Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
baubbles

Post by baubbles » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 7:12 pm

fallingsnow wrote:I would say this time round, the passing rate is very high for round 1, as well as skin check and even the 1-1 interview. Even up to management, 4-5/6 or even all will pass. For kebaya, I think everyone passed.

My question for round 1 was: If there were a movie character you can play, who will it be and why?

For management, debate question was: What do you think about technology? So basically you can give pros/cons or just mention both advantages and disadvantages.

Finally, on my 4th attempt, I made it. Going for medicals tomorrow.
1st attempt was on May this year and I got booted at management. Then for the subsequent 2 tries, I was out at round 1. This time round I was lucky. I would say go at the time when they need to recruit alot of people. It would be alot easier and a breeze to get through.
Which group were u in? I've never get through round 1 after the mgmt round in feb anymore and I wonder why. It's not like I speak badly. Confident also wrong, not confident also cannot. Sigh :'(

fraghan

Post by fraghan » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 7:43 pm

well, i got through all rounds and went to the kebaya round. however, i was rejected. i think majority is because of my moles on my neck area and front area. It was really disappointing. :(
Last edited by fraghan on Sun, 02 Oct 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yours Sincerely,

fraghanhan

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.

fraghan

Post by fraghan » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 7:45 pm

baubbles wrote:
fallingsnow wrote:I would say this time round, the passing rate is very high for round 1, as well as skin check and even the 1-1 interview. Even up to management, 4-5/6 or even all will pass. For kebaya, I think everyone passed.

My question for round 1 was: If there were a movie character you can play, who will it be and why?

For management, debate question was: What do you think about technology? So basically you can give pros/cons or just mention both advantages and disadvantages.

1st attempt was on May this year and I got booted at management. Then for the subsequent 2 tries, I was out at round 1. This time round I was lucky. I would say go at the time when they need to recruit alot of people. It would be alot easier and a breeze to get through.
Which group were u in? I've never get through round 1 after the mgmt round in feb anymore and I wonder why. It's not like I speak badly. Confident also wrong, not confident also cannot. Sigh :'(
congratulations! this is my first attempt. got thru all rounds. however, kebaya round, i was rejected. i think mainly because of my moles. was quite disappointing though. sigh.
Yours Sincerely,

fraghanhan

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr.

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 10:24 pm

i got through all the rounds too. would be going for my medical soon. 1st attempt too. one really important tip is to really smile. keep smiling non stop!

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Hi Guys ...

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 12:23 am

Hello Guys ... Dun give up .. Keep on trying ... The management round was tough as well ...

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 12:58 am

vasilysa wrote:i got through all the rounds too. would be going for my medical soon. 1st attempt too. one really important tip is to really smile. keep smiling non stop!
if u get through we might be training tgt (: keep each other posted ya (:

vizard

Post by vizard » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:34 am

well i smiled all the way but still failed..but i wont give up..will keep trying..

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 12:25 pm

galwithawand wrote:
vasilysa wrote:i got through all the rounds too. would be going for my medical soon. 1st attempt too. one really important tip is to really smile. keep smiling non stop!
haha doubt it. my availability date is really far away. anyway you went for your interview how many months in adv ah?

but anyway i don't think passing rate was that high. round 1 was good but when it came to the management round, only 2 out of 6 in my group was chosen. and i saw some girls got eliminated at the kebaya round too.

smile naturally, like you're enjoying yourself.

vizard

Post by vizard » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 2:05 pm

yes, true..smile like u enjoyed the interview..but the nervous feeling really can overwhelm one though

quaddie11

Post by quaddie11 » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 5:30 pm

My question was what characteristics that you have which can contribute to SIA. My 1st time and failed the 1st round. Hehe =)
Any male Malays here who went for last wkend's interview & got thru?

fallingsnow

Post by fallingsnow » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:03 pm

baubbles wrote:

I am in group 10! I reached at 8am. Don't despair, just keep trying. If i weren't unsuccessful I would still keep trying because this is my dream job. The previous times, I had a script in which I followed to do my introduction. However, I think it backfired because I was trying to remember it and not looking at the interviewers straight in the eye and smiling. Hence, this time I went with my natural self, with no preparations and just engaged eye contact with both interviewers, present myself and smile constantly.

Please never give up!! :) Good luck!

fallingsnow

Post by fallingsnow » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:09 pm

vasilysa wrote:
galwithawand wrote:
haha doubt it. my availability date is really far away. anyway you went for your interview how many months in adv ah?

but anyway i don't think passing rate was that high. round 1 was good but when it came to the management round, only 2 out of 6 in my group was chosen. and i saw some girls got eliminated at the kebaya round too.

smile naturally, like you're enjoying yourself.
From my observation, I was waiting for my 1-1 interview and was sitting on the left side of the convention hall. Hence, those going for round 1 were directly opposite me. When the results were revealed, I can see 5-8/10 being successful. These were much higher than those previous rounds I went for. However, this was during 8-9.30am so I have no idea how the afternoon people fared. Even for skin check, it wasn't very stringent as almost everyone passed, while in the past, the success rate is 30%? For 1-1 interviews, I am not sure as we went in one by one and I left once I got the letter for management round.

For kebaya, I was 8.40am for the next day and so far all the girls who went through passed. I don't know the results for the subsequent groups.. However, I feel that this time they recruited more people than previous times. I was in group 35 in 28 may, and I got allocated 8.40am slot in management. This time I am only in group 10. And for management, 4/6 passed in my group and all were successful. I asked around and they said the passing rate is 4-6/6. :)

vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:28 pm

haha perhaps i was in a group whereby the passing rate wasn't that high. made me real nervous. i was in the 840 group too! :)

anyway, how was your medical today? did it take long?

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 1:24 am

vasilysa wrote:
galwithawand wrote:
aww okay.. i went for the interview 7 months ago..

Kolol Nimadus Husta

Medical Check Up

Post by Kolol Nimadus Husta » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 1:44 pm

Anyone waiting for Medical Check Up ? They mentioned training will be in November & December also ....