Singapore Expats

Calphalon Cookware

Share your favourite eating haunts!
wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Calphalon Cookware

Post by wannamove » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 1:53 am

I love Calphalon cookware. Are there Calphalon stores/outlets in Singapore? How are Calphalon costs when compared to US?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 5:26 am

Bring it with you. What you get on a deal or special back home will be 2-3* the price in SG (where they don't seem to do deals and or specials on such cookware).

The tantalising thing is that Meyer make all their cookware in Thailand. Now, find me that outlet store! :)

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 8:37 am

JR8 wrote:Bring it with you. What you get on a deal or special back home will be 2-3* the price in SG (where they don't seem to do deals and or specials on such cookware).

The tantalising thing is that Meyer make all their cookware in Thailand. Now, find me that outlet store! :)
I am bringing all my Calphalon - but I am just building my collection and was kind of hoping that I will find something cheaper in Asia. Just wishful thinking! I will probably ordering Calphalon off Amazon at regular frequencies I assume

I need to google up Meyer - never heard of them before

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Post by wannamove » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 8:41 am

JR8 wrote: The tantalising thing is that Meyer make all their cookware in Thailand. Now, find me that outlet store! :)
Now I know Meyer! KitchenAid makers - let us hunt down the outlet

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 3:32 pm

wannamove wrote:
JR8 wrote: The tantalising thing is that Meyer make all their cookware in Thailand. Now, find me that outlet store! :)
Now I know Meyer! KitchenAid makers - let us hunt down the outlet
I checked that, and I see I'm wrong. I thought Calphalon, Analon and Circulon were all made by Meyer. But it transpires that Calphalon is produced by Rubbermaid.

Still, a lot of those hard anodised Alu pans are made in Thailand. You'll notice that several of the TV chef's own lines are just Analon pans with different handles!

p.s. I got all my pans at Macy's using double or triple coupons :) Amazon is probably a good bet too. Buying something like a 10-12 set and then building on it is the way to go IMHO.

asharinar

Post by asharinar » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 8:06 pm

JR8 wrote:Bring it with you. What you get on a deal or special back home will be 2-3* the price in SG (where they don't seem to do deals and or specials on such cookware).

Hi JR8,
as much as it is cheaper in the US, I desperately need to replace my Calphalon saucepan now. Call it OCD, but I have a calphalon set and the fact that one of them is damaged really bugs me..

Where actually can I find it in Singapore?

Thanks!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jun 2012 8:13 pm

If price is no major concern then I'd try Takashimaya at Ngee Ann City on Orchard Road, or Tangs.

Also there is what sounds like a very big trade cook/catering equipment store somewhere up around Bukit Timah Road. I have not been there. You can use the search buttons (top right) to try and track down previous discussion of it. That might be worth a try too.

Return to “Wine & Dine”