Singapore Expats

Singles - Are you bored of all your friends in relationship?

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
bentonfraser_4ever

Post by bentonfraser_4ever » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:28 pm

qatarbabe wrote:Hey benton.

I do know how you feel though I was only away from SG for about 3 years.

But rest assured that amongst the many odd balls, there are a few that do fall in the 21% category.

I was quite lucky to find a few, though I did meet with many many many oddballs along the way..

I am still out looking for new friends myself, seeing how ALL my old friends are married and rather preoccupied with their own couple friends .. Haha

Oh well, perhaps we should all meet up for coffee some day .. No need for alcohol and loud music if we're interesting enough.

Cheers! :)
LOL thanks for the sound affirmation. Many cubed, too! Yeah I'm all for coffee somewhere relaxed and quiet amidst all that madness. How bout Raffles Plc TCC after work one of these days? The beanbags are ridiculously laidback.

Although. "After work" for me is like, 10pm? 8-) Sometimes I see other haggard-looking people wandering around that grass square at Raffles Plc after dark and feel tempted to say hi and ask them about their day LOL.

newinsg
Regular
Regular

Re: Hi

Post by newinsg » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 4:54 pm

sunshinespore wrote:Hi there,

I am born and raise in Singapore. I have to say that it can be quite difficult to make new friends unless you are engage in some social activity. Why not, let's meet up for coffee or a relax Sunday brunch?

Carol
i like the idea of coffee or sunday brunch
drop me a mail at [email protected]
Nitin

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 5:38 pm

Hmm,

How about a Saturday Brunch ? I am assuming since we aren't crazy party animals, we should be awake on Saturday morning for brunch ? Haha !

Perhaps TCC ? The one that is next to the Thai Embassy in Orchard ? Or anyone have any other suggestions ? I am definitely open to try out new places. :)

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 5:43 pm

Had some time to spare and found this website of recommendations.. Wanna try ?

http://www.ladyironchef.com/2011/03/bes ... singapore/

Ah yes, am definitely truly singaporean here .. ;) .. always searching for new places for foooood ..

SGslinger
Chatter
Chatter

Post by SGslinger » Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:25 pm

I'm in for any Saturday brunch outing, or even Sunday. I've been to Marche twice in the last month, so I'm willing to try new places.

Was walking past Sque in Clark Quay and see they have an all you can eat Sunday lunch for 39++, with roasts etc. Was looking good.
Any time is a good time to draw.

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Wed, 09 Nov 2011 9:46 am

Well, I am ok for both Saturday or Sunday Brunch, so who's in ?

I was thinking Group Therapy Cafe * NEW *

One of the latest cafes to open in the trendy Duxton road, Group Therapy Cafe is a space that is tucked away on the 2nd storey of a reconstructed shophouse above Etna Italian restaurant. I fell in love as I stepped inside the cafe. The best thing is, it is not as crowded as not many people know about them yet. Definitely one of my new favourite cafes in Singapore.

49 Duxton Road Singapore
Tel +65 6222 2554

Poc4hontas
Regular
Regular

Post by Poc4hontas » Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:45 am

I am in for Sunday ?? I am working up to 1 pm on Saturday, unless you guys dont mind I join late

x

manish.asani

Hi

Post by manish.asani » Thu, 10 Nov 2011 2:46 am

For me, it only took 4 months before my group of 5 guys shrunk to a group of 1 person (pun intended) Made me think if I was THAT anti social or if my friends were too smart to get hitched before I did!

Whenever I lose my Single status in Singapore, I hope I do not become like that...

Alimor

Re: Singles - Are you bored of all your friends in relations

Post by Alimor » Sat, 12 Nov 2011 11:54 pm

York Man wrote:Hi, I've been here a few months, I'm a 35 year old English guy. All my friends are in relationships and quite frankly I need a good group of guys to go out with for some good nights out! I want to go clubbing, go out for ladies night on a Wednesday and meet some girls - but need some like minded guys to get out with...drop me a line if you want to go out...
I want to go clubbing too!! Have been here just for a few weeks and busy with this and that and no friends yet as such...
So far so good...

Alimor

Post by Alimor » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 4:51 am

ecureilx wrote:
AngelBabez wrote:HI all,

yeah... all my friends are attached. I m looking for new single friends to hang out during weekends.. PM me ;-)
how about tethered people ?? :D :D

just kidding ....

do you do any volunteering work ? you can meet some great people at those programs .. and feel happy doing it as well
Hi ecureilx,

It is probably a subject for another thread but do you have a bit more info about "those programs" you are referring to as sounds like you've got quite some experience and knowledge about it... Would be interesting to see if I could make any contribution to the society since it will have to put up with me for the next 2 years at least! :)

Many thanks!
So far so good...

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:14 pm

Somebody better start organising soon. We already have loads of people showing interest here :P

qatarbabe
Regular
Regular

Post by qatarbabe » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 7:52 am

Haha ..

I so agree. I did suggest brunch, but no response, so I assume no one was interested.:)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 8:38 am

the lynx wrote:Somebody better start organising soon. We already have loads of people showing interest here :P
There always is.*

@qatarbabe: just go ahead with it. Several people are bound to show up.

* talking from experience.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

newinsg
Regular
Regular

Re: Singles - Are you bored of all your friends in relations

Post by newinsg » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 4:12 pm

Alimor wrote:
York Man wrote:Hi, I've been here a few months, I'm a 35 year old English guy. All my friends are in relationships and quite frankly I need a good group of guys to go out with for some good nights out! I want to go clubbing, go out for ladies night on a Wednesday and meet some girls - but need some like minded guys to get out with...drop me a line if you want to go out...
I want to go clubbing too!! Have been here just for a few weeks and busy with this and that and no friends yet as such...
i wouldn't mind joiing u guys ,,,,, pm if u make any plans
drop me a mail at [email protected]
Nitin

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Nov 2011 4:49 pm

Alimor, see what I mean....... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers