Singapore Expats

Beaten Up?

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 1:36 am

rukiddingme wrote:Seem to be back on an even keel. She now has a curfew, which wasn't in place before... my mistake. I was treating her as an adult, as she's 36 with 3 kids. Also found out that although she's 'married' she's kind of 'separated'.
Some do supplement their incomes with boyfriends no money no honey, and especially so with 3 children to care for plus family members too, it's a very sad state of affairs but that is survival for many unfortunate people.

You should educate her in sexual promiscuity and diseases guaranteed she doesn't have a clue about the risks even though she is 36. Their husbands are normally the worst offenders and Singapore is probably riddled with all sorts of clap. Though licenced hookers are tested every month, Singapore is a devils playground which caters for everything :roll:

You still need to treat her as an adult and gain her trust, just make sure she knows your concerns and educate her indirectly with the internet on sexual diseases, you may also learn something yourself no offence.

But having been stationed here in the 70's with the military I know that 50% of our squadron singles had the clap :lol: and they couldn't stay away from the beer long enough to get cured either, so many had various transmitted disease for a long time. Quite shocking really!

Those days Vietnam rose was quite popular!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:23 am

rukiddingme wrote:Seem to be back on an even keel. She now has a curfew, which wasn't in place before... my mistake. I was treating her as an adult, as she's 36 with 3 kids. Also found out that although she's 'married' she's kind of 'separated'.
Not all countries recognise divorce, so, even if the status shows married, they would have split years ago .. not abnormal .. and doesn't mean she is lying .. have some faith (no, I don't know your maid .. :D :D )

Even recently, a former colleague's mom got married - and the brethren were like "oh, her mom was never married before", since, in their country, married means NO DIVORCE .. so being unmarried is sometimes better off....

And KSL: not fair to suggest all maids as 'fooling around'

Statistically speaking, out of the 150,000 maids in Singapore, those you see in dating/pubbing/fighting/sundry are a minority of the above, and on a fair sunday after pay day, it doesn't exceed even 1,500 to 2,000 ..

A lot of maids do spend their of day wisely, in Bayanihan Center and the like .. and do courses to upgrade themselves ...

It's a touchy subject trying to educate a maid on sexual stuff .. not gonna wade in deeper anymore .. :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:36 am

ecureilx says:And KSL: not fair to suggest all maids as 'fooling around'
Since when does
Some do supplement their incomes with boyfriends
Does that equal all women to you? :roll:
Last edited by ksl on Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:50 am

ksl wrote: Since when does
Some do supplement their incomes with boyfriends
Equal all! Maybe you shouldn't be too quick with your remarks, is that fair :wink: or maybe some means all for you :lol: and believe it or not I got the information from a group of maids outside the kindergarten years ago nothing worse than gossip, though just to make it clear I will say SOME women not even maids, as i don't enjoy pointing fingers at any particular race either.
Noted :D :D And stand corrected in the above ..

Anyway, if there is one thing that you should watch out is, a lot like to 'boast' than really do .. and that doesn't stop with men .. generally :D

Return to “Domestic Helper & Babysitter Issues”