Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 3:35 pm

facade wrote:got booted out during management round ystdy. Really sad cuz I guess the passing rate was quite high. Now I'll have to go through all stages again :(

Congrats to all who passed! :)
No worries, try again... I failed on skin check on 3rd dec.... I;m planning to try again. how many times u tried??

facade

Post by facade » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 4:30 pm

yoyobin wrote:
No worries, try again... I failed on skin check on 3rd dec.... I;m planning to try again. how many times u tried??
3rd time alrdy.. Wonder when will the next intake be.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 7:46 pm

Ohh, okok, was quite dissapointed when was booted out. This was my 1st attempt.

So, for the 1st and 2nd, you were booted out in which round?? I think it's really very competitive. Like have to go thru every stage successfullly. I find it quite a pity if pple are booted out in stage 5/6, it's like all your effort wasted etc... :( My friend was booted out at stage 3, it was very dissapointing for her too. But no matter what, don't give up :)

GeraldineT

Post by GeraldineT » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 8:16 pm

yoyobin wrote:Ohh, okok, was quite dissapointed when was booted out. This was my 1st attempt.

So, for the 1st and 2nd, you were booted out in which round?? I think it's really very competitive. Like have to go thru every stage successfullly. I find it quite a pity if pple are booted out in stage 5/6, it's like all your effort wasted etc... :( My friend was booted out at stage 3, it was very dissapointing for her too. But no matter what, don't give up :)
my first time i was booted at 1st round.
ytd i got booted out at management; got the same interview who got me in 1st round the last time. So I already knew my chance is low.
Anyway, I just got confirmation from tiger ^^

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 8:31 pm

GeraldineT wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Ohh, okok, was quite dissapointed when was booted out. This was my 1st attempt.

ytd i got booted out at management; got the same interview who got me in 1st round the last time. So I already knew my chance is low
okok, so how many times you tried for SIA?? Oh, u tried tiger too? Congrats!!! SIA really more strict than tiger??

facade

Post by facade » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 8:31 pm

so what abt the ban thing if we fail management round. Does it still apply?

Silent10

Post by Silent10 » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 8:55 pm

Vivien Z wrote:
Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote: nah i was really late, i was in 96. I didn't go through the kebaya test, my friend did. i'm a singapore PR they go by nationality... so i was chucked to another day again, waiting for their call when the chinese supervisor come to SG. really wonder why they do that. not that i have any contact in my home country anyway. left with kebaya test and medical check now
Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u??
Hope u can get through.
I'm china born, i heard that a few years back for taiwanese and japanese they only fly lines from their base countries, dunno whether it's the same for chinese, but also dunno whether it changed the policy. i'm gonna ask and tell you later on if i pass :)
Wow, u very lucky! Dont worry, just wait for the call for medical check up. May i know how old are u?? And how u answer the first round quest about cleaning toilet?? Didnt know that cc must clean toilet. Thanks :)

GeraldineT

Post by GeraldineT » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 9:23 pm

yoyobin wrote:
GeraldineT wrote:

ytd i got booted out at management; got the same interview who got me in 1st round the last time. So I already knew my chance is low
okok, so how many times you tried for SIA?? Oh, u tried tiger too? Congrats!!! SIA really more strict than tiger??
1 time last year in may
2nd time last 2 days ago.
Yup. Tiger interview was friendlier :D and not so nervous like SIA ;9

Silkair i tried 1 time too, but silkair seem more strict

Jobunny

Post by Jobunny » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 10:20 pm

Vivien Z wrote:
Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote: nah i was really late, i was in 96. I didn't go through the kebaya test, my friend did. i'm a singapore PR they go by nationality... so i was chucked to another day again, waiting for their call when the chinese supervisor come to SG. really wonder why they do that. not that i have any contact in my home country anyway. left with kebaya test and medical check now
Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u??
Hope u can get through.

Hi Vivian, I'm also china national...I've encountered the same situation as yours: I was shortlisted for the final round, but need to wait for the Chinese supervisor to interview me. I'm feeling confused and worried about the uncertainties in the final stage. I have no clue when they'll call me. I think we should update each other. All the best!! :)

I'm china born, i heard that a few years back for taiwanese and japanese they only fly lines from their base countries, dunno whether it's the same for chinese, but also dunno whether it changed the policy. i'm gonna ask and tell you later on if i pass :)

Paeyilin

Medical checkup

Post by Paeyilin » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 1:18 am

I need to go for a extra X-ray test for my spine.
I declared it in the form. I have mild curved spine. Paid 160 for it.

