Singapore Expats

Drinking Water

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
terryh

Drinking Water

Post by terryh » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 7:45 pm

Has anyone installed a water filtration system at home for drinking?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 8:19 pm

You're being watched.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 6:51 am

Why? Where is he posting from - Ethiopia?!

cerealkiller19

Post by cerealkiller19 » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 4:52 pm

yup i jus got a new one recently....

whwong1

US Branded Water Treatment System Recommended

Post by whwong1 » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 2:06 pm

Hi

I am using one US Branded Water Treatment System for home use.
I like it very much!

Ryan
Last edited by whwong1 on Fri, 07 Oct 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 2:15 pm

Warning, whwong1

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 2:45 pm

Unless you are drinking water from a drain of unknown origin then there is nothing wrong with the tap water. I am sure there are no recorded deaths from water in Singapore?

They are all scams these water and air filter, ion emitters, crystal and Pyramids you place on your head. They just prey on the Singapore fear of dirt.

Funny just today I was sitting in the car and almost every bus that went past had some sort of Cleaning product, Carpety Steam cleaner, Hand Soap, laundry detergent and even Aircons that kill 99 percent of bacteria.

What a load of kack anyway have to go and wash my hands and use this new keyboard sponge that will kill 99 percent of the germs.

Montague

Post by Montague » Tue, 16 Oct 2012 8:50 pm

#shoetoss

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:15 am

Hahaha,

I drink the water straight from the tap and I ain't dead!
nutnut

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:34 am

nutnut wrote:Hahaha,

I drink the water straight from the tap and I ain't dead!
Neither am I but I don't know about Pakistan's tap water quality. Montague here is posting from Pakistan. It's another country where we also get a lot of spammers and shills.

emvis

Post by emvis » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:22 pm

When i first moved, i had to use bottle water. I found i was getting sick once a week.. maybe it was just adjusting to a new environment? I stuck to bottle water for the first month or so while using tap water to brush my teeth.

Now i boil the kettle and purify the water and keep it fridged and i dont get sick anywhere near as often.. maybe once every six month but nothing serious.

Whatever doesnt kill us makes us stronger?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:40 pm

emvis wrote:When i first moved, i had to use bottle water. I found i was getting sick once a week.. maybe it was just adjusting to a new environment? I stuck to bottle water for the first month or so while using tap water to brush my teeth.

Now i boil the kettle and purify the water and keep it fridged and i dont get sick anywhere near as often.. maybe once every six month but nothing serious.

Whatever doesnt kill us makes us stronger?
Water is not the only source of new gut flora that you need to adjust to.
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 1:22 pm

W.H.O. gives Singapore water some of the best marks in the world. In fact, Singapore's water actually exceeds WHO's guidelines in a number of areas.

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/pages/watertreatment.aspx

I think your health problems are primarily tropical acclimatization problems and nothing to do with the drinking water here, per se. I've raised to children from birth here and since being weaned off the bottle, they've been drinking tap water straight from the tap ever since. I've always used straight tap water with no ill effects at all. (30 years now, knock on wood).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 3:17 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:W.H.O. gives Singapore water some of the best marks in the world. In fact, Singapore's water actually exceeds WHO's guidelines in a number of areas.

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/pages/watertreatment.aspx

I think your health problems are primarily tropical acclimatization problems and nothing to do with the drinking water here, per se. I've raised to children from birth here and since being weaned off the bottle, they've been drinking tap water straight from the tap ever since. I've always used straight tap water with no ill effects at all. (30 years now, knock on wood).
I still boil it no matter what :P
Straight from tap? Not even small filter?
"Budget Expat"

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Oct 2012 5:34 pm

Nope. it's not necessary. Seriously. I've lived in landed property, I've lived in old Black & Whites, and I live in HDB currently and we've never had any problems with the water. I think people's mindsets are getting in the way of common sense sometimes. (unless somebody has a rare affliction that would flare up on contact with minute quantities of either fluoride or chlorine). Most of my friends don't "filter" their water either as they all know it's just a sellers ruse. On the other hand, I only drink bottled water in Indonesia. Mainly because I've worked the length and breadth of Indonesia over a 12 year period and caught amoebic dysentery on the Island of Natuna. Pretty crappy situation! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers