Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
cambree

shoutout shin angel and anyone who has had work done byD.Hsu

Post by cambree » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:03 pm

Hi ShinAngel and blissful09 (and this also goes out to anyone who have had work done by Dr Hsu)

Some background first- I have a secondary rhinoplasty done by Dr Hsu in Mar this year. Suffice to say I am not happy with the results but it has only been six months and the doctor has said recovery from autologous rhinoplasty (a secondary one tips the equation further) will take a year for the skin to sufficiently re-drape over the underlying framework. I suppose my nasal skin is thick to begin with and that probably did not help matters. Right now, I am at this point in my recovery trajectory that I am somewhat convinced that the rib harvested was not shaved down/altered enough so it now looks somewhat chunky. Of course, I am looking at this from a gut intuition perspective because though the dr says this is swelling I have been diligently taking photographs at the 1 mth, 2 mth etc mark and see little or no resolution of this "swelling". I have been to a couple of local doctors and have had a lot of Kenalog injections to try to address this "swelling" but almost all the docs have unanimously said that they believe the graft is too big and definitely not what I was looking for as I wanted a delicate nose. I had a somewhat bulbous one to begin with and the primary rhinoplasty with silicon added height and definition but did little for the size of the tip per se.

Shinangel: I hope to get in touch with you via IM! ([email protected])
I think we can both benefit from discussing this!

XCambree

jessie90

Post by jessie90 » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:08 am

Tip still kinda bulbous after nose job with chuang on 2 april 2011.
How? :( Revision costs a bomb! And I'm just a poor student. Not yet 21.

cambree

Post by cambree » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 1:25 am

Hi Jessie,

Same situation here; close to 6 mths post op with Dr Hsu. I think tip work is really difficult and thick nasal skin has certainly impacted/limited the degree of improvement we can see with surgery. I really want to believe in the possibility of greater, more pronounced,a more radical degree of change as the (final?) outcome now is immensely disappointing to say the least. I have had a couple of Kenalog injections post-op to moderate/limit scar tissue formation but they don't seem to be helping.

tita2011

need help

Post by tita2011 » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 5:12 pm

[Hey guys.

I'm planning on surgery with Dr Kao. I'd love some company, would be great to find someone to be mutual support during the healing process and eat/shop our way through Taiwan...
I'm female btw.

Will of course keep you updated once the date comes... So nervous!

Hey...I'd like to do rhino revision with Dr.Kao too and wish we could go together. when is the date for your operation? I intend to reshaping my jaw because my cheek looks chubby. I'm still confuse where to go and whose the best doctor. Does any one can advise me please...
Does Dr.Koa good to do eyes too?

tita2011

Post by tita2011 » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 5:52 pm

[quote="Zaphiree"]Hey guys.

I'm planning on surgery with Dr Kao. I'd love some company, would be great to find someone to be mutual support during the healing process and eat/shop our way through Taiwan...
I'm female btw.

Will of course keep you updated once the date comes... So nervous![/Hi I'd like to go for Dr.Kao, he advise me to do chin rhino correction to my nose. I had done my nose with Dr.Wu in Spore but result is not good at all and looks fake. It's been 4 years now and looks not natural and not symetric at all. .. do yo know if Dr.Kao can reshaping my cheek because it's looks chubby.. appreciate if you could reply me..]
cheerful

Zaphiree

Post by Zaphiree » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 5:25 pm

Hi! I already finished the surgery here last week. Sorry! I think for jaw reshaping Dr Kao might be good because he is ENT. I think he is quite conservative so might not do cheek implants. Try emailing him with some photos :)

rhinoguy

Post by rhinoguy » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 7:50 am

[/Hi I'd like to go for Dr.Kao, he advise me to do chin rhino correction to my nose. I had done my nose with Dr.Wu in Singapore but result is not good at all and looks fake. It's been 4 years now and looks not natural and not symetric at all. .. do yo know if Dr.Kao can reshaping my cheek because it's looks chubby.. appreciate if you could reply me..][/quote]

Hi Tita,
I'm quite sure Dr. Kao doesn't do cheek implants nor cheek reduction surgery. If you are interested in that procedure, Korea is the place to go. What you can do is ask for Dr. Kao's opinion whether your chubbiness comes from your cheek bones or fat. If face liposuction or buccal removal will do, then maybe there are options in Taipei. I'm not sure though. If you really insist doing the cheekbone surgery in Taipei, two doctors that do this procedure are Dr. Tsai http://www.miniface.com and Dr. Chuang http://www.miniface.com
But judging from the photos on their website, I'm personally not too impressed. you might have different taste though. Good luck.

