Singapore Expats

hello every one need some help and Tips :???:

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
shahjee

hello every one need some help and Tips :???:

Post by shahjee » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 4:44 am

I m new here and looking for help and tips regarding to job seeking in singapore.......

I m from Pakistan and looking for any Administrative job in Singapore..i have applied on too many site like (jobstreet.com and linkedin.com) and for more then 200 times but i m not getting any positive responsive or u can say no response at all..i have 6 years admin job experience of (Kuwait and Iraq with KBR, Dyncorp, AAFES and Dabous concrete ). worked in 1st three companies as sub-contractor.can some suggest any good site to me...i really need any admin job ASAP pleasee...

looking forward for ur suggestions,help and Tips from forum friend.....:D:D

Thanks and best regards
Shah

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 6:06 am

Hi Shah,

Unfortunately it is not a case of being able to move to Singapore simply because you want to. One of the first steps is that you really need to be bringing in skills that the local Singaporean populace cannot already provide.

If you think you meet that requirement, perhaps explain more so others can better respond to you.

Just my 2 cents worth.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:01 am

Administrative job? It's not going to happen. 80% of Singaporean are doing administrative jobs. Why would they allow a foreigner to come here to do a job that there are plenty of locals capable of doing.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: hello every one need some help and Tips :???:

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:26 am

shahjee wrote:KBR, Dyncorp
KBR and Dyncorp ?? wow ..

Anyway, the only possibility that you could get a job as admin is if you are super-high paid, and secondly, if your employer has special exemption .. rare for both cases ..

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:39 am

For your skills, Gulf should be a better place. Its closer to your country and much easier to go home. I have a Paki colleague, its a pain for him to go home. No direct flights. There is only Malaysian Airlines from KL or Srilankan Airlines from Colombo.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 1:20 pm

What skills? I didn't read of any skills OR qualifications..... :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shahjee

Post by shahjee » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 4:17 am

revhappy wrote:For your skills, Gulf should be a better place. Its closer to your country and much easier to go home. I have a Paki colleague, its a pain for him to go home. No direct flights. There is only Malaysian Airlines from KL or Srilankan Airlines from Colombo.
its not big deal to fly back home for vacations...i traveled a lot to other countries during last job..but main thing is to get better job...

shahjee

Post by shahjee » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 4:24 am

well as per my work experience i m confident that i have better skills then them but when i m applying on those site i cant fulfill their 1 requirement which said "only Singaporean or PR or malayian" required for that apply.i better met on their rest of requirements but only that one sounds silly for me...and other thing can some one recommend any best job site for me or any one want me to post or send my CV to them... even friends r here have any better site for Hong kong or south Korea that will be fine also..thanks a lot for ur replies

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 9:49 am

shahjee wrote:well as per my work experience i m confident that i have better skills then them but when i m applying on those site i cant fulfill their 1 requirement which said "only Singaporean or PR or malayian" required for that apply.i better met on their rest of requirements but only that one sounds silly for me...and other thing can some one recommend any best job site for me or any one want me to post or send my CV to them... even friends r here have any better site for Hong kong or south Korea that will be fine also..thanks a lot for ur replies
If the employer's preference for Singaporean/PR sounds silly, you should avoid Singapore .. ah .. why do you want to come to Singapore ?? :D :D (no offense)

The Singaporean/PR requirement is due to government laws that limit the number of foreigners .. or the employer is not eligible to employ foreigners ..

As for the rest of the questions .. ever heard of G O O G L E ?????

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:30 am

ecureilx wrote: As for the rest of the questions .. ever heard of G O O G L E ?????
He has masters, doesn't need google
I HAVE MASTERS!

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Miss Swan » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 1:00 pm

shahjee wrote:well as per my work experience i m confident that i have better skills then them but when i m applying on those site i cant fulfill their 1 requirement which said "only Singaporean or PR or malayian" required for that apply.i better met on their rest of requirements but only that one sounds silly for me...
Oh jeez before you even think you have better skills "then" them, have a look at your own English first pleeeasssee.

shahjee

Post by shahjee » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 4:21 am

Miss Swan wrote:
shahjee wrote:well as per my work experience i m confident that i have better skills then them but when i m applying on those site i cant fulfill their 1 requirement which said "only Singaporean or PR or malayian" required for that apply.i better met on their rest of requirements but only that one sounds silly for me...
Oh jeez before you even think you have better skills "then" them, have a look at your own English first pleeeasssee.
ooohh it seems some one got some problem with my Eng...lol or she is from there thats why reacting lik this..lol

shahjee

Post by shahjee » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 4:26 am

ecureilx wrote:
shahjee wrote:well as per my work experience i m confident that i have better skills then them but when i m applying on those site i cant fulfill their 1 requirement which said "only Singaporean or PR or malayian" required for that apply.i better met on their rest of requirements but only that one sounds silly for me...and other thing can some one recommend any best job site for me or any one want me to post or send my CV to them... even friends r here have any better site for Hong kong or south Korea that will be fine also..thanks a lot for ur replies
If the employer's preference for Singaporean/PR sounds silly, you should avoid Singapore .. ah .. why do you want to come to Singapore ?? :D :D (no offense)

The Singaporean/PR requirement is due to government laws that limit the number of foreigners .. or the employer is not eligible to employ foreigners ..

As for the rest of the questions .. ever heard of G O O G L E ?????
well its not important to have job there particularly just got tired of Arab countries and i have made a lot of searches in Google and found this forum so thought to share with friends here might be i will get any good job site or good tips regarding to find any job there...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:23 am

shahjee wrote: well its not important to have job there particularly just got tired of Arab countries and i have made a lot of searches in Google and found this forum so thought to share with friends here might be i will get any good job site or good tips regarding to find any job there...
Do you even read what other people take time to reply for you ?????

Racheew

Post by Racheew » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:22 pm

You haven’t responded to anything anyone with substance has told you.

The only possibility that you could get a job in admin is if your employer has a special exemption to employee you. They will not employee you to do a job that locals are capable of doing.

They will need to hire you and then sponsor your visa, which costs them a lot of money. AND this only happens if the MOM thinks you can offer the country something that no local can. This won't happen.

If there is no reason for you being in Singapore (spouse, family), i would suggest a country where rules are a bit more lenient

Sorry to say the facts, but unfortuently this is the truth.