Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
lake

Post by lake » Sun, 01 May 2005 2:23 pm

Keisha wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Keisha wrote: guys, i do not understand something... i thought SIA just conducted an interview on the dates 23/04/05 and 24/04/05? and how come now the next interview is 07/05/04? how come so fast? i thought normally its after few months?

We applied for the April intake. Just when we thought that we were not being shortlisted, we received invitations from SIA. That's why. I guess it's either there are too many applicants this round, thus 2 days of interview are not sufficient, or they need more crews.
but i thought they advertised only for indonesian and malaysian applicants? you can still see it on SIA website, under Careers...

that's why i was surprised many of our fellow Singaporean attended the interviews dated 23/04/05 and 24/04/05. correct me if i am wrong, please. since they advertised for them, i did not attend the interview for April intake... :cry:

the 7th May interview was due to becoz of too many applicants they had to split into another week to finish interviewing them.
The Indonesia and malaysian advertisment was right after they advertised for local,so the locals had their interview on april,so most prob the indo and malaysians will have their somewhere end of may i guess

cup noodles

Post by cup noodles » Sun, 01 May 2005 2:28 pm

Did anyone here went to the interview before but failed the height measuring??

Re: Need suggestion.

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 2:53 pm

is the 4 months of training salary fixed for everybody or it would vary according to one's years of working experience and qualifications?[/quote]

For what i know is that the basic salary is $1500 for Dip holder and i suppose for degree holder will be slightly higher. N for the advertisement posted $3500 and above it includes the allowance depending on your trip to which ever country.

picket

Post by picket » Sun, 01 May 2005 3:38 pm

hi everyone,
I went for the interview on the 23 april, and made it through the 1st 2 rounds of the interview but was asked to go after the kerbaya check. i must say that this time round, the selection criteria is definitely more stringent. for my 1st round of group introduction, 3/10 made it through, and the 2nd, 2/3 made it. as for the kebaya check on 27 april, 20/40 made it. its really strange when all of us eliminated really had no idea why we din pass it. most were pleasant looking and look great in the uniform. i guess SIA with that many no. of applicants this time round decided to increase their standards and only take in a handful of trainees now.
so for those going for the coming interview, good luck. but don't raise your hopes too high.
oh.. they check for your ht before the 1st round and before the kebaya check. and their measuring tape is very screwed up. i am actually standing at 167cm but over there, i'm only 162. so those just scrapping pass 158.. u might wanna think twice about going. its really a waste of time. :D

summer85

Post by summer85 » Sun, 01 May 2005 3:48 pm

hey thanks for sharing with us.

But their measuring tape so screwed!?!?!?!?So damn terrible.
Have you seen anyone been asked to leave coz of height even before 1st round?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 6:34 pm

summer85 wrote:hey thanks for sharing with us.

Have you seen anyone been asked to leave because of height even before 1st round?
yes... i know of 2 people who were asked to leave when they came for interview. even before the interview, when they had their heights measured! they were 158cm and above in height. nearly same height but about 5 cm lesser was being recorded. they were asked to leave immediately!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 6:36 pm

summer85 wrote:hey thanks for sharing with us.

Have you seen anyone been asked to leave because of height even before 1st round?
i really do not think it's the height measuring equipment... i think it's the people measuring the applicants' heights... makes their elimination more easier, that's why... especially with a lots of applicants coming in for interviews...

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:12 pm

cup noodles wrote:Did anyone here went to the interview before but failed the height measuring??
Hi cup noodles,
are you goin for the interview?
juz wana get some advices from you...coz am afraid that my height will be a problems....thx....

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:
cup noodles wrote:Did anyone here went to the interview before but failed the height measuring??
Hi cup noodles,
juz wana get some advices from you...because am afraid that my height will be a problems....thx....

hi guest,
yah i am going for the interview on 7 may.Are you going too?What time is yours?

I don't know how to give advice,coz im stuck in the same situation now too.Hahah.height factor.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Hi cup noodles,
juz wana get some advices from you...because am afraid that my height will be a problems....thx....

hi guest,

I don't know how to give advice,because im stuck in the same situation now too.Hahah.height factor.
hi guys,

what are your heights?

also, how did you guys got the interview dates? you guys wrote in with covering letters and submitted your pictures to SIA? cause i emailed them asking when is their interview and what are their pre-requisites, they did not even reply. i have been trying for the past 2 weeks but not a single reply...

liquidrebecca

Post by liquidrebecca » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Hi cup noodles,

hi guest,

I don't know how to give advice,because im stuck in the same situation now too.Hahah.height factor.
Hi cup noodles,
so wat time is urs? are u Malaysian? mine will be 0840..........
may I know wat is ur height measurement?......
mayb we can meet up there?cheers.........

cup noodles

Post by cup noodles » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:38 pm

liquidrebecca wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi cup noodles,

hi guest,

Hi cup noodles,

Hi there,
im not a malaysian.Are u??Mine is ard 10+ im 1.58 on the spot.haha.im dead.What's urs??anyone going with u for the interview??

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:40 pm

Keisha wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi cup noodles,

hi guest,

hi guys,

what are your heights?

also, how did you guys got the interview dates? you guys wrote in with covering letters and submitted your pictures to SIA? cause i emailed them asking when is their interview and what are their pre-requisites, they did not even reply. i have been trying for the past 2 weeks but not a single reply...

Hi there,i sent mine during the recruitment...and my application..i never even send cover letter.Juz the form and piak one photo.haha.
Did u send urs during the latest recruitment in april or march?

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:47 pm

cup noodles wrote:
liquidrebecca wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
hi guest,

Hi cup noodles,

Hi there,
im not a malaysian.Are u??Mine is ard 10+ im 1.58 on the spot.haha.im dead.What's urs??anyone going with u for the interview??
Hi...
I don get you...wat is ur height measurement?
mine I thnk about 1.56 (7)m...am dead too...hehe
are u singaporean? no one is goin with me....

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 8:54 pm

im 1.58m on the spot.
1.56/1.57 sometimes they close one eye.but depends on the person measuring the height.

Don't worry too much.yah im a singaporean.are u?
I won't mind accompanying you and give u moral support!(don't worry im not very pretty type.haha)
but 8.40 is a bit too early.