Singapore Expats

Advice for my PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lonewalker

Post by lonewalker » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 9:34 pm

Hmm I am applying PR for my girlfriend who is an Indian citizen working in Singapore as a air stewardess.

She has been flying in Singapore for about 5 years now.

She applied twice but was rejected. I am Singaporean. I think if I were to marry her, it would be easier for her to apply for a PR.

But previous years, her older colleagues were able to get their PR rather easily. This is probably due to the immigration lax in the previous years.

However I noticed that they might tighten the requirements as they need to appease the angry voters due to sky rocketing properties and congested public transport system.

Not only PRs and citizenship. I guess working pass will also have a higher bar now.

vnpan

Post by vnpan » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 9:23 am

Thanks everybody for your advices.

According to this information, ICA would have many different criteria to evaluate applicants.
http://www.guidemesingapore.com/relocat ... eme-part-1
Other than race, tax returns, income...there are others contributing to the final decision as well.
I understand that these are just few transparent criteria that we can see and guess, and there are many others non-transparent that nobody knows. So it means that one might fail this but fulfill others and eventually, it all depends on the weight of every criteria.
Anyway, I've just tried to keep my fingers crossed.
To Be or Not To Be

vnpan

Post by vnpan » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 11:54 am

Hi all,

Just a bit curious, is there any possibility that the PR is given to husband (or wife) and rejected to his/her spouse when they applied PR together?
To Be or Not To Be

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:02 pm

Sure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:14 pm

vnpan wrote:Hi all,

Just a bit curious, is there any possibility that the PR is given to husband (or wife) and rejected to his/her spouse when they applied PR together?
Just reading your question again, when 2-3 people apply together as a family, they approve or reject the whole application and not individually. just my 2 cents

vnpan

Post by vnpan » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks SMS and SF, but your answers are completely different from one another, please clarify further!
To Be or Not To Be

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:52 pm

Neither of us knows. I see the glass as half full, he sees it as half empty, that's all.

Your questions was phrased as "is there any possibility". My answer is sure. There's a possibility. Probability? That's another story.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vnpan

Post by vnpan » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 1:26 pm

OK, I got it. everything is possible but not probable always :D
Anyway, thanks SMS and SF.
To Be or Not To Be