Singapore Expats

Should i Divorce Pls read and give me advice

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:08 pm

As a friend helpfully pointed out regarding my divorce settlement, 'You could have had two Thai lovelies every single night of your marriage and it would have still cost you less than that!'.

It took a year or two for me to be able to laugh at the joke :)

Eibow
Regular
Regular

Post by Eibow » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 10:16 am

JR8 wrote:As a friend helpfully pointed out regarding my divorce settlement, 'You could have had two Thai lovelies every single night of your marriage and it would have still cost you less than that!'.

I'm still young to be thinking about all this, but none the less, I feel for you.

JR8, I think the best advice I got my entire time at University was from a professor who sat me down and told me "Marriage is the worst investment one can ever make. Expensive as hell, increasingly more expensive with time, and less than a 50% success rate." Well, thats depressing.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:51 am

Eibow wrote:
JR8 wrote:As a friend helpfully pointed out regarding my divorce settlement, 'You could have had two Thai lovelies every single night of your marriage and it would have still cost you less than that!'.

I'm still young to be thinking about all this, but none the less, I feel for you.

JR8, I think the best advice I got my entire time at University was from a professor who sat me down and told me "Marriage is the worst investment one can ever make. Expensive as hell, increasingly more expensive with time, and less than a 50% success rate." Well, thats depressing.
That's for domestic marriages. For East-West marriages entered into IN Asia, the success rate is somewhere around 2~3% only! :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 12:26 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm on my third marriage. My first & second lasted 7 years each.
It is said the 7th year is the most critical.
(said X9200 in his 7th year of marriage - so far so good, knock knock on wood)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:24 pm

Yeah, it's normally called the 7 year itch! Some people just have to scratch it!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sawat

Post by sawat » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:32 pm

Today is the first day I didn't answer her call. She call me every morning. Ask me have I started work have I eat blah blah. I regret asking her to call me everyday. It's like last year when she left me. It like a routine. After a few try's she SMS me ( I call u many time alrdy but u nt answer i have to go dont worry abt me u must take care of yourself.)

I send her this song. And there is no reply. Pls don't listen to the song if you are like me. You will feel worst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYGrQ0R1 ... ata_player

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 1:46 pm

sawat

Post by sawat » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:13 pm

poodlek wrote:Or how about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk_e31dnlE
Can't load. Don't know if it's it iPhone problem.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:19 pm

sawat wrote:Today is the first day I didn't answer her call. She call me every morning. Ask me have I started work have I eat blah blah. I regret asking her to call me everyday. It's like last year when she left me. It like a routine. After a few try's she SMS me ( I call u many time alrdy but u nt answer i have to go dont worry abt me u must take care of yourself.)

I send her this song. And there is no reply. Pls don't listen to the song if you are like me. You will feel worst

Been there done that!

Next time make an investment before signing your life away, this Thai did what many young women do around the world. How else to get financial help while studying, and a possible payout at the end of a marriage!

If you are quick enough, you should file your divorce for desertion now, adultery you cannot prove.

I deleted the rest as it's all been said before! Your learning process is just starting so take the advice of the older and wiser! :wink: The leopard never changes its spots!

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:22 pm

sawat wrote:
poodlek wrote:Or how about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVk_e31dnlE
Can't load. Don't know if it's it iPhone problem.
Could be a regional thing? or a flash thing... Google "Ben Folds-Song for the Dumped" it's a classic :-D

sawat

Post by sawat » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:32 pm

Yes I'm learning I was very sure to let go yesterday. But today when I woke up I miss her again. I call legal aid they told me I need wait for 1 more before I can file divorce. I don't if I could survie that long.

Expat_guy

Post by Expat_guy » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:38 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:The things a man will do for a little bit of p*ssy... amazing.
Great wars have been fought over that!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:42 pm

sawat wrote:Today is the first day I didn't answer her call. She call me every morning. Ask me have I started work have I eat blah blah. I regret asking her to call me everyday. It's like last year when she left me. It like a routine. After a few try's she SMS me ( I call u many time alrdy but u nt answer i have to go dont worry abt me u must take care of yourself.)

A harsh truth .. is .. maybe you never been in love and lost before .. I been there .. and I know .. "breaking up is hard to do .. "

Well, in the past 12 years since my love broke off, I been through the cycle so much that I may be called a stone-cold heart steven ..

it is a tough thing to let go .. and move on ..

my first one was really painful, and was doing almost everything you say, like insisting I communicate, and also calling me non-stop, all the way from US ... and more, sending emissories .

I met a learned and wise man, like the type JR8 and EiBow Speak of .. who said "either live with it or close it .. dont stand in the middle and pray for a good news, as the chance of good news is very rare, considering her past antics .. of appearing and disappearing and all form of stress followed by calls for reconciliation .. well, let me say ... again .. it was tough and hard

Net result, I have become wiser, in relations,

One way, as I said, to forget and move on, if you can afford, is to take a trip to Nepal and stay contact free for a month, and see what transpires .. you will learn the truth, and the truth will set you free ..

Enough said ..

PS: as to your showing her unfaithfulness/sending songs, it shows you are desperate to have her back, so I don't know any of the suggestions will even bite .. in your lovelorn mind .. The best friend is a friend who can slap you and wake you up and tell you to stand on your feet and accept life sucks, and crying and moaning will not fix a wrong girl .. get over it .. says me ..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:45 pm

Expat_guy wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:The things a man will do for a little bit of p*ssy... amazing.
Great wars have been fought over that!
then again, a wise man also said .. (pardon my language) ..

"Even if there is hot girl who you think nobody will get tired of, and I am sure there will be a man who will be tired of her .. too .. at some stage " :D :D

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 2:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, it's normally called the 7 year itch! Some people just have to scratch it!
What about those with more than 30 years marriage like me ?

Where can I scratch as I got nothing left to scratch ??
:P :lol: :lol:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!