Singapore Expats

question about appy LTVP for holder of EPEC

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:49 am

JR8 wrote: But why not have a look at the e-LTVP process and see what is involved in applying. At some point they want your white arrivals/landing card from Changi.
+1

The same question keeps popping up, in different forms, and nobody wants to believe that you need a white card # to file LTVP .. until they have tried to do it .. and miserably failed ..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:58 am

Ah so that is that the reason.

A number of years ago you had to go and file your first LTVP application in person (incl your D/E card), and only then do subsequent annual renewals online.

Now they seem to have moved the initial application online too. Presumably a required field is the D/E card #?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:16 am

Yep.

Just checked it out for my best friend who is currently in Jakarata. He blew it, as his wife had Trips back in May an he knew he had to get their LTVP's but this contract came up and he's gone to Indo (Wife and kids accompanying as wife is Indo). Both are PR's but he waited too late to get the trips LTVP now they are in Indo and it's a 4 to 6 weeks processing time at the moment (I spoke with ICA last Thursday regarding this) and the DO have to input the DE Card number with the online Application in the first instance. So, unless you are here, you are squat out of luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:17 am

JR8 wrote:Ah so that is that the reason.

A number of years ago you had to go and file your first LTVP application in person (incl your D/E card), and only then do subsequent annual renewals online.

Now they seem to have moved the initial application online too. Presumably a required field is the D/E card #?
The DE Card # is a compulsory field, to proceed to the next page, and I didn't wanna risk it entering an old DE card ..

PS: I had wierd problems with the ICA site, on a page further down, with 'errors' on the IE bottom bar, and using any other browse too did no justice .. (like you see on some sites, completed with errors ..

I called / chased ICA, and finally I was told to enable "IE 8 Compatibility Mode" .. :( :( And then it did work, but .. by that time, the need to apply LTVP was gone ..

benny65

Post by benny65 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:56 am

well, we can apply LTVP online through this ws http://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/eltsvp/main.do . They dont request any DE card or White card or wtver card that I havent heard before when I go through 4 of 5 steps (stoped at payment step). May be they request the wtv card at step 5. Anw, now I'm pretty sure that I have to landed to Sing before able to apply this paper :|

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:30 pm

benny65, it's possible you are correct, but I cannot verify it. However, if you applying for an LTVP for a minor child and you are a PR or Citizen you have to enter the DE number on the first page. In fact, a grey screen pops up covering the whole screen with a white bulletin notifying you that you need a DE number to proceed.

When trying same but ticking the EPEC radio button, I don't get that, so it's possible that it won't be needed, especially if you managed to get all the way to page four. I guess different criteria for different reasons. Go for it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

benny65

Post by benny65 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 4:36 am

Tks SMS, I've just found this topic also talk abt apply LTVP b4 arrive Sing : http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic82360.html

I'm totally confused after reading the last post. The guy created that topic was in the same situation like me, and ecureilx stated in the last post that we need white card to apply LTVP! May be they changed the policy after 2010 and may be they need us to provide the White card at step 5 :|

Ryan_
Regular
Regular

Post by Ryan_ » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 6:23 am

If you applied your EPEC online MOM should sent you the In Principle Approval via email. Next step is to apply for LTVP at the ICA website saying that you have an approved EPEC use the EPEC certificate number. That's it!
Lies, Damn Lies and Speed ratings.

benny65

Post by benny65 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 7:42 am

Ryan_ wrote:If you applied your EPEC online MOM should sent you the In Principle Approval via email. Next step is to apply for LTVP at the ICA website saying that you have an approved EPEC use the EPEC certificate number. That's it!
Tks, you mean they dont request white card to apply LTVP online when you possess EPEC ? Did you try it b4? No offence, just trying to figure out.

Ryan_
Regular
Regular

Post by Ryan_ » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 9:59 am

Yes I'm on EPEC before coming over. The white card you maybe referring is the disembakation card. That is required if you enter in Singapare before your EPEC application. When you pick up your LTVP at the ICA you need to surrender that. Hope this helps.
Lies, Damn Lies and Speed ratings.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:07 am

Ryan_ wrote:Yes I'm on EPEC before coming over. The white card you maybe referring is the disembakation card. That is required if you enter in Singapare before your EPEC application. When you pick up your LTVP at the ICA you need to surrender that. Hope this helps.
That wasn't the question.

The question was did you need your D/E card # to apply for your LTVP online?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:11 am

JR8 wrote:
Ryan_ wrote:Yes I'm on EPEC before coming over. The white card you maybe referring is the disembakation card. That is required if you enter in Singapare before your EPEC application. When you pick up your LTVP at the ICA you need to surrender that. Hope this helps.
That wasn't the question.

The question was did you need your D/E card # to apply for your LTVP online?
Thanks to SMS and others, I noticed that, upon going to the LTVP site, there is an option for "LTVP for EPEC Holders" and just out of curiosity, when I clicked, it didn't prompt for DE card, unlike the LTVP for spouse and all ..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:33 am

Ok, that's progress. So it seems that you can apply from abroad (i.e without a D/E card).

It leaves one wondering why then, as the earlier poster mentioned, you are guided to only apply for the LTVP after arriving in SG.

vnpan

Post by vnpan » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:14 am

Hi,

You do NOT need a disembakation card to apply EPEC, but you DO need it to apply a LTVP upon approval of your EPEC. Pls check the link below:

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=172

Pls note that "This page serves as a guide to Visitors who are holders of foreign-issued educational certificate seeking employment in Singapore on procedures relating to application of a one-year (non-renewable) Visit Pass."

Hope it helps.
To Be or Not To Be

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 5:49 pm

From Vnpan's linked page (the EPEC based LTVP application at ICA)

=========
Documents Required
Duly completed Form 14* signed by the applicant
Applicant's highest educational certificate (original and photocopy)
Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars page must be submitted to ICA
Applicant’s Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card endorsed with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14) which meets the following requirements:
=========

Soooooo, back at square one again!