tita2011

Post by tita2011 » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 3:12 pm

rhinoguy wrote:[/Hi I'd like to go for Dr.Kao, he advise me to do chin rhino correction to my nose. I had done my nose with Dr.Wu in Singapore but result is not good at all and looks fake. It's been 4 years now and looks not natural and not symetric at all. .. do yo know if Dr.Kao can reshaping my cheek because it's looks chubby.. appreciate if you could reply me..]
Hi Tita,
I'm quite sure Dr. Kao doesn't do cheek implants nor cheek reduction surgery. If you are interested in that procedure, Korea is the place to go. What you can do is ask for Dr. Kao's opinion whether your chubbiness comes from your cheek bones or fat. If face liposuction or buccal removal will do, then maybe there are options in Taipei. I'm not sure though. If you really insist doing the cheekbone surgery in Taipei, two doctors that do this procedure are Dr. Tsai http://www.miniface.com and Dr. Chuang http://www.miniface.com
But judging from the photos on their website, I'm personally not too impressed. you might have different taste though. Good luck.[/ Hi rhinoguy...thanks so much for your advice tough. do you know who is the best doctor in Korea to do cheek reshaping ? do you know what is the speciality of Dr.Kao. thanks again..cheers]
cheerful

chtrsl

Post by chtrsl » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:23 pm

tita2011 wrote:
Zaphiree wrote:Hey guys.

I'm female btw.

Will of course keep you updated once the date comes... So nervous![/Hi I'd like to go for Dr.Kao, he advise me to do chin rhino correction to my nose. I had done my nose with Dr.Wu in Singapore but result is not good at all and looks fake. It's been 4 years now and looks not natural and not symetric at all. .. do yo know if Dr.Kao can reshaping my cheek because it's looks chubby.. appreciate if you could reply me..]
hihi.........i'll looking at going do rhino and chin with Dr Kao as well. it will be early next year. I sent Dr Kao emails but he still hasn't reply me yet.
If everything gose to plan then i'll be going for sure. I'll be looking for someone to stay with as well. I'm also female btw.
email me or add me on msn: [email protected]

rhinoguy

Post by rhinoguy » Sat, 24 Sep 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Tita,
there's a lengthy forum on Cozycot that focuses just on zygoma reduction. You should give it a read as it has so much information there. Then you can draw your own conclusion which clinic you feel is right for you. Goodluck :)

magical
Regular
Regular

Post by magical » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 5:17 pm

mhmm.. think whether to go taiwan to do rhinoplasty not....?
seems much cheaper than doing it in Korea..
Im still thinking to do it with Dr. Kao or Beauty Care Clinic in Taiwan...around the same price though..
Next: Rhinoplasty + Tip-Plasty
Done: Blepharoplasty + Epicanthoplasty Surgery @Dr Chirayut 7 June 2011

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 5:57 am

magical wrote:mhmm.. think whether to go taiwan to do rhinoplasty not....?
Im still thinking to do it with Dr. Kao or Beauty Care Clinic in Taiwan...around the same price though..
Are these 2 docs good for eyes and nose job? And what prices are quoted for you? When are you going? I would prefer Taiwan to Korea actually.

magical
Regular
Regular

Post by magical » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:33 am

terrie35 wrote:
Are these 2 docs good for eyes and nose job? And what prices are quoted for you? When are you going? I would prefer Taiwan to Korea actually.
The Website for the Beauty Clinic: http://www.beautycare.com.tw/beauty.html
or http://www.alx.com.tw/plastic/nose/nose1.htm
Both same.

I'm also considering going to Taiwan compare to the prices in Korea.
The total price for Rhinoplasty using Ear Cartilage + Gore-Tex/Silicone is TWD 80000.

I don't know which to choose???? Silicone or Gore-Tex :???:
I heard from some people that Gore-Tex is not so Gd...Hard to remove also and Gore-Tex can shrink 40% in size over some time.

Very hard to say...[/url]
Next: Rhinoplasty + Tip-Plasty
Done: Blepharoplasty + Epicanthoplasty Surgery @Dr Chirayut 7 June 2011

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 8:05 pm

magical wrote:
terrie35 wrote:
The Website for the Beauty Clinic: http://www.beautycare.com.tw/beauty.html
or http://www.alx.com.tw/plastic/nose/nose1.htm
Both same.

I'm also considering going to Taiwan compare to the prices in Korea.
The total price for Rhinoplasty using Ear Cartilage + Gore-Tex/Silicone is TWD 80000.

I don't know which to choose???? Silicone or Gore-Tex :???:
I heard from some people that Gore-Tex is not so Gd...Hard to remove also and Gore-Tex can shrink 40% in size over some time.

Very hard to say...[/url]

Thanks, magical. I prefer Taiwan because I like the looks of some of their models on their magazine covers because to me the Koreans prefer thin eye crease which is not my preference. I prefer the big eye look with parallel crease.

Silicon is comparatively easy to remove...it just take less than a week to recover if you remove it. I don't know about goretex but I read that since it is like a mesh where living tissues can grow into so to remove may have some scar tissues...anyway both have pros and cons. So maybe I go for silicon.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Post by terrie35 » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 8:16 pm

Magical, do you know by any chance if the doc at Beauty Care speaks English?