummy lipo.. my email [email protected]

xxyy

Post by xxyy » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 8:25 pm

I will do double eyelid and medial epi - Dr Chi

What should I prepare before and after surgery...

Am I need to prepare a scar reduction cream?

Am I need to prepare a medicine for reduce the swelling myself?
Or Dr Chi got sell in his clinic?

Bjork7

Mommy Makeover with Dr Chi

Post by Bjork7 » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 9:36 pm

Hello all!

I just want to update you about my experience with Dr.Chi. I just came back to Singapore this evening.

Last week on Friday 9th I had a breast lift (lollipop technique), BA (silicon/Mentor), and a full tummy tuck all at the same time with Dr.Chi. The surgery took 16 hours from start to finish!!! I could hardly believe it myself. Dr Chi told me that it would roughly take 10 hours, but at the end because of the elasticity of my breast the whole thing took 16 hours! My surgery started at 3pm on Friday and ended on Saturday 7am! He said it took him about 9.5hours just to operate on my breasts.

I was supposed to have lipo done on my flanks also, but Dr Chi decided not to do so. I guess because of the time.

I stayed at the hospital for 4 nights, and stayed in Hatyai for 9 nights in total. Although, I had to keep on using the drainage from the tummy tuck for a week. So, I had to endure walking around with drainage tube with me.

So far, I'm really happy with how my breasts and tummy look. I'm just hoping that I will heal nicely and will not experience any problem whatsoever.

Dr Chi did such a great meticulous job on my BA and lift, my "girlies" look great and symmetrical :) I haven't seen them this perky ever since before I gave birth to my first son 6 years ago! As for the size, I didn't go too big because my original breasts were already big to begin with and I've quite significant breast tissues already. All I needed was the lift and a small implant to keep them supple.

As for my tummy tuck, I'm really happy with how it look, too. I had 2 c-sections before so I already had a scar just above my pubic bone. But Dr Chi made the cut right below my c-section scar and removed the c-section scar all together while the new scar is way below my bikini line.

From now until the next 7-10 days I'll have to go to a clinic once every 2 days to change all of my dressings. According to Dr Chi any clinic should be able to change the dressings for me.

Oh, and for those of you who are going to Hatyai, I really recommend to just stay at Novotel hotel. I found this is the ONLY decent hotel in Hatyai. The rest are quite dirty (well, to my standard anyway). It's convenient because there's a mall with restaurants and grocery store, etc just opposite/below the hotel. And trust me, there's really nothing to do in Hatyai so you'll spend most of your days in the hotel. So you'd want to stay in a decent hotel.

Bjork7

Post by Bjork7 » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:19 pm

By the way, today is exactly 7 days post surgery and I'm felling alright. Day 1 and day 2 (sat & sun) were the worst (but still bearable). Day 3 I started to walk around and right after I checked out of the hospital I went shopping :).

The worst pain comes from the tummy tuck surgery, not the breasts. And the pain mostly because of the tightening of the skin, not really the incision. C-section surgery incision is way more invasive compared to tummy tuck.

So, for those of you who are planning to have a BA surgery, have no fear, it wont be too bad :) I'd say the pain level is 2 out of 10. It's mostly just uncomfortable feeling. Keep in mind that I've a lollipop scar because of the lift.

I'm not allowed to carry anything more than 10pounds for the next 4 weeks. But my second son is still 11 months old and he often wants me to carry him. So, I put him on my lap instead or we just play on the floor.

I don't believe in maid and I've no family in Singapore other than my hubby and 2 sons, so I've no help whatsoever. I normally take care both of my boys myself. So far, my husband is helping me a lot with the kids and he's taking time off work until Monday. I guess from Monday onwards I will have to lift my 11-month old boy (almost 24pounds) once in a while.

I just hope I'll heal nicely and that everything will be alright :D

Epxofglitter

Post by Epxofglitter » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:55 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm finally back in SG. I'm BEYOND thankful for all the contributions in this thread. Did dbl eyelid, epi & lateral at Dr Chi. First of all, i think i should mention that dr chi is REALLY busy on weekends. During my trip, I heard from one of his nurses that they operated up till 3AM in the morning, and Dr Chi would be up again at 8am the next morning to work again. I had to wait for quite awhile past my appt time for consultation AND surgery. So please be prepared to wait, try to be understanding too. You wouldn't want a surgeon to rush through and anyhow cut your face yar;)

For those who are doing your eyes, i'll suggest you guys to stay longer in the hotel, you really wouldnt wanna go out with a pair of swollen, bruised and pus-oozing eyes. It has been 6 days after my surgery, and my eyes are still slightly bruised. Dr Chi does provide pills and scar gel, but i think they can only last you for 1.5 weeks(in my case). So i've bought my own from a pharmacy in hatyai for 300baht. The brand is 'SCAGEL'.

