Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
GeraldineT

Post by GeraldineT » Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:12 pm

vasilysa wrote:congratulations! and don't worry about it. previously my appointment was at 0845 and i finished everything by about 1 - 2 pm. including kebaya round and medical checkup briefing
so it's kebaya and game round?

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:50 pm

guys should be about the same timing. kebaya round only takes 10 - 20 minutes max. there's no game round.. tomorrow should be just management round and kebaya round for you

Silent10

Post by Silent10 » Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:56 pm

GeraldineT wrote:
vizard wrote:hi guys, anyone know tml rounds will be like how? how will it be like?will it be very long?

did u get into the final management too?
I have no idea and im so scared ;( mine is 8.30am,

Kind to share ur experience in each of the stage and what questions that the interviewer asked?? Thank you

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Sun, 04 Dec 2011 10:01 pm

Silent10 wrote:
GeraldineT wrote:
vizard wrote:hi guys, anyone know tml rounds will be like how? how will it be like?will it be very long?

did u get into the final management too?
I have no idea and im so scared ;( mine is 8.30am,

Kind to share ur experience in each of the stage and what questions that the interviewer asked?? Thank you
first day round 1:

10 in a group, 2 interviewers, 1 question (mine is why should the cabin crew clean the toilet to sparkling standard), so you intro then ans the qn, pass rate depend on groups, 2-8 passes out of 10, varies a lot.

height check

cert check

skin check

first day round 2:

1 to 1 interview, asked various questions, situational for me, then read a passage about 100 words, followed by some personal questions.

second day:

fill up a form, called in group of 6, 2 interviewers, 1 question for all (where is your fav place), then each take a diff passage, read about 100 words, after that they will give a debate question (young ppl nowadays do not have passion to serve, agree/disagree), so it's 3 against 3.

kebaya test

briefing

within 3 days go for medical check up.

and you are done :)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Sun, 04 Dec 2011 11:17 pm

Heyheys!!! Are you in grp 53 in round 1?? I got that toilet question too. But i was booted out during the skin check.

wow, lucky you. congrats.

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Sun, 04 Dec 2011 11:38 pm

yoyobin wrote:Heyheys!!! Are you in grp 53 in round 1?? I got that toilet question too. But i was booted out during the skin check.

nah i was really late, i was in 96. I didn't go through the kebaya test, my friend did. i'm a singapore PR they go by nationality... so i was chucked to another day again, waiting for their call when the chinese supervisor come to SG. really wonder why they do that. not that i have any contact in my home country anyway. left with kebaya test and medical check now

Silent10

Post by Silent10 » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:19 am

Vivien Z wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Heyheys!!! Are you in grp 53 in round 1?? I got that toilet question too. But i was booted out during the skin check.

nah i was really late, i was in 96. I didn't go through the kebaya test, my friend did. i'm a singapore PR they go by nationality... so i was chucked to another day again, waiting for their call when the chinese supervisor come to SG. really wonder why they do that. not that i have any contact in my home country anyway. left with kebaya test and medical check now
Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u?? Hope u can get through.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:33 am

Vivien Z wrote:

Alright!! gd luck, btw your 1st time??

harajukugirl
Regular
Regular

Post by harajukugirl » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 4:46 am

I remember when I was just like everyone else here, dying to get into SQ (okay almost, but not quite). Now it's just like a job, and to be honest alot of my friends (fellow cabin crew) are thinking about leaving.

If you have a degree, this job is just for fun. Stay any longer than the bond and you would be wasting your time here.

It looks glamorous and exciting, travelling all around the world, but after a while you realise that most people in the airline are very shallow, superficial.. they bring new meaning to the term "airheads".

So, ladies and gentlemen, especially those of you who have options, consider carefully before you join.

My 2 cents.

soccerist

Post by soccerist » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 6:12 am

And its harder to go from color to color.even without days of mc.=p

facade

Post by facade » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 8:57 am

got booted out during management round ystdy. Really sad cuz I guess the passing rate was quite high. Now I'll have to go through all stages again :(

Congrats to all who passed! :)

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 9:04 am

yoyobin wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:

Alright!! gd luck, btw your 1st time??
yep first time, good experience, if i dun get selected after all i can still go the next time, at least i'll know wat to expect, but i heard for us is just fill up forms then medical that's all, dunno where kebaya fits in, lol

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 9:07 am

Silent10 wrote:
Vivien Z wrote:

Im also singpore pr. I would like to try on the next interview as i waiting for my diploma cert. Thanks before hand for the information that u posted earlier, so u need to wait again until they call u? Which nationality are u?? Hope u can get through.
I'm china born, i heard that a few years back for taiwanese and japanese they only fly lines from their base countries, dunno whether it's the same for chinese, but also dunno whether it changed the policy. i'm gonna ask and tell you later on if i pass :)

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 9:13 am

harajukugirl wrote:I remember when I was just like everyone else here, dying to get into SQ (okay almost, but not quite). Now it's just like a job, and to be honest alot of my friends (fellow cabin crew) are thinking about leaving.

If you have a degree, this job is just for fun. Stay any longer than the bond and you would be wasting your time here.

It looks glamorous and exciting, travelling all around the world, but after a while you realise that most people in the airline are very shallow, superficial.. they bring new meaning to the term "airheads".

So, ladies and gentlemen, especially those of you who have options, consider carefully before you join.

My 2 cents.
would really wanna ask, is it true that most stewardesses lose their virginity on duty? and what are the obstacles of being a stewardess. like what would you face that you really hate it so much and wanna quit, considering you have such high pay ($4000-$6000 i heard), and is it true that you also will have to spend a lot so you can't really save much? thanks so much in advance. really facing a big decision now...

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 9:17 am

soccerist wrote:And its harder to go from color to color.even without days of mc.=p
i guess those red ones they are never married and gave birth?