Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Kolol Nimadus Husta

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Fri, 14 Oct 2011 2:39 pm

Hi .. The first training starts from 14th November 2011 ...

Congrats guys !!! Perhaps some people failed their medical thats why they call more people up to replace them ...

Congrats once again !!!

summersunset

Post by summersunset » Fri, 14 Oct 2011 3:47 pm

Kolol Nimadus Husta wrote:Hi .. The first training starts from 14th November 2011 ...

Congrats guys !!! Perhaps some people failed their medical thats why they call more people up to replace them ...

Congrats once again !!!
Kolol u received ur call already?!?!? :o

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Fri, 14 Oct 2011 6:19 pm

Hi ... My training in November already ...

Dun worry ... U guys can make it !

Medical should be ok for all!!!

Juz update in this forum ok ?

Regards

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:18 pm

i haven't received mine. >< hope it's due to my late availability. lol anw good luck to ramp! :)

mcc

QUESTIONS..FOR SIA CABIN CREW.

Post by mcc » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 9:49 pm

hey any SIA cabin crew here?

i have a few questions..

1. how much luggage do u all pack? what's the cabin baggage allowance for cabin crew? how do u all handle ur fragile items like cameras laptop etc? what if i'm a cabin crew and have a bag of cameras, lens, stuff (to do travel photography)? do cabin crew have lockers on the plane?

2. how is the SIA training like? can someone go into exact details please?

3. what brand of make up specifically the SIA stewardess use? what exact brand and colours? how do you guys deal with skin problems?

4. what is SIA cabin crew lifestyle like? details also please? pros and cons etc.

I just wanna know all these. let us know anonymously. pretty please!
thanks a lot!!!

Vivien Z

Post by Vivien Z » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 3:47 pm

I feel like going for the 3rd Dec interview but I've lost my A-Level cert. Anyone knows whether a current uni-student id is a proof for A-level result? Thanks so much
Last edited by Vivien Z on Tue, 18 Oct 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babyloo

Post by babyloo » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 4:33 pm

summersunset wrote:
iemuy wrote:
summersunset wrote: we might be in the same review group! haha... i'm waiting for the medical report too & the wait is killing me! >.<
Yea we might be! Because there's only 2 grps.. Lol. When is your training going to be if u pass your medical?
was your review on tues??? the lady told me it's on dec but my notice period is immediate... hehe... i hope they will call up soon! i'm going crazy from the wait! T_T
hello! i had my review on last tue also! I'm waiting for the medical results too. if I'm not wrong the lady told us that they will give us a call whether successful or not within 1 week. did she say something like that to you all too? cos today is exactly 1 week. and i getting very anxious. ;(

summersunset

Post by summersunset » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 6:33 pm

babyloo wrote: hello! i had my review on last tue also! I'm waiting for the medical results too. if I'm not wrong the lady told us that they will give us a call whether successful or not within 1 week. did she say something like that to you all too? cos today is exactly 1 week. and i getting very anxious. ;(
hi baby loo, most probably i saw you that day too! i thought i heard the wrong thing! i remembered her telling she will let us know within a week too! but i haven't receive any news from her either! >.< 2 other friends with me had not receive the call either! :cry:

babyloo

Post by babyloo » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 9:12 pm

summersunset wrote:
babyloo wrote: hello! i had my review on last tue also! I'm waiting for the medical results too. if I'm not wrong the lady told us that they will give us a call whether successful or not within 1 week. did she say something like that to you all too? cos today is exactly 1 week. and i getting very anxious. ;(
hi baby loo, most probably i saw you that day too! i thought i heard the wrong thing! i remembered her telling she will let us know within a week too! but i haven't receive any news from her either! >.< 2 other friends with me had not receive the call either! :cry:
Ya! I am the 930am batch! You?? I have 2 friends here that haven received calls too! But because I have friends that got though the management round that we didn't, received call 5 days after the medical report! So I even suspect sia forgot about us. Hahah! I hope they will call us by this week! And I heard they will sent a letter of rejection if we didn't make thought. I AM SO STRESS EVERYDAY!!!

babyloo

Post by babyloo » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 9:27 pm

Do you think those that are accepted by SIA recently have the possibilities to be working under Scoot airline(upcoming SIA cheaper airline that launches on April 2012) instead? We are going for SIA because of the attractive benefits and their high service standard. It will be very disapponting if after all the tough rounds and waiting, they appoint us to the cheaper airline.

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:28 am

Dun werry guys .. They will call you .. Perhaps you want to email mary ??
Once you have cleared your medical, they will send you all the terms & conditions through post. Your allowances & conditions will be stated as well... Not to worry allright .... :)

babyloo

Post by babyloo » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 1:16 pm

Kolol Nimadus Husta wrote:Dun werry guys .. They will call you .. Perhaps you want to email mary ??
Once you have cleared your medical, they will send you all the terms & conditions through post. Your allowances & conditions will be stated as well... Not to worry allright .... :)
Are you the same review batch as me? Who is Mary? I haven receive any email regarding about sia yet ;( how long they take to email you after the medical check up?

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 2:52 pm

babyloo wrote:
Kolol Nimadus Husta wrote:Dun werry guys .. They will call you .. Perhaps you want to email mary ??
Are you the same review batch as me? Who is Mary? I haven receive any email regarding about sia yet ;( how long they take to email you after the medical check up?
Nope ... Im in different batch ... Mary is the HR manager and she will contact you for the recruitment process. they will call usually ard 4 - 5 days after medical . Just wait for their call ok ? they are busy sorting out the stuff .... Dun werry too much ya ... :)

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:27 pm

Vivien Z wrote:I feel like going for the 3rd Dec interview but I've lost my A-Level cert. Anyone knows whether a current uni-student id is a proof for A-level result? Thanks so much
hey you need your cert for it, they need to verify. but perhaps you can bring your o lvl cert. they accept that too

babyloo

Post by babyloo » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:15 am

Kolol Nimadus Husta wrote:
babyloo wrote:
Nope ... Im in different batch ... Mary is the HR manager and she will contact you for the recruitment process. they will call usually ard 4 - 5 days after medical . Just wait for their call ok ? they are busy sorting out the stuff .... Dun werry too much ya ... :)
Hey lovely. Do you have Mary's email or contact number? My friend had recieved their call alr. And I haven yet received. ;( my medical was last tue. And it's more than 5 days of wait alr.