Singapore Expats

Feel so hurt, PR rejected, any chance for appeal?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 4:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:chandra199998, do you, by chance, have an indian masters degree? Would explain a lot. :-|
i think sunday asked if you have an indian degree. he didn't say that you are indian.

so...
chandra19998 wrote:Did you even know how to read English?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 5:39 pm

Well spotted! :wink: But I think the punchline went right over his head...

Whooooossssshhhh!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 8:34 pm

No needs to be so modest chandra and do any stupid NTU/NUS studies. You clearly have an IMHC of this forum and I bet everybody here can vouch for you if ICA asks. You should include info about it to your next application or appeal.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 8:41 pm

chandra19998 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:chandra199998, do you, by chance, have an indian masters degree? Would explain a lot. :-|
Did you even know how to read English? I am Indonesian not Indian, they are totally 2 different countries from different parts of Asia, I know most of you here are not even Asian! Btw I do not have a Master degree but I have been employed by a large company, in today market, Master degree is nothing, in my country people who cannot find job will go and do a Master degree, I don't know why they value so much that Master degree here, but perhaps now that i know that can be one of the reason, maybe they only accept Master degree for PR now, I can consider doing a Master at NUS/NTU, it is not a big deal, just that I have to hang in uncerntainty untill completing the part degree which is another 2 years more, sigh :(
Chill out. You're young and therefore your life could change in an instant and you might leave SG and go and work and live elsewhere. You're high risk to the Govt. 23 is early in life to be making such decisions. Have you ever lived elsewhere? It took me until I was 30 to decide that I wanted to be PR in a Country as I wanted to experience as much as I could whilst I was in my youth.

What stability do you have in your life that would warrant SG to accept you as a PR. 5k a month? You work in IT at a reputed bank? You'll be first out of the door once your project has finished if the bank switches its focus from revenues to costs.

Be grateful you have the right to live and work here.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 9:27 pm

chandra19998 wrote:
... I know most of you here are not even Asian! :(
oooh-ooh, and we're all permit'd up, and you aren't. Does that tell you anything?

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 9:35 pm

JR8 wrote:
chandra19998 wrote:
... I know most of you here are not even Asian! :(
oooh-ooh, and we're all permit'd up, and you aren't. Does that tell you anything?
I just pissed myself at your location!!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 9:46 pm

BillyB wrote:
JR8 wrote:
chandra19998 wrote: ... I know most of you here are not even Asian! :(
I just pissed myself at your location!!!

Laugh all you like Bunter, what ever set of tracks I wish to follow are fully greased.

chandra19998

Post by chandra19998 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:44 am

[quote="BillyB"][quote="chandra19998"][quote="sundaymorningstaple"]chandra199998, do you, by chance, have an indian masters degree? Would explain a lot. :-|[/quote]

Did you even know how to read English? I am Indonesian not Indian, they are totally 2 different countries from different parts of Asia, I know most of you here are not even Asian! Btw I do not have a Master degree but I have been employed by a large company, in today market, Master degree is nothing, in my country people who cannot find job will go and do a Master degree, I don't know why they value so much that Master degree here, but perhaps now that i know that can be one of the reason, maybe they only accept Master degree for PR now, I can consider doing a Master at NUS/NTU, it is not a big deal, just that I have to hang in uncerntainty untill completing the part degree which is another 2 years more, sigh :([/quote]

Chill out. You're young and therefore your life could change in an instant and you might leave SG and go and work and live elsewhere. You're high risk to the Govt. 23 is early in life to be making such decisions. Have you ever lived elsewhere? It took me until I was 30 to decide that I wanted to be PR in a Country as I wanted to experience as much as I could whilst I was in my youth.

What stability do you have in your life that would warrant SG to accept you as a PR. 5k a month? You work in IT at a reputed bank? You'll be first out of the door once your project has finished if the bank switches its focus from revenues to costs.

Be grateful you have the right to live and work here.[/quote]

Thanks for your advise, I am also looking at Australia and Canada, there maybe easier to get PR there than here and the pay maybe higher too. You are right that I have not lived elsewhere except for singapore and maybe I should explore further

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 4:43 am

chandra19998 wrote:
Thanks for your advise, I am also looking at Australia and Canada, there maybe easier to get PR there than here and the pay maybe higher too. You are right that I have not lived elsewhere except for singapore and maybe I should explore further
OZ, NZ and Canada applications are getting more difficult right now.
Kamu berkuliah di mana ? Tri Sakti ?
Saat ini orang tua di mana ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:02 am

BillyB wrote: What stability do you have in your life that would warrant SG to accept you as a PR. 5k a month? You work in IT at a reputed bank? You'll be first out of the door once your project has finished if the bank switches its focus from revenues to costs.

Be grateful you have the right to live and work here.
Amen .... think most people dont recognise this.

Everyone thinks they are badass :)

chikichisi

Post by chikichisi » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:08 am

Hi chandra19998

By the way, When did you apply?? how long did they take to reply??

I think give a try again after couple of years..

You might get it..

nismavrik

Re: Feel so hurt, PR rejected, any chance for appeal?

Post by nismavrik » Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:49 pm

Wow i sense inferiority complex. Why do you care about that. You are so young. They can take away your PR big deal !
If so what ? are you building your career or collecting PR !

If you apply to a director's post and they discriminate on the basis of your work status then yes you need a resident ship to show that you are local. But I don't see that happening for a couple of years since at 23 I can make a Project Lead and not a director IT services.
chandra19998 wrote:Despite my salary is much higher than Singaporean, today I checked the online iEnquiry and the status for my PR application is rejected :( I have good degree from a decent university in Indonesia, being Indonesia Chinese, young (23 years old), work for a respectable and renown bank here for 1 year 3 months as a graduate training in IT, earn $4800 basic salary with various allowance adding up to more than 5K. I have seen many of my friends became PR with much less salary, some less than 50% my salary with even degree from less well know university. I have nothing to say, it is really unfair. Do any of you have appealed for PR and get it before?

vinceDowny

Post by vinceDowny » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 5:20 pm

Dont talk like you're the emperor of world.! To hell with you!
Cheers!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 5:33 pm

vinceDowny wrote:
MinceTowny - Are you on a mission to make yourself look like the biggest twat on this forum today?

vinceDowny

Post by vinceDowny » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 5:41 pm

BillyB wrote:
vinceDowny wrote:
MinceTowny - Are you on a mission to make yourself look like the biggest twat on this forum today?
Mind your own bloody business! Fu*k off!
Cheers!