Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:39 am

Keisha wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Reverie wrote:To Guest and orangie, mine's 1020am, 7th May.

Anyone else? :)
hi Reverie,

i have the same timeslot as you:) 10.20am 7th May. My email is [email protected]
guys, i do not understand something... i thought SIA just conducted an interview on the dates 23/04/05 and 24/04/05? and how come now the next interview is 07/05/04? how come so fast? i thought normally its after few months?
We applied for the April intake. Just when we thought that we were not being shortlisted, we received invitations from SIA. That's why. I guess it's either there are too many applicants this round, thus 2 days of interview are not sufficient, or they need more crews.

orangie

Post by orangie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:41 am

surely there should be someone who is in the same time slot as me?? 8.40am, 7th may. if there is any of you with this time slot, perhaps we can go together?

Re: Need suggestion.

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:51 am

AngelZhou wrote:Hi all,

I'll be getting my diploma next year. I'm a true freelance person. I do few freelance jobs before like roadshow promoter job and else. The problem is I need to apply for PR after I graduate and if I'm only a freelancer I cannot apply for work permit and getting my PR status. Not to mention that my TGD require me to work 3 years in singapore company :?

I'm thinking about going to SIA as FA just for short term period. May I know what is the shortest bond period? And during the 3 month training, do they give us sallary?

As for height I'm 165 so that won't be a problem I guess.

it's a 4 month training. the bond is 22months including training. u will paid during training. of course basic salary.

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:45 pm

wow... 2 years...
1. the basic sallary is how much?
2. say we want to resign before the bond finished... how much we need to pay?
3. usually how often do we work?
4. any annual leave?
5. the sallary for N level or O level graduate and diploma graduate is all the same?

reverie

Post by reverie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 1:09 pm

summer85 wrote:hi people,
I have an interview on 7th may 1040.Anyone want to go with me?Becoz im alone.haha.
1020 or 1040? :)

Go together? email me!
[email protected]

reverie

Post by reverie » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 1:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:
hi Reverie,

i have the same timeslot as you:) 10.20am 7th May. My email is [email protected]

I know, you emailed me already :wink:
Remember?

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 1:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:wow... 2 years...
1. the basic sallary is how much?
2. say we want to resign before the bond finished... how much we need to pay?
3. usually how often do we work?
4. any annual leave?
5. the sallary for N level or O level graduate and diploma graduate is all the same?
1. depends on the budget of SIA at the time of employment. varies by 2 or 3 hundred bucks. should be abt $1140 - $1400
2.breaking of bond for sg residents will be abot 10k+
3.schedules wil be given, so hard to say
4.yes but dun rem how long.
5.same answer as qns 1.

i found out all these from my fren working in sq. hope it helps

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 6:26 pm

reverie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
hi Reverie,

Remember?
Hi Reverie,

Dui bu qi, I thought u r a different person. :o U are 10.40pm right?

Anyone 10.20pm on 7th May? can email me at [email protected]

Post by Guest » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 6:36 pm

Anonymous wrote:
reverie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
hi Reverie,

Remember?
Hi Reverie,

Dui bu qi, I thought u r a different person. :o U are 10.40pm right?

Anyone 10.20pm on 7th May? can email me at [email protected]
Hi Reverie,

Sorry I realised that u r the same slot as me, u r asking summer. Hehe.
May be we should exchange ontacts and mmet up earlier that day. What do u think?

Have u receive an acknoledgement from SIA regarding ur confirmation on attendence? I have not received mine, just wondering if they do away with sending acknowlegement replies.

Thank you!!

Krate

SIA Interview

Post by Krate » Sat, 30 Apr 2005 8:22 pm

Any guys going for next tues interview ? Whats that interview about ? Is it for those who failed the last Tues interview ?

Post by Guest » Sun, 01 May 2005 2:34 am

1400 / month? I thot they said around 3500 in advertisiment?
And anyway... i think the minimal sallary for foreigner to get working pass is 1800 / month rite?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 10:10 am

hi to all,

a question has been raised within me... need to share with you good people...

are spot checks conducted for visible scars while we are in kebayas or swimming costumes?

i remember a couple of people here saying further elimination would be done to those with visible scars in swim suits. is this true? for those who passed this round of interview?

i have quite a big, visible birthmark on my left inner thigh but luckily it is at the side of the thigh and it is not so dark.

can we choose a swim suit that covers our own scars and marks? i mean we must bring our own suits on the day of the swimming test (water confidence test) right?

Keisha

Re: SIA Interview

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 10:16 am

Krate wrote:Any guys going for next tues interview ? Whats that interview about ? Is it for those who failed the last Tues interview ?
i think the tuesday's interview (tomorrow) will consist of rounds 3 and 4 (kebaya test and water confidence test). for those who attended the interview for rounds 1 andd 2 on 23/04/05 and 24/04/05. the first round is the group introduction and second round should be the one-to-one interview.

this is what i believe... am i right? for those who attended the interviews can confirm this?

Keisha

Re: Need suggestion.

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 10:20 am

Anonymous wrote:
AngelZhou wrote:Hi all,

I'll be getting my diploma next year. I'm a true freelance person. I do few freelance jobs before like roadshow promoter job and else. The problem is I need to apply for PR after I graduate and if I'm only a freelancer I cannot apply for work permit and getting my PR status. Not to mention that my TGD require me to work 3 years in singapore company :?

I'm thinking about going to SIA as FA just for short term period. May I know what is the shortest bond period? And during the 3 month training, do they give us sallary?

As for height I'm 165 so that won't be a problem I guess.

it's a 4 month training. the bond is 22months including training. u will paid during training. of course basic salary.
is the 4 months of training salary fixed for everybody or it would vary according to one's years of working experience and qualifications?

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun, 01 May 2005 10:24 am

Anonymous wrote:
Keisha wrote:
Anonymous wrote: hi Reverie,

guys, i do not understand something... i thought SIA just conducted an interview on the dates 23/04/05 and 24/04/05? and how come now the next interview is 07/05/04? how come so fast? i thought normally its after few months?

We applied for the April intake. Just when we thought that we were not being shortlisted, we received invitations from SIA. That's why. I guess it's either there are too many applicants this round, thus 2 days of interview are not sufficient, or they need more crews.
but i thought they advertised only for indonesian and malaysian applicants? you can still see it on SIA website, under Careers...

that's why i was surprised many of our fellow Singaporean attended the interviews dated 23/04/05 and 24/04/05. correct me if i am wrong, please. since they advertised for them, i did not attend the interview for April intake... :cry: