Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 9:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:im 1.58m on the spot.
1.56/1.57 sometimes they close one eye.but depends on the person measuring the height.

Don't worry too much.yah im a singaporean.are u?
I won't mind accompanying you and give u moral support!(don't worry im not very pretty type.haha)
but 8.40 is a bit too early.
Hi there,
so dou have ur email? wat time is urs?
c ya....thx a lotz....

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 9:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:im 1.58m on the spot.
1.56/1.57 sometimes they close one eye.but depends on the person measuring the height.

Don't worry too much.yah im a singaporean.are u?
I won't mind accompanying you and give u moral support!(don't worry im not very pretty type.haha)
but 8.40 is a bit too early.
Hi there,
so dou have ur email? wat time is urs?
c ya....thx a lotz....

hi sure :)
[email protected]

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 10:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Keisha wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
hi guest,
yah i am going for the interview on 7 may.Are you going too?What time is yours?

I don't know how to give advice,because im stuck in the same situation now too.Hahah.height factor.
hi guys,

what are your heights?

also, how did you guys got the interview dates? you guys wrote in with covering letters and submitted your pictures to SIA? cause i emailed them asking when is their interview and what are their pre-requisites, they did not even reply. i have been trying for the past 2 weeks but not a single reply...

Hi there,i sent mine during the recruitment...and my application..i never even send cover letter.Juz the form and piak one photo.haha.
Did u send urs during the latest recruitment in april or march?
hi, nope didn't send any application form, cover letter nor photo... maybe that's why they didn't entertain me. anyway, all the best for your interview! let me know how it all went, okay?

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 10:15 pm

picket wrote:hi everyone,
I went for the interview on the 23 april, and made it through the 1st 2 rounds of the interview but was asked to go after the kerbaya check. i must say that this time round, the selection criteria is definitely more stringent. for my 1st round of group introduction, 3/10 made it through, and the 2nd, 2/3 made it. as for the kebaya check on 27 april, 20/40 made it. its really strange when all of us eliminated really had no idea why we din pass it. most were pleasant looking and look great in the uniform. i guess SIA with that many no. of applicants this time round decided to increase their standards and only take in a handful of trainees now.
so for those going for the coming interview, good luck. but don't raise your hopes too high.
oh.. they check for your ht before the 1st round and before the kebaya check. and their measuring tape is very screwed up. i am actually
standing at 167cm but over there, i'm only 162. so those just scrapping pass 158.. u might want to think twice about going. its really a waste of time. :D
hi picket,

Thanks for sharing. Can u tell us more about the scar check at the Kebaya stage? Is our make up on and is our hair bun up?? Will the person in charge of scar checks go their ur face to scrutinse ur scars? Also, is there a catwalk conducted together with the Kebaya?

Thank you for ur replies.

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 11:54 pm

I would advice shortlisted candidates who are 1.58m and below in height to not waste their time cos the measuring machine indeed will understate everyone's height. I am 1.74m but my measurement was taken as 1.71m.

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 11:58 pm

what about 1.58?still go ahead or don't?
but we have already emailed back the confirmation of attendence.still acn back out?

Luc85

Career Information

Post by Luc85 » Mon, 02 May 2005 12:43 am

OSCAR - http://oscar.nie.edu.sg/
Hi, this is a guide by NIE.

The information below is a collective info from the SIA website and the OSCAR website for the position of the Cabin Crew with SIA:

What is this occupation about?

The Cabin Crew is responsible for the care, comfort and safety of airline passengers before, during and after their flight. Basically, the main duty of the cabin crew is to provide service to passengers and to make sure that they enjoy their flight. Some of the duties performed by them are the preparation and serving of meals and drinks, caring of infants, invalids and elderly passengers, and ensuring the safety of the passengers on board.

-------------------------------------------------
What do you need to enter this occupation?

To be a Cabin Crew with the Singapore Airlines, you need:

Male Cabin Crew:
(1) to complete, to be exempted from, or not be liable for NS (Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
(2) at least 1.65m in height
(3) A Level / Poly Diploma ; (Applicants with higher qualifications are welcome to apply.)

Female Cabin Crew:
(1) at least 1.58m in height
(2) pleasant personality and service oriented
(4) A Level / Poly Diploma ; (Applicants with higher qualifications are welcome to apply)
(5) the ability to speak other languages would be an advantage.

If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months training and will be required to serve a service bond.

What are the personal qualities needed?

- caring - warm - enterprising - professional - dedicated

Remuneration and Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

What kind of income or benefits can you expect?

Monthly income : $1,200 - $1,400
Inclusive of basic salary and allowances, you can earn up to $3,600 per month.

Who are your likely employers?

Airlines

What are the job opportunities?

Promotional posts:
Leading Crew
Chief Crew
In-flight Supervisor
Check Crew
Executive

Related jobs:
Careers in tourist and travel industries

Where can you find more information?

