Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 7:52 pm

excepchanel wrote:jus wondering has SIA finalised all the candidates for the 4th Dec batch since they have come up w a new recruitment drive..
I hope not since many of us here have not receive the call nor "letter".. :roll:
if you're rejected, the letter should come 1 - 2 weeks after your medical. the call will take longer if you availability is longer :) i only got my call on the 16th nov when i went for the interview on 1st oct

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 2:48 am

The recruitment is so fast, wonder why..... btw, how did u guys know they take in 200 peeps??

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 2:55 am

vasilysa wrote:
excepchanel wrote:jus wondering has SIA finalised all the candidates for the 4th Dec batch since they have come up w a new recruitment drive..
I hope not since many of us here have not receive the call nor "letter".. :roll:
if you're rejected, the letter should come 1 - 2 weeks after your medi will bcal. the call will take longer if you availability is longer :) i only got my call on the 16th nov when i went for the interview on 1st oct
1)Oh, so if there's no news within 2 weeks, most likely you are in??

2) Another qn, if you are rejected after the medical check up, do they usually tell you what's the reason??

3) Do they ask things like mensus cramps?? Will they reject us if we have mensus cramps?

Thanks if anyone knows the ans...

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 3:09 am

If your availability is in a month or so you would probably get your call in about 2 weeks I guess. 2 weeks is a gauge but I can't say for certain after 2 weeks you're safe.

No they don't tell you the reason and in the declaration form for medical checkup they do ask you whether you have menstrual cramps and whether they're mild or serious

kokopuffs

Post by kokopuffs » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 5:29 pm

vasilysa wrote:
if you're rejected, the letter should come 1 - 2 weeks after your medical. the call will take longer if you availability is longer :) i only got my call on the 16th nov when i went for the interview on 1st oct
hi vasilysa! i've backtracked this thread for a bit and i've noticed that you're availability date was like 6 months? so they'll contact you approx a month after the medical? i'm wondering cos my availability date is in a few months time, and i read somewhere that they'll contact you only ard a month before your available date. just a week odd of waiting and i'm alr so anxious lol :???:

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 9:32 pm

vasilysa wrote:If your availability is in a month or so you would probably get your call in about 2 weeks I guess. 2 weeks is a gauge but I can't say for certain after 2 weeks you're safe.

No they don't tell you the reason and in the declaration form for medical checkup they do ask you whether you have menstrual cramps and whether they're mild or serious
Thank you for your reply. :) what do they check during medical?

1) And btw, during the management stage, there's a part when you guys will be divided into two groups for debate rite. So u guys will discuss 1st and debate together issit??

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:32 pm

kokopuffs wrote:
vasilysa wrote:
hi vasilysa! i've backtracked this thread for a bit and i've noticed that you're availability date was like 6 months? so they'll contact you approx a month after the medical? i'm wondering cos my availability date is in a few months time, and i read somewhere that they'll contact you only ard a month before your available date. just a week odd of waiting and i'm alr so anxious lol :???:
hello haha. my availability was in 5 months when i went for the interview. hmm they contacted me about 6 -7 weeks after my medical. it all depends on your availability really. they will settle the people who can start earlier first.

which month can you start in? haha

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:34 pm

yoyobin wrote:
vasilysa wrote:If your availability is in a month or so you would probably get your call in about 2 weeks I guess. 2 weeks is a gauge but I can't say for certain after 2 weeks you're safe.

1) And btw, during the management stage, there's a part when you guys will be divided into two groups for debate rite. So u guys will discuss 1st and debate together issit??
they check urine test, back bone test, lumps in breast, blood pressure, height and weight, ears and eyes, colour blindness and the doctor knocked my knees i've no idea what that was for. haha

yes they give you 5 minutes to discuss among your group members then they will say start

ahdick9

Post by ahdick9 » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:46 am

vasilysa wrote:
yoyobin wrote:

they check urine test, back bone test, lumps in breast, blood pressure, height and weight, ears and eyes, colour blindness and the doctor knocked my knees i've no idea what that was for. haha

yes they give you 5 minutes to discuss among your group members then they will say start
Hi there, have everyone received their calls from Mary yet? I heard even those on 1 month notice have received their calls as well already. sigh, I guess its nothing left but letters for the rest?

gwyenth

Post by gwyenth » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:55 am

ahdick9 wrote:
vasilysa wrote:
yoyobin wrote: Thank you for your reply. :) what do they check during medical?

Hi there, have everyone received their calls from Mary yet? I heard even those on 1 month notice have received their calls as well already. sigh, I guess its nothing left but letters for the rest?
I have not receive my call though. My notice period is 1 week. I guess no news should be good news, as long as you don't receive the rejection letter, there's still hope. I know the wait is killing you, we feel the same too, so you aren't alone, alright. JIA YOU!!! :D :D :D

kylie_nicole

Post by kylie_nicole » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 1:21 am

gwyenth wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
I have not receive my call though. My notice period is 1 week. I guess no news should be good news, as long as you don't receive the rejection letter, there's still hope. I know the wait is killing you, we feel the same too, so you aren't alone, alright. JIA YOU!!! :D :D :D
It's monday, let's hope the call comes for us this week then it will be the perfect xmas gift!

gwyenth

Post by gwyenth » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 2:31 am

kylie_nicole wrote:
gwyenth wrote:
ahdick9 wrote:
It's monday, let's hope the call comes for us this week then it will be the perfect xmas gift!
Yes yes. The only time you wish weekends are shorter and office hours are longer. Good luck to you. :D :) :D

kokopuffs

Post by kokopuffs » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:30 pm

vasilysa wrote:
kokopuffs wrote:
vasilysa wrote: if you're rejected, the letter should come 1 - 2 weeks after your medical. the call will take longer if you availability is longer :) i only got my call on the 16th nov when i went for the interview on 1st oct
hello haha. my availability was in 5 months when i went for the interview. hmm they contacted me about 6 -7 weeks after my medical. it all depends on your availability really. they will settle the people who can start earlier first.

which month can you start in? haha
haha okay thank you :) i can only start in feb. T_T

candybear

Post by candybear » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 2:24 pm

Anyone here received the letter or the email regarding the signing of the bond? :) I wanna find out for the date of the bond signing, is it exactly 1 week before your training date or?

Silent10

Post by Silent10 » Mon, 19 Dec 2011 3:01 pm

Hello, may i know that sia got reach test when you didnt meet the height requirement on stage 2. Coz i like 156/157 only. Please advice. Thanks you.