Singapore Expats

Can the MOM compare the prevous resume rejected and d next?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
nnodayagur

Can the MOM compare the prevous resume rejected and d next?

Post by nnodayagur » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 9:18 am

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here... And badly need your advises.. My s-pass just got rejected. And I have just known this thru status check in MOM site in just less than 2 weeks.

my experience is only 1 year and 1 month in my resume submitted in my 1st employer who enrolled me in MOM that got rejected. Probably the reason because i don't have employment certificates yet that time. But they wrote there in my MOM application that i have a total work experience of 2 years and 5 months stating in the details my one year and 1 month work experience which does not coincides. Now, on my next application I added my Receptionist experience for 6 months contractual basis. So I now have a total of 1 year and 7months. I haven't included it in the previous resume because I lost my certificate of employment but now I already have it because I had my mom request it for me. Can the MOM compare the previous resume that I submitted and the updated resume that I made in my next employer if hired then enrolled for a pass?

and when is the best time to be requested for a pass? 'cause I have just known the result for one week. I was keyed in last week Tuesday. My employer did not even inform me that I was rejected. pls help. I need your replies. Thanks so much!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:41 am

You haven't indicated what your position/job was to be, but if you were a receptionist in the past, then based on that, you were probably rejected as you don't have a needed occupation that there aren't sufficient local/PR's available to fill. You were probably rejected due to the employer not being able to justify hiring a foreigner for a job any Singaporean can do. However, as you haven't given us your qualifications, I cannot speculate on that.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nnodayagur

Post by nnodayagur » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 3:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You haven't indicated what your position/job was to be, but if you were a receptionist in the past, then based on that, you were probably rejected as you don't have a needed occupation that there aren't sufficient local/PR's available to fill. You were probably rejected due to the employer not being able to justify hiring a foreigner for a job any Singaporean can do. However, as you haven't given us your qualifications, I cannot speculate on that.
Hi! Thanks for your reply. My position applied at first was Customer Service Officer. And my background is sales for one year and writer cum administrative assistant for one month. But I supposed to add on my next application for resume my receptionist experience for 6 months already because I already have the certificate of employment. Can that be applicable?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 4:14 pm

What is a Certificate of Employment?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 5:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What is a Certificate of Employment?
A stab in the dark, having perused some regional resumes, A letter that confirms you started work on x date, and is employed till date ..

Well, some countries want to make everything grand, so the said same letter is called "certificate of employment"

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 7:21 pm

What he said.

For example, in my old company back home, this needs to be signed by the senior HR executive manager vice-president grand duke of jerkface, is not allowed to deviate from the template and timely is not guaranteed (in spite and despite of legal requirements), if at all.

When I got heer, I'll just ask one from our friendly HR executive and she can put in any other information required by the requesting entity (e.g. banks or embassies).
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:26 pm

Well, if the above two posts are correct, then the answer to the OP's lastest question is it doesn't make a tinkers dam as it's not going to be approved anyway. That certificate will only be seen by the HR executive, MOM could care less about it. You are competing for something that there are thousands of local who can do it. It's extremely doubtful that you would ever get it approved. However, having said that, I've seen 'em do some strange things since the GE that defies belief.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:14 am

nakatago wrote:What he said.

For example, in my old company back home, this needs to be signed by the senior HR executive manager vice-president grand duke of jerkface, is not allowed to deviate from the template and timely is not guaranteed (in spite and despite of legal requirements), if at all.
And you didn't get it notarised ?? bad boy ... :( :(

Should I tell them that you didnt follow the protocol ?? :D :D

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:19 am

ecureilx wrote:

I have a notarized copy already for 'international requirements.'

True story.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:35 am

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:

I have a notarized copy already for 'international requirements.'

True story.

SMS: See - I told you .. there are a lot of "PROTOCOLS" in other countries ..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:55 am

After 48 years of working all over the world, I've never needed one yet. So how? :???:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 12:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:After 48 years of working all over the world, I've never needed one yet. So how? :???:
Then in 48 years, you've never had to work for an entity where they have lots of tape and their favorite color is red.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 1:32 pm

No, but we used lots lots of "gray" tape. I think it's called Duct Tape. :wink: Will fix anything temporarily.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 2:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, but we used lots lots of "gray" tape. I think it's called Duct Tape. :wink: Will fix anything temporarily.
The Mythbusters used it to:

* build a sailboat
* stop a speeding car
* attach a car to a lamp post to prevent it from getting away
* stop bullets
* repair an airplane
* as a skin of a light frame airplane.

But even with its epic qualities, I doubt duct tape can help OP. Maybe LEGO bricks. You can build countless things with LEGO bricks as long as you have the right pieces and enough of them.

:wink:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 2:27 pm