Human Resource Division
Singapore Airlines Limited
Airmail Transit Centre
P O Box 501
Singapore 918101
Tel: 6540 3439
Fax: 6546 2991

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, please download the SIA Cabin Crew application form, fill it up and email it along with a covering letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by 2 April 2005 to: [email protected].

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd, C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Seng

Home

Post by Seng » Mon, 02 May 2005 1:28 am

Oh.. Just for your info, almost all flight attendents are staying in the East of Singapore, in particularly Tampines. To be more exact, the Tampines East area such as Street 21, 23,24 are famous for spotting SIA girls other than the airport. Most of them rent a room or the house as it is nearer and easier to take a cab travelling by the PIE leading to the Airport.

My poly friend works in the airport as an Airport Executive with CAAS, and he commented that these days.... SIA girls when not working in the planes... are quite 'chor-lor' when dining at the restaurants in Changi Airport... the way they walk, sit, talk, eat....etc.

Anyway, the present Army 'Ali-baba bag' issued to the recruits in Tekong are now fitted with wheels. and we joked that they are known as the Singapore Boys.

Seng

Jobs @ Changi Airport

Post by Seng » Mon, 02 May 2005 1:47 am

If you are unable to join the SIA Cabin Crew, you might look for a job in Changi International Airport or perhaps in an aviation field. If you are ready so interested in SIA, call up the HR of SIA for a job position, e.g. the ticketing counter. Recently, my friend saw Lum May Yee the model-actress be a Customer Service Manager of SIA, in charge of the SIA ticketing counters and customer service counters.

Some websites you can browse:

http://www.changi.airport.com.sg/
http://www.caas.gov.sg/
http://www.sats.com.sg/
http://www.cias.com.sg/
http://www.saa.com.sg/

tata

SIA Interview

Post by tata » Mon, 02 May 2005 2:19 am

Any male candidates here going for the 3/5 interview ?

picket

Post by picket » Mon, 02 May 2005 11:34 am

so before you go for the kebaya check, your ht will be taken again.( this is where the measuring part gets real screwed up. don't make the ht limit will be asked to leave) this time round, they also record your wt. then you proceed to a room where all the kebayas are displayed ( all sizes not fitting. tops really tight and skirts really big) its like a 1st come 1st serve basis. so if your number is called out first you get to choose the best fitting kebaya.those last.. well too bad left with those in weird sizes.

you will be asked to tie up your hair if its long. yes... make up is allowed, so you can conceal all the scars and pimples. this round is checked by the beauticians from lancome. and she is very intimidating. stares at you real hard when you walk,scrutinises your every move the way you walk,smile and talk. finally when she checks your scars, you're just standing a few feet away. so really there's no hiding. she sees everything.
alright girls , hope this helps. don't be too disappointed if you don't make it. there's always other jobs and airlines around.

Post by Guest » Mon, 02 May 2005 12:09 pm

is ur friend enjoying his job as an airport executive?

Post by Guest » Mon, 02 May 2005 12:32 pm

picket wrote:so before you go for the kebaya check, your ht will be taken again.( this is where the measuring part gets real screwed up. don't make the ht limit will be asked to leave) this time round, they also record your wt. then you proceed to a room where all the kebayas are displayed ( all sizes not fitting. tops really tight and skirts really big) its like a 1st come 1st serve basis. so if your number is called out first you get to choose the best fitting kebaya.those last.. well too bad left with those in weird sizes.

you will be asked to tie up your hair if its long. yes... make up is allowed, so you can conceal all the scars and pimples. this round is checked by the beauticians from lancome. and she is very intimidating. stares at you real hard when you walk,scrutinises your every move the way you walk,smile and talk. finally when she checks your scars, you're just standing a few feet away. so really there's no hiding. she sees everything.
alright girls , hope this helps. don't be too disappointed if you don't make it. there's always other jobs and airlines around.
HI picket,

Thanks for ur insightful reply and sharing ur experience. I appreciate it a lot, guess it has to do with blessings to get the desired size that fits. To be honest, I felt a bit demoralised after hearing what u said because I do not want to waste my time like what u have mentioned.
So to make my interview worthwhile I always would like to know more and be prepared. That's the only way to present my ultimate best.
I believe u have gone far and it is commendable to have reached d Kebaya stage. I presumed u have gone for the water confidence test be4 ur Kebaya test. Are they conducted on the same day? Take heart, I am sure u will be appreciated by other airlines if u still intend to try:)
You mentioned that the Lancome beautician wil stand a few feet away to c how we walk and talk. I am quite puzzled that we have to talk in this round? Seemingly, I thought this round is more of presentation. Can u pls clarify, is there another interviewing session here where questions will be posted to you?
Thank you :) If u do not mind, can u provide me ur email,I wish to ask u some personalised questions. Thank a lotz!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 02 May 2005 3:26 pm

actually i was thinking what didnt anyone say or do anything about their height measuring machine since it's actually so screwed???

did they do it purposely or they didnt know that their machine is screwed??

Post by Guest » Mon, 02 May 2005 6:57 pm

Hi, my interview is on 7th May at 1120. Is there anyone out there having the same slot as me?