Feel free to ask me any questions! I've gotten so much help from this forum and it's GREAT! Just hoping my eyes will heal well for now. Take care everyone, and good luck!!

gmmf.link

Post by gmmf.link » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:08 am

aadvark wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Hi I'm interested as well.... can you PM me as I've not clocked enough posts to use this feature?
bumblebee, you interested to go nara or yanhee?

i have a lot of ppl who want to go nara, i haven't found anyone to go yanhee with me :P

Dear Mr. aadvark,
I am planning to do jaw implants in thailand coming july, any doctors recommended ? i ve in touch with yoskarn 5000$( + week acc.) and dr.charan which i think is better in this procedure (3000$)

Bjork7

Post by Bjork7 » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 12:26 am

That's true, Dr Chi's nurses also told me that 1 day after my surgery he had surgeries all day until 3am, and on Sunday he almost missed his ride back to Phuket.

He's very busy and only comes to Hatyai every 2 weekends. He's normally not in Hatyai on Fridays, but he did last week because of my extensive surgeries. I had a consultation (he drew map on me then too) with him on Friday from 9.30am until noon. Checked into hospital at 1pm and into operating theater at 3pm.

Dr. Chi is very nice and patience, though. He answered all my concerns in a very detailed manner. He even took time in mapping my body. His nurses were all nice, too. One of his nurse is a lecturer at Hatyai's University and she speaks English really well. Two nurses came to my hotel room everyday after I checked out of the hospital to change my dressings and to check on my tummy tuck's drainage.

Btw, I took Sinecch for reducing swelling and bruises (bought them from Rachel - really nice friendly girl). Although, Dr Chi also gave me medication to reduce swelling.

As for BA/lift compression garment, I bought them from Singapore's Design Veronique. The SA was very helpful, but the office is so far - somewhere at an industrial area.

Hope that helps.

Epxofglitter

Post by Epxofglitter » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 4:48 pm

Hey bjork:)

Were you in a white tank top yesterday at the airport with your family? I'm not too sure, just thought that I might have seen you!

LadyVv

Dr Chi

Post by LadyVv » Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Epxofglitter,

Do you mind posting pictures? I am heading to Hatyai for eye surgery on this coming saturday with Dr Chi :) Also , how did you locate his clinic ? How long did you stay at hatyai as i will be staying for 3 days.. Maybe you can most more detail about the process? Thank you so much !

Hi everyone!

I'm finally back in SG. I'm BEYOND thankful for all the contributions in this thread. Did dbl eyelid, epi & lateral at Dr Chi. First of all, i think i should mention that dr chi is REALLY busy on weekends. During my trip, I heard from one of his nurses that they operated up till 3AM in the morning, and Dr Chi would be up again at 8am the next morning to work again. I had to wait for quite awhile past my appt time for consultation AND surgery. So please be prepared to wait, try to be understanding too. You wouldn't want a surgeon to rush through and anyhow cut your face yar;)

For those who are doing your eyes, i'll suggest you guys to stay longer in the hotel, you really wouldnt wanna go out with a pair of swollen, bruised and pus-oozing eyes. It has been 6 days after my surgery, and my eyes are still slightly bruised. Dr Chi does provide pills and scar gel, but i think they can only last you for 1.5 weeks(in my case). So i've bought my own from a pharmacy in hatyai for 300baht. The brand is 'SCAGEL'.

Feel free to ask me any questions! I've gotten so much help from this forum and it's GREAT! Just hoping my eyes will heal well for now. Take care everyone, and good luck!!

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Nara

Post by Rie Michiko » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:21 am

Hi unxplainable,

I've manage to book an appointment with Nara on 3 Apr together with Cassey. But I'm still in a dilemma. I've consulted Dr. Chi and this is his reply:
" For your problem I recommended my friend " Dr. somboon waiprib " plastic surgeon. He excellence for your problem you can consult with him via email " [email protected] "I think for you need to do open incision."

Now, I do not know what to do....which doc to choose...
seems like bulbous nose needs an open rhino....but Nara (as mentioned in this forum) do not perform open rhino..

Gosh....who can advise me.....

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Nose

Post by Rie Michiko » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 1:12 pm

For those who is interested in Dr Chi, probably you have to make an appointment as soon as possible. In this time, he is not staying in hatyai because he planned to move to Korea for committee of plastic surgeon.

So Faster BOOK him before he left to KOREA...

Well, for my situation, he advised that if I want a more beautiful and smaller nose, there is a need to use the open rhino technique and he is not familiar with this procedure.

