Singapore Expats

Any reliable recruitment agency for foreigners

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sunrise_sunset

Any reliable recruitment agency for foreigners

Post by sunrise_sunset » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 8:00 pm

Hello everybody,
Im just graduated master degree in Aus and seeking a job here. Have to admit that it's extremely tough to find a job as a foreigner this time in Sing. I tried to go to recruit express Ltd for consultancy. They said they dont receive the app from foreigner anymore cos they couldnt apply the S-pass or EP bla bla.. Now I want to try some other agencies b4 go back to my country at the end of this year. Plz suggest me some good agenies b4 my bad ending happening :(
Tks in advance mates.
Last edited by sunrise_sunset on Tue, 29 Nov 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 8:09 pm

First of all, your spelling is typical of a lot of subcontient Masters degree holders. :roll:

Secondly, without relevant work experience, your degrees and 80 cents will just about get you a cuppa coffee (without dairy).

As for agencies, none are any good even if you have relevant experience and can spell.

Go home. Before you go broke.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 1:23 am

This company (Recruit Express Ltd.) seems to be better than most headhunters here - at least they took the time to look at your situation and give you advise.
It was the correct advise, you should listen!
(I apologize if the truth is not what you want to hear.)

sunrise_sunset

Post by sunrise_sunset » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 3:59 pm

beppi wrote:This company (Recruit Express Ltd.) seems to be better than most headhunters here - at least they took the time to look at your situation and give you advise.
It was the correct advise, you should listen!
(I apologize if the truth is not what you want to hear.)
Well, actually the guy of this com told me that they dont receive the application of foreigner anymore cos they coulnt apply S-pass n EP for foreigner so far. He told me that right after I asked him for consulting, so I guess that should be the new policy of this com.
@ Mr. Bloody Know-Everything SMS: Go to fcuk ur self with ur spell checking stuff.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 4:41 pm

See, Just what I was talking about. Still can't spell. It's "Your" not ur

Oh, your grammar sucks as well. It's "Go fcuk" not "Go to fcuk".

Didn't they teach you any better in Vietnam? Vietnamese girls talked like that back when I was there as well, in '66~'68, but they were hooch girls an not "masters" holders..... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 4:45 pm

You must have misunderstood the advise given, as it is never the headhunter who applies for the work pass.
And with your attitude, you'll have problems finding a job anywhere: SMS is HR Manager of a big company and you just removed your chances of getting hired there. How many other bridges did you already burn that way?
Last edited by beppi on Wed, 30 Nov 2011 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Any reliable recruitment agency for foreigners

Post by farlene » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 4:46 pm

hi ya,

here's what i suggest.
don't go via a recruitment agency.
go directly to the source.
you stand a better chance at getting a job that way and even if you don't you know where you stand. You also save recruitment fees....

it also depends on the industry that you intend to work in.
if the industry is doing well, you can get a job anywhere in Sg.
in any case, good luck job hunting.

sunrise_sunset wrote:Hello everybody,
Im just graduated master degree in Aus and seeking a job here. Have to admit that it's extremely tough to find a job as a foreigner this time in Sing. I tried to go to recruit express Ltd for consultancy. They said they dont receive the app from foreigner anymore cos they couldnt apply the S-pass or EP bla bla.. Now I want to try some other agencies b4 go back to my country at the end of this year. Plz suggest me some good agenies b4 my bad ending happening :(
Tks in advance mates.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 4:53 pm

Above poster is wrong:
- Work passes for fresh graduates are currently VERY rarely granted. MoM (who issues the passes) is not concerned with how you found the job (through headhunter or direct).
- There are no recruitment fees charged to the applicant. This is illegal in Singapore!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 5:22 pm

Unless it's a recruiter who isn't very above board and is taking kickbacks from an S pass holder who's actually working for less than the amount reported to the MOM. They all get caught eventually though.

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 6:10 pm

I apologise if I am wrong.

I thought I'd share my experience.

wouldn't it be easier to get the permit if you've secured a job since the company would be applying on your behalf?

Recruitment fees may be illegal but it happens on the "down-low"...

Oh well, what would I know...
Good luck job hunting!

beppi wrote:Above poster is wrong:
- Work passes for fresh graduates are currently VERY rarely granted. MoM (who issues the passes) is not concerned with how you found the job (through headhunter or direct).
- There are no recruitment fees charged to the applicant. This is illegal in Singapore!

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 6:21 pm

beppi wrote:Above poster is wrong:
Work passes are maybe rarely granted, however, they are granted. I know of 3 fresh grads recently been granted passes in Singapore!

Also, previous poster never alluded to the op having to pay fees, they are right though, fees will be paid by the company and I imagine they'd be happy to save some!

Also, OP, buck up your attitude mate, you'll never get a job being rude to complete strangers on a forum and your English does suck!
nutnut

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 8:06 pm

farlene wrote:I apologise if I am wrong.

I thought I'd share my experience.

wouldn't it be easier to get the permit if you've secured a job since the company would be applying on your behalf?

Recruitment fees may be illegal but it happens on the "down-low"...

Oh well, what would I know...
Good luck job hunting!
You got it in one! :wink: (never leave yourself open....)

The ONLY way to get a permit is through an employer, unless you have a documented history of earning in excess of 8K/mo before coming here, which MIGHT get you a PEP (the only work pass that isn't dependent on a Employer Sponsor)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 9:32 pm

sunrise_sunset wrote: @ Mr. Bloody Know-Everything SMS: Go to fcuk ur self with ur spell checking stuff.

Classic!
Some things demand preserving for posterity
:lol: :P

Nak, can we start a meme-thing 'Go to fcuk urself'? hehehe...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:30 pm

JR8 wrote:Nak, can we start a meme-thing 'Go to fcuk urself'? hehehe...
I ain't forcing a meme. :P
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:35 pm

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:Nak, can we start a meme-thing 'Go to fcuk urself'? hehehe...
I ain't forcing a meme. :P
Oh go to fcuk urself then!

:P :lol: