Singapore Expats

been rejected from entering SG, help please....

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
blesseds

been rejected from entering SG, help please....

Post by blesseds » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:29 pm

hi everyone.. first, i'm sorry for my poor english..

last july i've been rejected from entering SG, the reason is i'm come to sg too often, and stay too long (everytime i enter, i stay around 20+ days, it's because i hv cousin there..) but never overstaying and never do something crime (theft etc). i don;t know how long i can entering sg again?

and when i came back to my country, i visit sg embassy, and ask, they said i need permission letter from SG, and for the permission, i need to prepare some documents, including guarantee letter from citizen or PR, anybody can help me how is the format of guarantee letter? i ask my sg friend to guarantee me, and he's okay, but he don;t know how to make guarantee letter, is anyone know pls? thx

because next january i;ve planning to go to sg (for holiday, 10 days only), i hv no idea how to make guarantee letter, pls help me thx :)

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:42 pm

Your sponsor will have to deposit a sum of money in an account, if you abscond the sponsor will forfeit the deposit. Though how to go about it, the sponsor I would think would have to contact ICA to discuss the issue you have, can get more information from ICA reception desk.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 9:50 am

are you a male of female ? And why not get your cousin, to look for some form of Long term visa ?

And for ICA, there are other crimes, other than theft ..

And .. again, to quote ICA, when a person who apparently visits Singapore every 2 months was stopped at the checkpoint, the person was "I like having holiday here .. " the ICA officer was "is that so ? but, beyond a week, there is nothing to do or see here, unless you are engaging in some business .. " and rejected

Said rejected person was asking what to do .. as the return flight is from Singapore and officer said "I give you 1 day visa to change your flight and leave .. "

This was in Woodlands Checkpoint ..

And when it came to my turn, I casually asked what is the recourse for such people .. and she said "well, we can't accuse anybody unless we have proof of their breaking the law, but it makes us wonder why somebody wants to spend so 6 months out of a year here, while unemployed .. "

Well, if the person has enough $, to blow in Singapore, ICA's opinion is they should not be here on SVP, an switch to other forms of long term visa ..

And that a lot of MLM guys are abusing, apart from a lot of "Talent" being employed here illegally, on SVP is not unkonwn to MOM

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:11 am

ksl wrote:Your sponsor will have to deposit a sum of money in an account, if you abscond the sponsor will forfeit the deposit. Though how to go about it, the sponsor I would think would have to contact ICA to discuss the issue you have, can get more information from ICA reception desk.
oic.. i will ask my friend to discuss with ICA first..

btw, sometimes i heard some people who hv been rejected, and after a year, they can comeback without permission, it's true?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:13 am

blesseds wrote:
ksl wrote:Your sponsor will have to deposit a sum of money in an account, if you abscond the sponsor will forfeit the deposit. Though how to go about it, the sponsor I would think would have to contact ICA to discuss the issue you have, can get more information from ICA reception desk.

btw, sometimes i heard some people who hv been rejected, and after a year, they can comeback without permission, it's true?
yah, a lot of heard from this person and that person ..

If the ICA stamped saying barred for 24 months, you are barred for 24 months, and no questions ..

And some get even 48 months no entry, and ICA is not going to 'forget' such barred entry and ICA fingerprints people who are barred for a specific reason ..

Are you a female or male ?

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:21 am

ecureilx wrote:are you a male of female ? And why not get your cousin, to look for some form of Long term visa ?

And for ICA, there are other crimes, other than theft ..

And .. again, to quote ICA, when a person who apparently visits Singapore every 2 months was stopped at the checkpoint, the person was "I like having holiday here .. " the ICA officer was "is that so ? but, beyond a week, there is nothing to do or see here, unless you are engaging in some business .. " and rejected

Said rejected person was asking what to do .. as the return flight is from Singapore and officer said "I give you 1 day visa to change your flight and leave .. "

This was in Woodlands Checkpoint ..

And when it came to my turn, I casually asked what is the recourse for such people .. and she said "well, we can't accuse anybody unless we have proof of their breaking the law, but it makes us wonder why somebody wants to spend so 6 months out of a year here, while unemployed .. "

Well, if the person has enough $, to blow in Singapore, ICA's opinion is they should not be here on SVP, an switch to other forms of long term visa ..

