Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
fallingsnow

Post by fallingsnow » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 2:28 pm

vasilysa wrote:haha perhaps i was in a group whereby the passing rate wasn't that high. made me real nervous. i was in the 840 group too! :)

anyway, how was your medical today? did it take long?
My medicals took about 1 hour today. I reached around 10.30am. :)

vizard

Post by vizard » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 7:36 pm

fallingsnow wrote:
baubbles wrote:
fallingsnow wrote:I would say this time round, the passing rate is very high for round 1, as well as skin check and even the 1-1 interview. Even up to management, 4-5/6 or even all will pass. For kebaya, I think everyone passed.

My question for round 1 was: If there were a movie character you can play, who will it be and why?

For management, debate question was: What do you think about technology? So basically you can give pros/cons or just mention both advantages and disadvantages.

Finally, on my 4th attempt, I made it. Going for medicals tomorrow.
1st attempt was on May this year and I got booted at management. Then for the subsequent 2 tries, I was out at round 1. This time round I was lucky. I would say go at the time when they need to recruit alot of people. It would be alot easier and a breeze to get through.
Which group were u in? I've never get through round 1 after the mgmt round in feb anymore and I wonder why. It's not like I speak badly. Confident also wrong, not confident also cannot. Sigh :'(
I am in group 10! I reached at 8am. Don't despair, just keep trying. If i weren't unsuccessful I would still keep trying because this is my dream job. The previous times, I had a script in which I followed to do my introduction. However, I think it backfired because I was trying to remember it and not looking at the interviewers straight in the eye and smiling. Hence, this time I went with my natural self, with no preparations and just engaged eye contact with both interviewers, present myself and smile constantly.

Please never give up!! :) Good luck!

i agree with you fallingsnow..i was also memorizing my script on the latest interview and i failed..but i will go for it again and just go with my guts and natural self..its my dream to fly too..hope i can achieve it.

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 8:58 pm

galwithawand wrote:
vasilysa wrote:
galwithawand wrote: if u get through we might be training tgt (: keep each other posted ya (:
haha doubt it. my availability date is really far away. anyway you went for your interview how many months in adv ah?

aww okay.. i went for the interview 7 months ago..
Haha how long after your medical did you get the call? Just went for my medical today too

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:34 pm

vasilysa wrote:
Haha how long after your medical did you get the call? Just went for my medical today too
mine longest in my group. took exactly a month. the rest some 3 days got the call already. most people within 1 week.
i think it depends largely on your availability date, medical re-checkup if needed or if you are a foreigner

fallingsnow

Post by fallingsnow » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 2:03 am

vizard wrote:
fallingsnow wrote:
baubbles wrote: Which group were u in? I've never get through round 1 after the mgmt round in feb anymore and I wonder why. It's not like I speak badly. Confident also wrong, not confident also cannot. Sigh :'(
I am in group 10! I reached at 8am. Don't despair, just keep trying. If i weren't unsuccessful I would still keep trying because this is my dream job. The previous times, I had a script in which I followed to do my introduction. However, I think it backfired because I was trying to remember it and not looking at the interviewers straight in the eye and smiling. Hence, this time I went with my natural self, with no preparations and just engaged eye contact with both interviewers, present myself and smile constantly.

i agree with you fallingsnow..i was also memorizing my script on the latest interview and i failed..but i will go for it again and just go with my guts and natural self..its my dream to fly too..hope i can achieve it.
Never stop trying till you succeed okay!! :) Good luck!

I am now waiting for the much anticipated call after medicals. I went for med checkup on Monday. My notice period is immediate. Hence, I am hoping they will call within this week!!

fallingsnow

Post by fallingsnow » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 2:34 am

The next walk in!

Interviews will be conducted on 03 December 2011 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230
:D

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 9:48 am

fallingsnow wrote:
vizard wrote:
fallingsnow wrote: I am in group 10! I reached at 8am. Don't despair, just keep trying. If i weren't unsuccessful I would still keep trying because this is my dream job. The previous times, I had a script in which I followed to do my introduction. However, I think it backfired because I was trying to remember it and not looking at the interviewers straight in the eye and smiling. Hence, this time I went with my natural self, with no preparations and just engaged eye contact with both interviewers, present myself and smile constantly.

Never stop trying till you succeed okay!! :) Good luck!

I am now waiting for the much anticipated call after medicals. I went for med checkup on Monday. My notice period is immediate. Hence, I am hoping they will call within this week!!
Me too Falling snow ... Waiting for my medical results ... Hope it wldnt be too long ... :)

vizard

Post by vizard » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 6:44 am

fallingsnow wrote:The next walk in!

Interviews will be conducted on 03 December 2011 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230
:D
Woah that is so far away..

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 4:21 pm

galwithawand wrote:
vasilysa wrote:
mine longest in my group. took exactly a month. the rest some 3 days got the call already. most people within 1 week.
i think it depends largely on your availability date, medical re-checkup if needed or if you are a foreigner
Oh ok my availability is in 5 months. The wait is pretty agonizing lol just have to be patient. Tell us if anyone gets the call k! Haha

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 6:20 pm

vasilysa wrote:
galwithawand wrote:
vasilysa wrote:
Oh ok my availability is in 5 months. The wait is pretty agonizing lol just have to be patient. Tell us if anyone gets the call k! Haha
Would really love to try for the upcoming interview but my availability is in 6 months time by then. Should I go for it or wait for the next recruitment after December 3rd?

Mavie

Post by Mavie » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 8:36 pm

Helloe Everybody

I have tried SIA for 3 times and failed at various rounds, quite demoralized :p
Any inspiring stories of anyone passing after trying for many times?! HAHA
Anyway i am giving myself another last try this December.
Any has anyone tried going for seminars/talk/tips for cabin crew wannabes? Are they useful?
Thank you! :)

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 10:25 am

[quote="Mavie"]Helloe Everybody

I have tried SIA for 3 times and failed at various rounds, quite demoralized :p
Any inspiring stories of anyone passing after trying for many times?! HAHA
Anyway i am giving myself another last try this December.
Any has anyone tried going for seminars/talk/tips for cabin crew wannabes? Are they useful?
Thank you! :)[/quote]

haha,i tried 6 x,still failed.
just trial and error and nv give up if u really dream to have this job. We just found another way that's failed.
I tried seminars and paid,still failed?
Some people may try once and pass,attend seminars and pass or even dont attend,they will pass.It really depends.:)

shiniestar

Post by shiniestar » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:36 pm

just wondering.. what if one get outbreaks after being employed?? will get kick out??

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Hello

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 1:24 pm

I believed if minor acne shld be ok ... I heard you will be grounded if you have acne before flight ... Issit true ??

ikip84

Post by ikip84 » Sat, 08 Oct 2011 3:00 pm

Hey guys. I remember last time I went to management round at STC and I saw people came for review interview. Does anyone here know what that interview for?? O ya I failed that management round interview.:-(