Singapore Expats

Need to buy a lot of stuff.. where and when?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
mickey4finger

Need to buy a lot of stuff.. where and when?

Post by mickey4finger » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 9:21 am

hi.

i need to buy a lot of new stuff, from tv to kitchenwear, from cleaning material till ironboard..

What are the right places to do so? and i've heard that once every 3 months there's a big electronics sale? anybody knows when that one is coming again?

thanks

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 1:41 pm

Sitex is at Expo next weekend. This is the IT show you'll be talking about, it's fairly big and you get half decent deals and "Throw-in's" Mainly throw ins to be fair, they don't like reducig things too much here! ;)

Furniture... There is a furtniture mall on Nichol Highway, worth a pop, depends what you are after, there is always IKEA in Alexandra and also Tampines (right next to Giant and Courts)

Hope this helps.
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 1:46 pm

Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 1:50 pm

The smaller household stuff, you could always buy from neighborhood general stores (explore your neighborhood)...unless you want the high-end ones.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 3:28 pm

I reckon, if the OP has transport, going to Tampines would give him a one stop shop between IKEA, Giant & Courts all clustered together with a parking lot between. In fact, I doubt there's nothing you wouldn't be able to find between the three except maybe something branded from your home country (and even that might surprise you).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Need to buy a lot of stuff.. where and when?

Post by wannamove » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 3:45 pm

mickey4finger wrote:hi.

i need to buy a lot of new stuff, from tv to kitchenwear, from cleaning material till ironboard..

What are the right places to do so? and i've heard that once every 3 months there's a big electronics sale? anybody knows when that one is coming again?

thanks
We just moved to Singapore and we had a lot of stuff to buy. The places I braved were IKEA, Expo, Mustafa. I was able to get most of the stuff from these places. Well I could have got everything at Mustafa if I had the patience to hunt for it

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 7:08 pm

go to any big shopping mall and you can just about get everything for a home, even the kitchen sink :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 7:23 pm

Ikea for furniture, bedding etc
Mustafa for appliances

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:48 pm

Well if you are staying around Jurong and Clementi, you may wanna try IMM. It has everything from electrical appliance to furniture and office stuff. You can even throw in Daiso products in your trolley if you fancy Japanese nifty wares...

fiona77

Post by fiona77 » Sat, 25 Feb 2012 9:09 pm

yes. best denki on the 2nd floor of IMM

marco2002

Post by marco2002 » Wed, 11 Apr 2012 4:52 pm

fiona77 wrote:yes. best denki on the 2nd floor of IMM
Agree, IMM is a good place to buy stuffs and otherwise we also used mustafa and ikea