Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 02 May 2005 12:03 pm

hehehe, so i was the only one suffering, how sad is that! :lol:

no plans for the coming weekend, we could go dancing if everybody is free. or, if anyone has a better suggestion please step forward and take the initiative.

i would also like to make it clear to all those who pmed me, there's no restriction, no discrimination, anybody and everybody is free to join us. although the post is about - Looking for indian friends, its open to all.

last weekend was only the 2nd time all of us met again. regulars, who check this post and showed interest, were invited. there were 8 of us and swelled to about 15 people later on. and no, not all were indian.

but u gotta keep checking this post for any future outings.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Mon, 02 May 2005 2:42 pm

hi guys,

It was a fantastic meet up, and i had great fun :D

Hope to see you guys again,

cheers

vidia
Regular
Regular

Post by vidia » Tue, 03 May 2005 1:43 pm

sapphire wrote: but u gotta keep checking this post for any future outings.
This is becoming the post to beat! I'm away the next two weekends so pls don't do bhangra/ Bolly night without me!

Here's an idea, maybe somewhere down the road - movie night at someone's place - potluck - we can watch a movie we all want to see, or a cheesy one and play a drinking game (call a word, eg 'pyaar' and every time someone in the movie uses it, you gotta take a drink!!)

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Sounds Great!

Post by Ind Babe » Tue, 03 May 2005 1:51 pm

Hi People...
This post surely rocks.....
Im really sorry havnt made it these last two times...but Vidia a potluck sounds great!! So does the drink game :) ..
Also how about a movie...I just saw Kaal this weekend, want to watch Mumbai express and The Interpreter (Nicole Kidman looks good!)...anybody game for a movie on friday or saturday nite, followed by drinks and chat, chat, chat??? :)
One life - live it!

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Tue, 03 May 2005 2:20 pm

Yeah...this post really is super !

Would also like to add my thanks to Sapphire for taking the initiative for our last Saturday meet ! Really had a rollicking time and it was great to meet other new faces !!!!

Ind Babe - how did you like Kaal? We got some feedback from Toxictanktops that it was "wierd" !!!! :roll: Is it worth seeing..?

Vidia....ur idea is cool ! I'm all for it ! Once you come back, let's take it forward !

So till, then, have a great week, people ! :D

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Kaal

Post by Ind Babe » Tue, 03 May 2005 3:12 pm

Weird....thats a good way to describe it! Personally, Id say Shahrukh and Karon Johar lost it somewhere :lol:
To be fair, its different, its an attempt to move away from the pack and it succeeds in that, but it moves in fits and starts and there are parts which the viewer will find a little difficult to digest :D The movie itself does not have any songs, but there's a song in the beginning and a song in the end (not part of the movie :roll: ), added just to sell music and to attract crowds to theatres, i guess (coz they are not confident of the movie by itself, maybe ???)
Vivek Oberoi and Ajay Devgan have good screen presence and I wud say have done a decent job, others are quite sad and lack-lustre.

Net, net, Id watch it coz its different!! :D
One life - live it!

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Tue, 03 May 2005 3:57 pm

hey vidia,

The "drink" game sounds good, but can we have the option of non-alcoholic drinks as well :lol:

I'm sure you don't want to see a druken *baby* :roll:

cheers

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 03 May 2005 4:40 pm

actually its fun to get a 'baby' smashed, so, sorry Mad, no way out for ya :wink:

anyone up for Ind babe's plan for this weekend? i would like to watch 'The Interpreter', if its still on till the weekend. or else we could just meet somewhere for a few jugs of beer.

and just coz vidia will be away, lets go for a bhangra nite :lol:
nah, just kidding, we'll wait for ya vidia.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Post by psychedelic » Tue, 03 May 2005 5:37 pm

"Dunken babies" & "baby smashed"..

Is the 'potluck' on right now...

Which movie are you guys watching.. :lol:

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Wed, 04 May 2005 10:01 am

What about "Kingdom of Heaven"? :P

toxictanktops

Post by toxictanktops » Wed, 04 May 2005 11:28 am

Hiya....

I've already watched the Interpreter, so if you guys don't mind, let's catch something else? "Kingdom of heaven" sounds good.. or how about "Millions"? It's got great reviews, and for fans of "Trainspotting", it's the same director, but a different genre all together...

Vidia, when will you be back? I'm pretty sure there'll some bhangra nite or the other during the Vesak day weekend :)

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Post by psychedelic » Wed, 04 May 2005 12:51 pm

'kingdom of heaven' Sounds good... & 'Millions' is a movie for kids of all ages.. even 30+ year olds.

Am game to watch either ..

Hw abt u sapphire/sabrina/vidia/indi.lens/ind babe.....?

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 04 May 2005 1:25 pm

Ah well, I 'll have to pass this time around....

:cry: am working this weekend unfortunately !

You guys have fun ! sigh !

Post by Guest » Wed, 04 May 2005 3:54 pm

i am an indian for a months visit in singapore
[email protected]

vidia
Regular
Regular

Post by vidia » Wed, 04 May 2005 4:20 pm

toxictanktops wrote: Vidia, when will you be back? I'm pretty sure there'll some bhangra nite or the other during the Vesak day weekend :)
I'm back 17th, so yes, what better way to celebrate the attaining of Enlightenment than bhangra!!

Sapphire - LOL!

Mad - seeing as you don't drink we'll have to dig your secrets out some other way - I did say pot-luck!! (J/K)