Singapore Expats

26/f looking for friends

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
michaela84

26/f looking for friends

Post by michaela84 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 5:33 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm 26/f and just relocated to Singapore for my partner's work.

I'm originally Scandinavian and my boyfriend is French and we moved here from London where we have both lived/worked the past few years.

I'm feeling a bit lonely now left to myself in the days and would love to make some new friends. I'm free anytime in the weekdays to hang out (but I'm hoping to eventually find work).

So, if there's anyone out there who's up for exploring Singapore with me, having lunch/coffee/drinks, swimming, get confused with me about how to find employment in this country, anything really, please let me know.

I would love to hear from you!!!

Michaela.

Verl

Post by Verl » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Michela,

Im 29/M from Aus, my girlfriend is 28 and we both moved out here 3 months ago. Our situations were reversed though, My g/f had the job and I was left on my own trying to find a job and fill the days with things to do. I basically ended up at the gym every day, as there is only so much to a small city you can explore on your own.

It took three months for me to find a job, don't give up, it does take a while and can be super frustrating. But now that I am employed I feel like I belong here.

If you and your b/f ever feel like having drinks, let us know, we are slowly building a group of friends here...admittedly its from people we already knew so its always nice to meet new people with new stories to tell

best of luck!

michaela84

Post by michaela84 » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Verl,

Thanks for your nice response.

We would really like to meet up with you two if you have some time to spare. My boyfriend is really busy at work sometimes, but he has the week off next week (24th-28th) and we're staying in Singapore, so one of those evenings would work for us, if you're up for it?

Let me know?

Michaela.

michaela84

Post by michaela84 » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks everyone who's sent me private messages to respond... I am new to this site and apparently you can't respond to private messages until you've posted more in the forums??

Lindsayvine, I'd love to meet up, please send me a private message with your email and I'll send you a response.

Thanks.

Verl

Post by Verl » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 9:51 am

Lindsy mate,

I've tried responding to you twice already but for some reason my emails are just stuck in the outbox...moderators...any help?

Micheala, yeah one of those nights sound good, i reckon we get lindsy and Nat involved and head to La pau sat for some cheap drinks and a bite to eat, keep things nice and relaxed.

Sarah (my g/f) is travelling back to Sydney 3 out of the next 5 weekends, so a Wednesday would suit us best, at about 8pm (earliest we can get there after work).

Let me know

V

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:06 am

Verl wrote:I've tried responding to you twice already but for some reason my emails are just stuck in the outbox...moderators...any help?
they stay there until the recipient opens (and reads) them.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

cooldaddy

Re: 26/f looking for friends

Post by cooldaddy » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:20 pm

michaela84 wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm 26/f and just relocated to Singapore for my partner's work.

I'm originally Scandinavian and my boyfriend is French and we moved here from London where we have both lived/worked the past few years.

I'm feeling a bit lonely now left to myself in the days and would love to make some new friends. I'm free anytime in the weekdays to hang out (but I'm hoping to eventually find work).

So, if there's anyone out there who's up for exploring Singapore with me, having lunch/coffee/drinks, swimming, get confused with me about how to find employment in this country, anything really, please let me know.

I would love to hear from you!!!

Michaela.
hi Michaela, welcome to Singapore.. My name is Willy .. i am a local guy if u dun mind i can hang out w u at times ... [email protected]

Verl

Post by Verl » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 2:15 pm

nakatago wrote:
Verl wrote:I've tried responding to you twice already but for some reason my emails are just stuck in the outbox...moderators...any help?
they stay there until the recipient opens (and reads) them.

Thanks mate!

michaela84

Post by michaela84 » Thu, 20 Oct 2011 7:02 pm

Hi Verl,

Sounds great, let's do Wednesday night, some drinks and food sounds good.

Are you going to be okay with 8pm for work or do we need to make it later? We're staying in Novena, wherabouts are you two working? So we can figure out a place to meet?

M

Verl

Post by Verl » Fri, 21 Oct 2011 2:17 pm

Ah ok, we live on river valley rd, about 1km from orchard MRT...I unfortunately work all the way out in Jurong at the international business park, Saz works on beach rd near bugis junction. So we could do something in orchard, but its usually a little more touristy...Lau Pa sat is also close for saz after work. What about you guys? any thoughts?

michaela84

Post by michaela84 » Sun, 23 Oct 2011 9:28 pm

Hi,

River Valley Rd is quite close to us. I remember we looked at a flat there as well :)

Should we do Wednesday, I've just heard this weekend, however, that it's a public holiday, Deepavali. Are you ok to stick with that day or would you like to change it to another day after work? We're easy, any day works really, so you choose.

I'll be honest, we haven't had the chance to get out much in this area yet, so I'm a little clueless about places to go. We've somhow ended up in restaurants further away from where we live. If you know of a nice area/place somewhere close to where you are (which is not far from us anyway), where we can have something to eat and drink, I'm happy to go with your recommendation.

Let me know.

Michaela.

jkvz2011
Regular
Regular

hi..

Post by jkvz2011 » Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:42 pm

Hi there,was just browsing through this forum thread.. I'm looking for more overseas friends to expand my social circle... Was wondering if you do not mind making friends with a Singaporean... Looking forward to hear from you... :D

sendtorohit

hi

Post by sendtorohit » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 3:04 pm

Count me in... reach me at sendtorohit@gmail. com

kwanwendy

Post by kwanwendy » Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:34 pm

Dear all, tonight at Avalon anyone wanna go??

Do drop me an email for those who are keen.

[email protected]

http://avalon.sg/site/?wp_events_manager=mutaytor

Time

Tomorrow at 10:00pm - Thursday at 3:00am

Avalon
Crystal Pavilion, Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue, B2-05
Singapore, Singapore

More Info
*Deepavali Special

Wed, 26 Oct 2011

Catch The Mutaytor at Avalon for a 1-night only special club performance!

For a decade now, The Mutaytor has traveled the country with one of the most bombastic and unique visceral experiences in modern entertainment.

Combining a modern analog and electronic dance orchestra complete with multiple percussionists and physical performance artists, The Mutaytor creates a rapid fire succession of futuristic vaudevillian theatre and choreographed dance acts, coupled with breathtaking feats of aerial performance and unique reinterpretations of the circus arts.

-------------------------------------------------------

General Admission - $15

Doors open 10pm

Deepavli privilege:
Ladies enter free before midnight