Singapore Expats

Chances for PEP Approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dippies

Chances for PEP Approval

Post by dippies » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:17 am

Hi,

I am from India. Staying in Singapore since August 2009 - a little over 2 years now. I am working with a company on EP - P2 pass.

Salary: S$6900 per month

Applied for PEP recently.

I am married but came to Singapore alone. My wife never visited Singapore. My parents did but went back in 15 days time frame.

What is the chance of approval?

Regards

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Chances for PEP Approval

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:42 am

dippies wrote:Hi,

I am from India. Staying in Singapore since August 2009 - a little over 2 years now. I am working with a company on EP - P2 pass.

Salary: S$6900 per month

Applied for PEP recently.

I am married but came to Singapore alone. My wife never visited Singapore. My parents did but went back in 15 days time frame.

What is the chance of approval?

Regards
As per my opinion, if you have been on P2 pass since August 2009 and over 2 years in SG, you would mostly get your PEP. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck !

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 6:58 am

I'll take a gamble the other direction. As the PEP is meant to be a stepping stone to PR, and you have only been here two years, in theory it should be yes, but due to your ethnic background, the gahmen may well make you wait a while longer if they grant it at all. Remember, it all a matter of internal priorities of which ICA & MOM keep the powers that be's cards close to the chest. At the moment, until they reduce the overall percentage of Indians with PR/Citizenship back to more manageable number, I'd not bet on it any time soon.

But again, you never know, you might have something that appeals and can override. So, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Married & Male child applying for PR as well? Good Chance.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dippies

Post by dippies » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks. Let me wait for the results. Keeping fingers crossed.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:18 am

dippies wrote:Thanks. Let me wait for the results. Keeping fingers crossed.
After you know the results, please update here, if possible. Good Luck

dippies

Post by dippies » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:12 am

Sure, will do so. Thanks.