And that a lot of MLM guys are abusing, apart from a lot of "Talent" being employed here illegally, on SVP is not unkonwn to MOM
i'm male, and cannot get Long term pass because all my cousin still holding EP..

and for $$, i think that time i tried to enter sg i brought couple of moneys, and i also holding MBS privilege card, when i show to them, it's useless... wonder how to proof myself come to sg not to work illegally or do something crimes..?

btw, at refusal of entry letter, the deport me back because i'm "being ineligible for the issue of a pass under current immigration policies", what's that meaning?

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:24 am

ecureilx wrote:
blesseds wrote:

yah, a lot of heard from this person and that person ..

If the ICA stamped saying barred for 24 months, you are barred for 24 months, and no questions ..

And some get even 48 months no entry, and ICA is not going to 'forget' such barred entry and ICA fingerprints people who are barred for a specific reason ..

Are you a female or male ?
thx for so many helpful words

nah, that one, the didn't stamp my passport anything.. no deported stamp, no barred stamp or anything, they just didn't give me a chop. if no stamp, then how i know how long i can go back,..?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:30 am

blesseds wrote: i'm male, and cannot get Long term pass because all my cousin still holding EP..

and for $$, i think that time i tried to enter sg i brought couple of moneys, and i also holding MBS privilege card, when i show to them, it's useless... wonder how to proof myself come to sg not to work illegally or do something crimes..?
Not to offend you, but a curious question .. what were you doing in Singapore, since you are jobless here, and doing nothing ???

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:52 am

ecureilx wrote:
blesseds wrote: i'm male, and cannot get Long term pass because all my cousin still holding EP..

Not to offend you, but a curious question .. what were you doing in Singapore, since you are jobless here, and doing nothing ???
no problem, it's not offence, since everyone including ICA also curious why i stay too long in sg without a job..

i hv computer store at my country, and many of accessories, i take from sg supplier, so last time i came often, and no problem, bcause usually i came only about 3-4 days..

but late 2009, my cousin was pregnant, and her mother cannot accompany her because of age.. and ask me to take care, at least until she gave birth and the baby is 1 yr old... since for me no problem, bcause i often came, and my store can handled by my man, then i accept it..

then.. yeah... after it i caught by ICA for too often came and stay too long..

:(

btw, i really need a sample of LOG (letter of guarantee), can show me some please..? thank you

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 2:08 pm

hv computer store at my country, and many of accessories, i take from sg supplier, so last time i came often, and no problem,
This maybe your problem, if you intend to do business, you need to apply for the business visa :wink:

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 2:16 pm

ksl wrote:
hv computer store at my country, and many of accessories, i take from sg supplier, so last time i came often, and no problem,
This maybe your problem, if you intend to do business, you need to apply for the business visa :wink:
but i'm from indonesia, then indonesian no need visa to enter sg, how come i apply for business visa..?

please sombedy help me a sample of guarantee letter... :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 3:44 pm

blesseds wrote:
ksl wrote:
but i'm from indonesia, then indonesian no need visa to enter sg, how come i apply for business visa..?

members of Asean can enter and stay for 'social visit' not for extended visit.

You may claim that you have no ill intention, but from ICA's point of view, you could be abusing the system.

And since you are doing business, then go to the Chamber of Commerce in Jakarta, and write a request and forward to ICA, if they accept it .. and, well, you, by right have been breaking the law, in a grey area, as your social visa did not allow you to trade (grey area, as it is open to interpretation as to what you could do and not, in SVP)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:14 pm

There was someone posting and requesting help for a very similar situation to this a few months ago. How strange.

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 8:58 pm

ecureilx wrote:
blesseds wrote:
ksl wrote:This maybe your problem, if you intend to do business, you need to apply for the business visa :wink:

members of Asean can enter and stay for 'social visit' not for extended visit.

You may claim that you have no ill intention, but from ICA's point of view, you could be abusing the system.

And since you are doing business, then go to the Chamber of Commerce in Jakarta, and write a request and forward to ICA, if they accept it .. and, well, you, by right have been breaking the law, in a grey area, as your social visa did not allow you to trade (grey area, as it is open to interpretation as to what you could do and not, in SVP)
yes, that's it, i go to sg embassy in jkt, then they want to help me to forward my request to ICA, but i must submit some documents, including letter of guarantee from local sg sponsor..

that letter, i really don;t know how to make, i mean, the format of letter, can somebody help me for the letter format?

blesseds

Post by blesseds » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 8:59 pm

JR8 wrote:There was someone posting and requesting help for a very similar situation to this a few months ago. How strange.
huh? really? but i search back some pages, and cannot found someone requesting letter of guarantee..?