Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon, 02 May 2005 7:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:actually i was thinking what didnt anyone say or do anything about their height measuring machine since it's actually so screwed???

did they do it purposely or they didnt know that their machine is screwed??
precisely... that's my question...

didn't anyone not notify the people measuring your heights? if you guys are taller than what they stated down, how come didn't correct them? or ask them to take your heights again?

if you are 158cm in height and they stated down as something lower, isn't it our right to correct them? cause we qualify their pre-requisites right? as 158cm in height?

if they wanted taller people, why not advertise as 165cm or 170cm? why waste people's time and efforts espcially when in the end, they are going to reject them anyway?

such a contradiction!

confused,
keisha

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Mon, 02 May 2005 7:19 pm

guys,

to be on the safer side, bring along any one of your medical certificates just in case, to testify your real heights, if you have to!

good tips huh? :)

if there's anything, you can email me at [email protected]

if i could ever be of any good help! all the best!

keisha

orangie

Post by orangie » Mon, 02 May 2005 11:08 pm

anyone going for interview on 7/5 at 8.40am? wanna meet up?

Post by Guest » Mon, 02 May 2005 11:57 pm

hi gals,

how to pass the 1st round to make it thru to the 1-1 interview? and during the 1-1 interview, what kind of questions will they ask about?

Leto

Interview tips

Post by Leto » Tue, 03 May 2005 1:03 am

If you need more information on the interview , please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

You can add me on your MSN to chat.

summer85

Post by summer85 » Tue, 03 May 2005 1:14 am

how about those having their interview on 7th,just state ur username and ur timing!

1)summer85: 1040

orangie

Post by orangie » Tue, 03 May 2005 1:15 am

liquidrebecca wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi cup noodles,
are you goin for the interview?
juz wana get some advices from you...because am afraid that my height will be a problems....thx....

hi guest,
yah i am going for the interview on 7 may.Are you going too?What time is yours?

I don't know how to give advice,because im stuck in the same situation now too.Hahah.height factor.
Hi cup noodles,
so wat time is urs? are u Malaysian? mine will be 0840..........
may I know wat is ur height measurement?......
mayb we can meet up there?cheers.........
hey, i'm in the same timeslot as you.

Leto

Post by Leto » Tue, 03 May 2005 10:55 am

Those going for interview better add me and ask me for detail information, do not just believe what all the people write in this forum here ok!!

Be smart! People here all not Stewards, Stewardess yet!! They are not in the position to adivse you yet! Ask the correct people!

Bigdeal

Smart aleck?

Post by Bigdeal » Tue, 03 May 2005 11:03 am

Leto wrote:Those going for interview better add me and ask me for detail information, do not just believe what all the people write in this forum here ok!!

Be smart! People here all not Stewards, Stewardess yet!! They are not in the position to adivse you yet! Ask the correct people!
Sorry we can't be bothered with you, why should we seek your advice? So what if you are a steward/stewardess, big deal!!

You're so rude, I wonder is your behaviour like that on the plane? Yuck, what a big disgrace. :roll:

just me

Post by just me » Tue, 03 May 2005 11:05 am

Leto wrote:Those going for interview better add me and ask me for detail information, do not just believe what all the people write in this forum here ok!!

Hi Leto,

thanks for offering! Why dun u fill us with the recruitment details? For example, those topics being discussed in this forum, abt the height, how stringent the recruitment is, the culture of the crew etc...

By the way, how long have u been with SQ? Must have quite a rich experience to share with us here.....thanks! =)

picket

Post by picket » Tue, 03 May 2005 11:33 am

during the kebaya check they just try to make small talk with you like ask for your age and what is your current employment status. its just to see how you speak, your smile, teeth and stuff like that. its really about the presentation i guess. actually the kebaya check is the 1st test conducted on that day of interview. if you make it thru that round then you will go for the psychometric test on the computer then its the water confidence test. the lady also briefed us that if the tests on that day were passed, then have to return another day for the 3rd day of interview for the upper management interview and then those who passed that round will break up into small groups for a group interaction test. (no idea what that is... but i guess its to see if you work well in a group) then finally ... thats the end of the interview! erm... 7 rounds altogether. along the way eliminating more than half. if i were you girls gg for the interview i'd say a lil prayer 1st. you need more than luck. don''t be too dissapointed with the results! =)

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue, 03 May 2005 12:16 pm

picket wrote:during the kebaya check they just try to make small talk with you like ask for your age and what is your current employment status. its just to see how you speak, your smile, teeth and stuff like that. its really about the presentation i guess. actually the kebaya check is the 1st test conducted on that day of interview. if you make it thru that round then you will go for the psychometric test on the computer then its the water confidence test. the lady also briefed us that if the tests on that day were passed, then have to return another day for the 3rd day of interview for the upper management interview and then those who passed that round will break up into small groups for a group interaction test. (no idea what that is... but i guess its to see if you work well in a group) then finally ... thats the end of the interview! erm... 7 rounds altogether. along the way eliminating more than half. if i were you girls gg for the interview i'd say a lil prayer 1st. you need more than luck. don''t be too dissapointed with the results! =)
oh my god! what's with their so many rounds of interviews? this is so intimidating... are they recruiting air stewardesses or ambassadors for singapore?! beats me...

Post by Guest » Tue, 03 May 2005 12:27 pm

im afraid i cant even make it thr to the 1st round of group interview!

hale

Post by hale » Tue, 03 May 2005 5:12 pm

Is Malaysian Stewardesss based in KL or in Singapore?

tata

SIA Interview

Post by tata » Wed, 04 May 2005 1:45 am

Anyone here knows how many guys were eventually selected to join SIA as steward from the 24th April Interview batch ?