As for Dr. Somboon, his reply is "Definitely, your nose has to be corrected with open incision method and have to corrected bone and cartilage to make it more balance to your face. The package price for open rhinoplasty is around 115,000 THB(include Goretex implant)
80% of swelling and bruisng will gone in about 2 weeks after operation."

Actually, the answer from Dr. Somboon is exactly the one suitable for bulbous nose after I gathered all the info. However, the cost is $5000!!!! Gosh.....

:shock: What should I DOOOOOO......

xxyy

Post by xxyy » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 4:39 pm

Epxofglitter wrote:Hi everyone!

Hi Epxofglitter,

Very grateful to hear from you.

Can I ask will I need to prepare anything for before and after surgery?

I will back to Penang next day after the eye surgery. Just wonder when is it any problem when i pass the immigration.
Will your eye look very swell on the second day?

Can share your photo?

I am going this Sat for eyelid + epi. Dr advise lateral is not necessary.

When will you go back to work?

Wish you recover soon...

xxyy

Post by xxyy » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 5:06 pm

Hi Epxofglitter,

How is the Golden Crown Plaza Hotel?

Is it clean and convenience?

Bjork7

Post by Bjork7 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 9:22 pm

Hi Epxofglitter,

Yes, that was me and my boys! :) Were you the one who traveled alone with a huge dark sunglasses? I think I might have seen you, too :)

---------------------------

Well, today is day 11 after my surgery. I feel so much better, everything is healing nicely. I started driving since Monday which was 9 days after the surgery. I know I'm not supposed to but I really still have so much to prepare for Christmas. I just don't take the pain killer.

However, yesterday I felt quite a bit of pain on my breast area. My fault really because I had to go into my storage room, climbed up a ladder, lifted some empty suitcases and a carpet and moved them; I tripped a light switch in the house and had to fix the breaker. But after my husband came back home, I rested all through the night and I woke up feeling much better.

-------------------------------

Hi XXYY,

I would rate The Golden Crown Plaza hotel 3 out of 10. If you're not fussy then it should be okay, I'm quite particular about cleanliness so I wouldn't recommend it. My family and I stayed there for 2 nights because Novotel and quite a few other hotels were fully booked on the last 2 nights we were there. On the last night we actually found 2 cockroaches in the room!!! That was such a horrible horrible experience! I'm not even sure how those cockroaches get up there in the first place. The whole night I couldn't sleep coz I was afraid that there might be a cockroach on the bed :(.

Bjork7

Post by Bjork7 » Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:06 pm

Hello again everybody!

I've received quite a number of PMs basically asking me about the same thing. I'll post my reply here so I can also share with everyone:

----------------------------------------

When I was in Hatyai I almost changed my mind about the whole thing, just because I saw how bad the city looks. I just kept on telling myself that Dr Chi is a very good surgeon and he works full time at the Bangkok Phuket Hospital, so he must be very good and experienced. I told myself that I just have to trust the surgeon and trust that he'd take a good care of me.

The one thing that made me decided to go ahead with everything was Dr Chi himself. I felt so much better after having my almost 2-hour consultation with him. He made me feel so safe and comfortable and he really listened to my concerns and took time explaining everything.

I don't think I'm comfortable enough to share my pictures, though (even with the face cut out). But I can honestly tell you that I'm extremely happy with the results so far, so does my husband :wink:

The scar goes from hip to hip, so yes it's way longer compared to c-section's scar. He did sew my stomach muscles together and cut out almost the whole bottom half of my tummy (from just above the belly button to above pubic bone). So I lost all my stretch marks from my lower belly, but the stretch marks from above my belly button are still there it's just that their position is now on the lower half of my tummy (but they look faint now maybe because of the stretching of the skin?).

As for the belly button itself, yes Dr Chi did make a new one for me.

My weight is still the same, I guess because I'm still swelling now and that my boobies are heavier too :wink: haha

The tummy tuck alone cost 80,000 baht and breast lift + augmentation cost 100,000 baht. So together it was 180,000 baht, including 4 nights stay at the hospital.

For my BA, I chose 300cc silicon implants. I think after the swelling is gone I'd be about a DD or a full D at least.

As for the hospital itself, don't expect anything fancy. It was quite a shock for me when I first saw the hospital. I'm used to a hospital that look more like a hotel than hospital. I did lowered my expectation, but the reality really shocked me. But at that time there was nothing I could do because I already paid everything beforehand in cash.

Don't fret, though. The hospital was very clean and the nurses were all very helpful and nice. Although, many of them couldn't speak English. But, from my experience the hospital/surgeon would assigned some English speaking nurses for you.

Hope that helps and good luck!!

---------------------------------------------