Will it be okie? Worried.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 7:36 am

Vivien Z wrote:
harajukugirl wrote:I remember when I was just like everyone else here, dying to get into SQ (okay almost, but not quite). Now it's just like a job, and to be honest alot of my friends (fellow cabin crew) are thinking about leaving.

If you have a degree, this job is just for fun. Stay any longer than the bond and you would be wasting your time here.

It looks glamorous and exciting, travelling all around the world, but after a while you realise that most people in the airline are very shallow, superficial.. they bring new meaning to the term "airheads".

So, ladies and gentlemen, especially those of you who have options, consider carefully before you join.

My 2 cents.
would really wanna ask, is it true that most stewardesses lose their virginity on duty? and what are the obstacles of being a stewardess. like what would you face that you really hate it so much and wanna quit, considering you have such high pay ($4000-$6000 i heard), and is it true that you also will have to spend a lot so you can't really save much? thanks so much in advance. really facing a big decision now...
That's the problem with the young crew now, too many just there to fly for fun and don't give a damn about their job. No commitment, no respect and no manners. Zero in their work and bad attitude. Report for work, take the pay and gives minimum onboard. That will explain why the ranking of cabin crew drops from #1 to #3.

You choose to keep or loss your virginity, no body can force you. Beside don't think many are still a virgin when they join. End of the day you are the one in control.

Again you choose how much you want to spend oversea. You can make do with S$500-700/mth on food when you are oversea. Shopping and sightseeing are additional spending which you are in full control of. Its you who choose how to spend your money and not the job that dictates your spending.

I am also very interested in what is the difficulty of being a crew that makes you want to quit a so call $5000- $6000 job (Not use to being around airhead etc...)

Want to promote? Yearly, around 10% of non ranking will get promoted to Leading. 3-4% of Leading to Chief and 2-3% of Chief to Supervisor.

Most people = Airhead.... It means out of about 7000 crew, there are more Airheads then the Smarthead? That will gives a minimum Airhead count at 3501 crew !!! That's a big statement that you are making. You must be a very smart girl, I am sure you can get a more challenging and highly paid job outside. Please move on once your bond finishes (If you are still under bond). You are wasting your time in a job that you have no passion in. Your country needs more smart people like you to contribute in-order to progress further. The Airline will degrade further with crew like you around.

punchmyface

Re: Medical checkup

Post by punchmyface » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:55 am

Paeyilin wrote:I need to go for a extra X-ray test for my spine.

Hey there when u went for ur medical? Monday or Tuesday? $160 is a lot !

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:13 am

Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:
Silent10 wrote: Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u??
Hope u can get through.
Wow, u very lucky! Dont worry, just wait for the call for medical check up. May i know how old are u?? And how u answer the first round quest about cleaning toilet?? Didnt know that cc must clean toilet. Thanks :)
i'm 23. you know i got a strong feeling that it's not the ans that matters the most but how you present it, you shouldn't talk very fast, you should be clear in your wordings, and when you stand you should be aware of how you look, be confident but not arrogant. do not repeat your answers and dun en en ah ah.

for me i answered "the toilet cleanness can tell a lot about our company's hygiene. if our toilet is clean then it will also show the passengers that our food, our seats are clean too. and also, in order to keep our company's image, we shall take the initiative to do what we can do, not only the toilet, but everywhere..." sth like that, you dun have to think a lot when others are talking, when you stand it'll naturally come, and when you talk your mind will automatically come the next point you wanna say, so dun worry about it. as long as your answer is logical then it should be ok, the more important thing is how you present it and how you talk. good luck. :)
Last edited by Vivien Z on Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:18 am

Jobunny wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:
Silent10 wrote: Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u??
Hope u can get through.

Hi Vivian, I'm also china national...I've encountered the same situation as yours: I was shortlisted for the final round, but need to wait for the Chinese supervisor to interview me. I'm feeling confused and worried about the uncertainties in the final stage. I have no clue when they'll call me. I think we should update each other. All the best!! :)

hey, ya we shall keep each other updated. i also haven't receive a call yet, i think they'll take a few days and send the other chinese from china's interview location. so we shall just wait, but heard from other nationalities that it won't be like an interview, just a few qns like why you joint SIA and if you break the bond you have to pay 30k and etc. fill up bank form, then medical within 3 days. that's all. at least it's what happened to the Thai girls and malaysians. :)

Vivien Z

Re: Medical checkup

Post by Vivien Z » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:20 am

Paeyilin wrote:I need to go for a extra X-ray test for my spine.

if your notice period is immediate then you'll be called up or emailed within one month and you'll know the result. i think it should be ok ba... good luck