Singapore Expats

PEP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
pumpkin spice

PEP

Post by pumpkin spice » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 4:32 am

To all the moderators like SMS and others

I will not bore with questions that I can get answers readily on the forum. I did not find this so I would like ask

1) Is it true that the IPA letter is valid for 6 months?

2) If IPA letter expires and PEP is not collected, does it have negative effect on another PEP application

Thanks

PS

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PEP

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 9:25 am

pumpkin spice wrote:To all the moderators like SMS and others

I will not bore with questions that I can get answers readily on the forum. I did not find this so I would like ask

1) Is it true that the IPA letter is valid for 6 months?

2) If IPA letter expires and PEP is not collected, does it have negative effect on another PEP application

Thanks

PS
1. Yes

2. Maybe. Not sure if you can apply again.

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 9:56 am

Why wouldn't you collect your PEP? I don't get it?
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

pumpkin spice

PEP

Post by pumpkin spice » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:53 am

I would like to collect it but only near the end of the IPA expiration date. If it is valid for 6 months and not 3 months, it helps me to plan.

Where is the official MOM link that says IPA is valid 6 months from the date of issue?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 1:23 pm

It's pretty obvious what she's doing. If she can hold out without getting sacked from her present position, the first 6 months after issuance will be further away and the 5 year validity will be further down the road. if she can keep her job till just before the expiry of the IPA date, just gives her longer to source a new position.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic73998.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 2:21 pm

But can't they revoke it during the IPA? In which case it is pretty risky as she may lose it?
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 3:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's pretty obvious what she's doing. If she can hold out without getting sacked from her present position, the first 6 months after issuance will be further away and the 5 year validity will be further down the road. if she can keep her job till just before the expiry of the IPA date, just gives her longer to source a new position.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic73998.html
You remind me of Sherlock Holmes!!

I think the statement - 'where is the official MOM link that.......' confirmed everything I thought. That's a real tough one to find the answer for.

OP - You're lazy. Use the search function and stop expecting other people to do your laundry for you.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 5:53 pm

I haven't seen here come back yet to rebut my statement though.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pumpkin spice

PEP

Post by pumpkin spice » Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:13 am

Actually SMS. You are correct in your assessment. I would like to hold out as much as I can as once I apply and get it and I am cooked and cannot get another PEP. As you also know US is employment at will and you never know when you get kicked out. I prefer the EU laws but oh well.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

PS

pumpkin spice

PEP

Post by pumpkin spice » Sat, 05 Nov 2011 11:42 am

SMS:

Is it fair to say that there is racial discrimination when it comes to PEP to PR. Looks like Indians are ones that are the receiving end. Would you say a Chinese or Malay has better chance to convert PEP to PR, considering the govt is so concerned about ever changing demographics?

PS

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Nov 2011 2:07 pm

At the moment you are absolutely correct. :-|

But only Malaysian Chinese and to a lesser extent, Indonesian Chinese (not the flavour of the month that they used to be, not sure of the reason why though. PRC's on the other hand are right up there with those from the sub-continent as far as lesser chances.