Singapore Expats

Renewal of EP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:30 pm

Asdracles wrote:Yes, same case with our employee. However the system said it could take 2 months to verify, we got her pass approved in 1 week.

And I don't see anything so strange, JR8. Pakistan is very near Uzbekistan and other republics, and the soviet educations system is well reputated. I won't find anything strange to hear that a Pakistan or Afghanistan guy goes there for education.
Ah really.
Which are some of the more noted universities up in the 'Stans. You know places where an employer would look to hire people from?

I'm taking the mickey obviously. IME anyone I know would run a mile seeing a CV like that!

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asdracles » Fri, 09 Sep 2011 12:17 am

One of my flatmates is from Kazahstan. In my work, we have employees from Armenia, Georgia and Uzbekistan too. I don't know any university there and I didn't mention any in my previous post, but I know quite a lot about the education system and even after the disintegration of the USSR, I think that the educative system is still very good.

But I don't want any argument about this topic

Copper74

Post by Copper74 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 1:43 pm

JR8 wrote:
Asdracles wrote:Yes, same case with our employee. However the system said it could take 2 months to verify, we got her pass approved in 1 week.

And I don't see anything so strange, JR8. Pakistan is very near Uzbekistan and other republics, and the soviet educations system is well reputated. I won't find anything strange to hear that a Pakistan or Afghanistan guy goes there for education.
Ah really.
Which are some of the more noted universities up in the 'Stans. You know places where an employer would look to hire people from?

I'm taking the mickey obviously. IME anyone I know would run a mile seeing a CV like that!
I think you are just a person to tease every one with out knowing the facts. If you do not know about the education system of former USSR or Russia then you just need to shut down your mouth rather than making stupid comments.
If someone is qualified from an European or American institute then it does not give right to anyone to open his big mouth to insult the others where you are not invited.

Copper74

Post by Copper74 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 1:58 pm

JR8 wrote:

Ah really.

My Previous reply was to JR8 on his stupid and baseless commet.
And want to add that I am very proud to be a Russian degree holder and for your information Singapore government has student exchange agreement with another university of same country from where I got my degree. And many times students of the same university were hired by Silicon valley of America. If you will require some mor examples to shut your mouth then I will quote more.
I think in future you will think twice making comments or insult anyone.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 4:50 pm

Copper74 wrote: I think in future you will think twice making comments or insult anyone.

Copper74

Post by Copper74 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 5:21 pm

JR8 wrote:
Copper74 wrote: I think in future you will think twice making comments or insult anyone.
Same to you. And behave your self. OK.
You should look yourself look into mirror before posting a pic like this.
Dirty mind will always be dirty even he has European or American qualification.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 6:16 pm

Guys...
The education quality in majority of the post-communistic states was and perhaps still is at very decent level but also all these institutions where hardly existent on the world map of research/science. The later for two basic reasons: lack of founding and the fact that not so many people knew English sufficiently (spoken language). So actually you are both right IMHO.
Last edited by x9200 on Mon, 16 Jan 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 6:41 pm

My throw-away comment on such universities was made four months ago, at the same time the topic dried up.

My posts today are simply a reaction to the OP returning out of the blue four months later to 'hunt me down' and squaring up for a fight. {shrug?}

Bit like a wasp in a jam-jar, giving it a good shake is kinda fun, despite not being hugely productive.

:cool: :P

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 16 Jan 2012 7:04 pm

That's clear JR8 but as the topic was resurrected I just used this opportunity to explain something that may help to make you two friends.