Singapore Expats

Some questions to ask

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
wantsingapore

Some questions to ask

Post by wantsingapore » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 11:27 pm

Hello everyone,

To start, I would like to excuse me if my questions aren't all to go in the business section but I have many questions.

So, I would like to buy a shop in Singapore.
But I read on a website (I forget which) that if we want to buy a shop, a house or a building, we need to have the Singapore nationality. But I'm septic and I would like to know if it's true.
I also want to know the average surface of an average shop in Singapore.

Secondly, I would like to know the principals differences between French and Singapore life.

I also read on another website that internet connections are very bad in Singapore. So I would check if it's true and if we can use a different solution to have internet (satellite for example).

I had another questions but I forget them, I will ask later if I remember.

Thank you very much.
Wantsingapore

BTW : Sorry for my bad English, please answer with simple words, THANKS.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Some questions to ask

Post by taxico » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 9:44 am

wantsingapore wrote:...But I'm septic and I would like to know if it's true...
i think it would be easier to purchase for a non singaporean to purchase commercial/industrial property than residential property - but i could be wrong.

i hope you're not septic.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

wantsingapore

Post by wantsingapore » Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:30 am

Ok, thank you for your answer.

Sorry but I think I did not explain correctly.
I say on a website that it FORGIVEN for a non Singaporean to buy a property (not if it easy).
So, you're disagree with what I read.
It's no forgiven for a non Singaporean to buy a property, right ?

Do you know the answer of my others questions ?

And I have an new question :
Can we live in Singapore without a limited time (without forced (by law) to leave Singapore for a time, visa problem) ?

Thank you

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 06 Aug 2011 12:04 pm

Don't you mean forbidden?

Your pass will be renewed, or rejected when the time comes! You have no legal rights in Singapore regarding your question.

wantsingapore

Post by wantsingapore » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 4:56 pm

Yes, I mean forbidden, sorry.

But what are the conditions to have a renewed pass or not ?
Because if I buy a shop, and my pass is not renewed, I'm annoyed...

And how many time can I live in Singapore with a pass ?
What are the conditions to be a Singaporean ?

Thanks

BTW : Sorry for the long time, I can't use my computer so often.

echo1998

Post by echo1998 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 1:38 am

Hi, I try to answer you in simple english:

1. As a foreigner you can't buy some of the residential properties. i.g. landed house, HDB apartment. However you can buy private properties i.g. condo apartment and commercial properties i.g. shops. (even HDB shops, and shop houses)

2. To be a singaporean you need at first to be a permanent residence (PR). To be a PR you need to apply for immigration in a form for example as EP (employee of a company) or as startup a company here. Or, if you have 2,5 mio. SD to invest in Singapore. How to immigrate to singapore is another big topic.

I think you need to study quite a lot about this country before you start your business here.
Hope it helps.
One life, live it well!

wantsingapore

Post by wantsingapore » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:25 pm

thank you for your reply.

3Princess : The bad internet connection is that I read on a website, its not a personnel story...

echo1998 : I saw that we can have different visa.
But, if I buy a shop, can I get a visa easily ?
I'm very interesting to live in Singapore, but like many people (I think), I'm thinking of many question...

When you say "I think you need to study quite a lot about this country before you start your business here.", you have A BIT wrong because I want to go in Singapore more for me than my business, which is just to get money. So I "need to study quite a lot about this country before" live in.

So, you will tell me : Why Singapore ?
Because I like Asia, and I'm French so i prefer a "rich" country and live in a big city, I love the 30 C° weather but its the only thinks that I know about Singapore.

Firstly, I ask for business because it's necessary to live.

I think everybody answer very good to my questions, THANK YOU.
I don't have other questions for the time being but if you have other thinks to tell me, don't hesitate.

Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:39 pm

wantsingapore wrote:thank you for your reply.

3Princess : The bad internet connection is that I read on a website, its not a personnel story...

Internet standards here are woefully inadequate compared to Japan & Korea.

echo1998 : I saw that we can have different visa.
But, if I buy a shop, can I get a visa easily ? Not necessarily
I'm very interesting to live in Singapore, but like many people (I think), I'm thinking of many question...

When you say "I think you need to study quite a lot about this country before you start your business here.", you have A BIT wrong because I want to go in Singapore more for me than my business, which is just to get money. So I "need to study quite a lot about this country before" live in.

So, you will tell me : Why Singapore ?
Because I like Asia, and I'm French so i prefer a "rich" country and live in a big city, I love the 30 C° weather but its the only thinks that I know about Singapore.

Firstly, I ask for business because it's necessary to live.

I think everybody answer very good to my questions, THANK YOU.
I don't have other questions for the time being but if you have other thinks to tell me, don't hesitate.

Thank you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers