Singapore Expats

PR application for a PhD from NTU

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Adnan Nasir

PR application for a PhD from NTU

Post by Adnan Nasir » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I have been in Singapore for 4 years and 7 months, 4 years as a PhD student in NTU and 7 months on job as a Research Engineer also in NTU. I am about to finish my PhD. I am married with 2 children, my first baby son was born in Singapore in 2009. My wife an MBA is with me for 3 years and 7 months, she is currently not working (on DP). I have only went back to my country for 10 days in all these years. I am considering to settle here in Singapore, it has been just 7 months that I am on EP Q pass.
I also have a close relative with family living in Singapore on EP. I would like to know whether this is a good time for me to apply for a PR? Can I apply for PR with only 7 months to show on employment pass ?

I would appreciate your advice on my query.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:28 pm

Sure you can. :-|

But I wouldn't bet on you being successful until you have been here two years (working). But, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You might have a PhD in a niche field that they current need.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:44 pm

I would encourage you to apply for PR as a family.

Your plus points are you studied and work in NTU.

Your first child is a male

Your wife holds MBA

You are an ideal intelligent and highly sought after "my kind of FTs"

Lastly you are the flavour of the month which is you are a Muslim. The Gahmen needs to prop up the Malay/Muslim population
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!