Singapore Expats

ICA request a Written Reply on PR application for hubsband

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
babytomato

ICA request a Written Reply on PR application for hubsband

Post by babytomato » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 7:14 pm

I applied for PR 5 months ago and received a letter from the ICA asking for:

"A written reply on whether your hubsband is applying for permanent resident together. If no, please state the reason."

My hubsband and i are Malaysian chinese. I have been working here from 2008 till now under EP. I have a degree and annual income is about $40K. My Hubsband is a work permit holder and only works here about 1 year plus, O level, recently he has been promoted to training manager, annual income is about $30K. We married only about 8 months.

I am thinking to apply PR for him as well but i am not sure if his work pass is qualify for PR application? :( this is also the reason why i dare not to include him in my PR application for the first time ><

Actually, we are planing to settle down in singapore and start a family here..if he can apply PR with me will be nice...can anyone give us some advise?

Many thanks!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 7:34 pm

You have two choices....

Answer it and put him on the application

or

Don't answer it, or don't put him on the application (sure to lose).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: ICA request a Written Reply on PR application for hubsba

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 8:13 pm

babytomato wrote:I applied for PR 5 months ago and received a letter from the ICA asking for:

"A written reply on whether your hubsband is applying for permanent resident together. If no, please state the reason."

My hubsband and i are Malaysian chinese. I have been working here from 2008 till now under EP. I have a degree and annual income is about $40K. My Hubsband is a work permit holder and only works here about 1 year plus, O level, recently he has been promoted to training manager, annual income is about $30K. We married only about 8 months.

I am thinking to apply PR for him as well but i am not sure if his work pass is qualify for PR application? :( this is also the reason why i dare not to include him in my PR application for the first time ><

Actually, we are planing to settle down in singapore and start a family here..if he can apply PR with me will be nice...can anyone give us some advise?

Many thanks!!
Since they have reached to you and asked for the clarification, when you include him in the application you would have a decent chance. Good luck !

BT_M

Post by BT_M » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have two choices....

or

Not really.
As Malaysian Chinese, you stand one of the highest chances to get PR approval.
If apply together, almost certain to be successful.
If dont apply together with valid reason, then later once ready can apply by family ties.
I dont think it' sure to lose.

Myself as malaysian chinese, PR approval within a month previously.
Then citizenship approval within 3 months during this year..

No need to worry... for malaysian

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 11:01 pm

babytomato wrote:I applied for PR 5 months ago and received a letter from the ICA asking for:

Many thanks!!
Apply as a family you stand a better chance of approval, don't worry that hubby doesn't have a degree, they have approached you for an answer so include your hubby for a better chance! Doesn't matter if rejected becuase you may noot have been married long enough, the process will take around 6 months anyway, just flow with the system as a family unit. Both Chinese stand a better chance too!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 11:17 pm

Pete & Repete? :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

babytomato

Post by babytomato » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 11:22 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have two choices....

or

Hi, there is no way for me not to answer.. The ICA stated that ‘A letter of explaination is required if you are unable to produce the required documents' =/

babytomato

Post by babytomato » Sun, 09 Oct 2011 11:24 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Many thanks!!
Since they have reached to you and asked for the clarification, when you include him in the application you would have a decent chance. Good luck !
Is it so? thanks for the comment.Now it seems to me that I have higher confidence ^^ Thank you

babytomato

Post by babytomato » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:38 am

ksl wrote:

Many thanks!!
Apply as a family you stand a better chance of approval, don't worry that hubby doesn't have a degree, they have approached you for an answer so include your hubby for a better chance! Doesn't matter if rejected becuase you may noot have been married long enough, the process will take around 6 months anyway, just flow with the system as a family unit. Both Chinese stand a better chance too!
We had a daughter who is 4mths old. Should I include her in PR scheme as well?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 2:15 am

babytomato wrote:
ksl wrote:

Many thanks!!
yes also the daughter!

babytomato

Post by babytomato » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 9:08 am

ksl wrote:
babytomato wrote:
ksl wrote: Apply as a family you stand a better chance of approval, don't worry that hubby doesn't have a degree, they have approached you for an answer so include your hubby for a better chance! Doesn't matter if rejected becuase you may noot have been married long enough, the process will take around 6 months anyway, just flow with the system as a family unit. Both Chinese stand a better chance too!
yes also the daughter!

ICA doesn't know that we had a daughter in just a few months back. Now do we have to report it?Many thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 9:47 am

babytomato wrote:
ksl wrote:
babytomato wrote: We had a daughter who is 4mths old. Should I include her in PR scheme as well?
yes also the daughter!

ICA doesn't know that we had a daughter in just a few months back. Now do we have to report it?Many thanks
Any changes in your status while the application is in progress must be updated to ICA