Singapore Expats

fixing my eyebrow

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
tenpaintedtoes

fixing my eyebrow

Post by tenpaintedtoes » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 9:20 pm

hey guys so i've never once done anything to my eyebrows before. Am planning to thread them soon but im just wondering if the length of the eyebrow wld still be there? Cause currently my eyebrow hair is quite long, okay its so long that it's very flat and they look like they join in a straight line. Haha hope that description was clear and i was just wondering if i should thread them? How am i suppose to make them shorter so that they dont join in a line. I actually tried to cut them before but i dont really dare to cut it till it isnt flat anymore cause there were some tiny holes (bald areas)... thanks! :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: fixing my eyebrow

Post by the lynx » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:01 pm

tenpaintedtoes wrote:hey guys so i've never once done anything to my eyebrows before. Am planning to thread them soon but im just wondering if the length of the eyebrow wld still be there? Cause currently my eyebrow hair is quite long, okay its so long that it's very flat and they look like they join in a straight line. Haha hope that description was clear and i was just wondering if i should thread them? How am i suppose to make them shorter so that they dont join in a line. I actually tried to cut them before but i dont really dare to cut it till it isnt flat anymore cause there were some tiny holes (bald areas)... thanks! :)
you mean you have unibrow?

tenpaintedtoes

Post by tenpaintedtoes » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:17 pm

the lynx wrote:
tenpaintedtoes wrote:hey guys so i've never once done anything to my eyebrows before. Am planning to thread them soon but im just wondering if the length of the eyebrow wld still be there? Cause currently my eyebrow hair is quite long, okay its so long that it's very flat and they look like they join in a straight line. Haha hope that description was clear and i was just wondering if i should thread them? How am i suppose to make them shorter so that they dont join in a line. I actually tried to cut them before but i dont really dare to cut it till it isnt flat anymore cause there were some tiny holes (bald areas)... thanks! :)
nooooo haha not unibrow, they are just long, if you really want me to describe i'll say it looks like those ah gong brows? Each hair is ard 1-1.3 cm long. The longest i ever plucked was 1.5 though

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:29 pm

tenpaintedtoes wrote:
the lynx wrote:
nooooo haha not unibrow, they are just long, if you really want me to describe i'll say it looks like those ah gong brows? Each hair is ard 1-1.3 cm long. The longest i ever plucked was 1.5 though
OH I get what do you mean already. Sorry.
You lucky fellow, I wish I have long brow hairs haha...

Anyway back to the topic, threading is actually good (I've done it before and I'm happier with the result). Another option is to go for regular eyebrow shaping using razor, tweezer and scissors.

nuff

Post by nuff » Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:57 am

My wife recently used a place beside Tampines mrt for threading and was quite happy with it. Sorry I don't remember the name, but it's a shop near the exit of the mrt beside the shop stalls (not in the shopping malls).

Or I did notice a few eyebrow places in Chinatown.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:25 am

There are plenty in Little India too. You can try the one in The Verge (there's only one anyway).

Usually the ones in Little India or Chinatown (and also other small beauty salons you may find in MRT stations or HDB areas) charge between SGD8 to SGD15. Browhaus in HV charges more expensively.

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:40 am

My wife did it in Little India, it cost her $4 and she was very happy. She looked a bit like a clown until the redness died down though :P It was during the market during Deepavali, so I imagine they are not there any longer.
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:02 pm

richie303 wrote:My wife did it in Little India, it cost her $4 and she was very happy. She looked a bit like a clown until the redness died down though :P It was during the market during Deepavali, so I imagine they are not there any longer.
Woah that's super cheap!

nuff

Post by nuff » Tue, 22 Nov 2011 5:55 pm

That is cheap, maybe special offer for the celebration. Think my missus paid 12.

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Miss Swan » Fri, 02 Dec 2011 11:41 am

I hope this reply didn't come in too late! Threading is not the best solution as it's an alternative solution to plucking. If your problem is long brow hair, then the best thing to do is to trim it with a pair of brow scissors. Threading removes your hair, it doens' tmake your brow hair any shorter.

Hope this helps!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Dec 2011 1:06 pm

Miss Swan wrote:I hope this reply didn't come in too late! Threading is not the best solution as it's an alternative solution to plucking. If your problem is long brow hair, then the best thing to do is to trim it with a pair of brow scissors. Threading removes your hair, it doens' tmake your brow hair any shorter.

Hope this helps!
Sure it does! If you remove it, then it's as short as you can make it!
:cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers