Singapore Expats

ENTREPASS and EPonline Checking...

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:51 pm

ukdesigner wrote:If I'm not mistaken your AIP is for a period of 6 months, they normally are anyway. Read the letter. There's no need to get an extension as I don't believe you get an extension, you have to apply again if you can't set up your business within that 6 month period. A business can be incorporated in a day.

The only thing you might need to increase the length of is you visitors pass if that is close to expiring. You can do that online but if you're refused then a trip down to ICA would be in order. Take your AIP with you and then you should be fine.

I have found MOM to be exceedingly efficient both in responses to emails (within 3 days) and phone calls back.
6 months? My AIP letter says only 1 month. Anyways, I just received an email from MOM that granted me a 1 month extension for the AIP letter validity starting from yesterday so I can incorporate my company name, and show prove of S$50,000 in a Singapore company bank account that I have to open. How did you get 6 months validity for your AIP letter?

If I want to extend my Short Term Visit Pass, do I go to MOM or ICA with my AIP letter? Rather confused right now.

So now that I have a valid EntrePass AIP letter, what is usually the first step? Let me guess:

1. Go to ACRA and incorporate company as Private Limited
2. Use the business profile generated from ACRA to set up a company bank account in Singapore.
3. Transfer at least S$50,000 to the newly opened company bank account.
4. Send ACRA business profile and bank statement to MOM.
5. Wait at least 2 weeks. If approved, you'll get the EntrePass

Is that the procedure after getting a valid AIP letter? Please, anyone correct me if I am wrong. This is my first time applying for EntrePass in Singapore.

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ukdesigner » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 3:10 pm

6 months used to be the norm. Even my AIP renewal letter is for 3 months.
You need to go to ICA's website and do the extend thing http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... &secid=178

Everything else I think you listed was correct and in the correct order although I'm not sure YOU can register a company as you probably don't have a singpass, in which case you need an external government approved company to do it for you. DP Bureau I believe are one of them. I used them myself and found them pretty quick.

Also, you wouldn't go to ACRA, you'd go to Bizfile http://www.bizfile.com.sg/

ACRA will be automatically notified. You don't need to speak or contact them until you pay tax. Business registration etc etc is all handled through Bizfile.
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 4:26 pm

ukdesigner wrote:6 months used to be the norm. Even my AIP renewal letter is for 3 months.
You need to go to ICA's website and do the extend thing http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... &secid=178

Everything else I think you listed was correct and in the correct order although I'm not sure YOU can register a company as you probably don't have a singpass, in which case you need an external government approved company to do it for you. DP Bureau I believe are one of them. I used them myself and found them pretty quick.

Also, you wouldn't go to ACRA, you'd go to Bizfile http://www.bizfile.com.sg/

ACRA will be automatically notified. You don't need to speak or contact them until you pay tax. Business registration etc etc is all handled through Bizfile.
3 months? If that's the case, I would be quite curious to see your AIP letter. Anyhow, I do have a SingPass since I have been working in Singapore under EP for many years, so I believe I should be able to register a company on my own. Of course, please correct me if I am wrong.

I am just wondering, should I open a company bank account first or register first?

Which bank in Singapore offers the best value for businesses?

Any experience to share is highly appreciated.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 4:53 pm

generalsu wrote: I am just wondering, should I open a company bank account first or register first?
Banks don't open corporate accounts without ROC .. or did the rules change ?

Oh, don't forget the company "chop" :)

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 5:20 pm

ecureilx wrote:
generalsu wrote: I am just wondering, should I open a company bank account first or register first?
Banks don't open corporate accounts without ROC .. or did the rules change ?

Oh, don't forget the company "chop" :)
What is ROC? How do I get ROC?

Can you recommend some shops in Singapore that does corporate logo "chop"?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 5:55 pm

FAIL

Nak, where's your Face Plant drawing!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 6:09 pm

So I went to the www.bizfile.gov.sg website to register my company in PRIVATE LIMITED. I filled out form as factual and clear as I possibly can, and in the end, I only have to pay $15 for the registration fee. I remember someone in this forum said to register a PTE LTD company, one must pay over $350. Am I missing something or is there another approval step for me to pay $350?

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:04 pm

So I found out that there is a two step process at ACRA after receiving your AIP EntrePass letter.

The first step is registration of your new company which cost $15 and is painlessly easy at www.bizfile.gov.sg. You'll need SingPass for this.

The second step is the actual incorporation of your new company and costs $300. This is where you determine how many shares and price per share and whether some shares are ordinary or preferred. Of course, paid up capital must be equal to $50,000 or greater.

Now, I am at the AIP stage, do I have to incorporate my company before receiving the green card EntrePass from MOM, or can I wait until I have the official green card EntrePass and then pay the $300 to incorporate as Private Limited?

Help is appreciated.

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:FAIL

Nak, where's your Face Plant drawing!
I am clueless here.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:05 pm

#-o ](*,) [-o<
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 1:06 am

generalsu wrote:So I found out that there is a two step process at ACRA after receiving your AIP EntrePass letter.

The first step is registration of your new company which cost $15 and is painlessly easy at www.bizfile.gov.sg. You'll need SingPass for this.

The second step is the actual incorporation of your new company and costs $300. This is where you determine how many shares and price per share and whether some shares are ordinary or preferred. Of course, paid up capital must be equal to $50,000 or greater.

Now, I am at the AIP stage, do I have to incorporate my company before receiving the green card EntrePass from MOM, or can I wait until I have the official green card EntrePass and then pay the $300 to incorporate as Private Limited?

Help is appreciated.
Anyone help?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 2:50 am

generalsu wrote:
generalsu wrote:So I found out that there is a two step process at ACRA after receiving your AIP EntrePass letter.

Help is appreciated.
Anyone help?
Are you the chap that can speak "Good American English" and find that you are not in the wrong but ICA officers were during your previous skirmishes while entering SG ?
Why don't you navigate yourself with your GOOD AMERICAN ENGLISH to solve the issue on hand? Do you still wanting help ? HELP HELP !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 6:44 am

generalsu wrote: You're such an asshole, why don't you go and kiss your sweet ICA officers and worship them! You've got no life in Singapore. Go back home, fool!
Profanity is not allowed here. Just wait for tic....toc....tic....toc....
Getting spicy are we? help help
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 7:20 am

generalsu,

One more outburst like that and you are history.

Capice?

generalsu
Regular
Regular

Post by generalsu » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:47 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:generalsu,

One more outburst like that and you are history.

Capice?

How am I being rude, sundaymonrningstaple, when Mad Scientist is the one who provoked all this? And Mad Scientist, yeah we are getting real spicy...