Singapore Expats

Any LGBT around here?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 6:43 am

:devil:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 3:08 pm

MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote: With all do respects, you don't know the battles some of us have been through to say what you just said so casually, my experiences alone can prove to be more "grounds" than what your predisposed, outside knowledge, or whatever you manage to "Google" up, has to offer.

You've, however, missed my overall point. I was just trying to make friends. If I wanted to meet a b!tch, I'd go back to high school :)
You dodged my question very well. If the WASP's aren't good enough, which basically is what you said isn't it, then who is? Where and with whom would the LGBT's care to mix with and get some action in Singapore? Do tell and enlighten us all.

I think your struggles are more down to your sensitivity and being desperate to fit into a social grouping, rather than just getting on with life and blocking out all the outside noise. But you're right, I don't know and don't particularly care about things like that. I feel no need to make judgments on people based on my experience with a few.

And mate, let's leave the bitchiness for the bedroom. :wink:
Please don't confuse my aims at conflict resolution for avoidance. Also, please don't twist my words around for the sake of getting the upper hand, you're jumping from a comparative preference of what is more fun into what is sufficiently good enough or not. The LGBT's are comprised of people from different backgrounds, different communities, so as far as mixing goes, I think we already do a good job at it.

I was, however, confused about what you meant by "mix with and get some action". Are you insinuating that the main concerns that the LGBT's face is "getting some". And why would that be of such importance for you that you would insist on me enlightening everyone about it, as if there were no other issues on our agenda besides "getting some".

If you are, however, honestly serious about these issues I am more than happy to meet up with you and enlighten you some more, since my original goal was to meet people, but if you're just here to hear yourself talk, then save it. I'm not here to entertain you.
I obviously misunderstood your bitch comment. Funny way to sign off if you are aiming at conflict resolution don't you think?

And once again, your overly sensitive nature has misinterpreted an innocent comment to be malevolent. Grow a thicker skin. 'Action', per se, meant what groups do you find more exciting given you made a sweeping statement labeling the WASP's as unexciting. I was just curious - if you say you don't like something give an alternative or people can construe that as been prejudicial.

I'm signing off now as this will just go on and on. Hope to disagree or agree with you in the future on other posts.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 3:10 pm

MinhtGod wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:This ought to be good. :cool:
Don't start :)

Don't stop

...believing
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

MinhtGod

Post by MinhtGod » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:42 pm

BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote: You dodged my question very well. If the WASP's aren't good enough, which basically is what you said isn't it, then who is? Where and with whom would the LGBT's care to mix with and get some action in Singapore? Do tell and enlighten us all.

I think your struggles are more down to your sensitivity and being desperate to fit into a social grouping, rather than just getting on with life and blocking out all the outside noise. But you're right, I don't know and don't particularly care about things like that. I feel no need to make judgments on people based on my experience with a few.

And mate, let's leave the bitchiness for the bedroom. :wink:
Please don't confuse my aims at conflict resolution for avoidance. Also, please don't twist my words around for the sake of getting the upper hand, you're jumping from a comparative preference of what is more fun into what is sufficiently good enough or not. The LGBT's are comprised of people from different backgrounds, different communities, so as far as mixing goes, I think we already do a good job at it.

I was, however, confused about what you meant by "mix with and get some action". Are you insinuating that the main concerns that the LGBT's face is "getting some". And why would that be of such importance for you that you would insist on me enlightening everyone about it, as if there were no other issues on our agenda besides "getting some".

If you are, however, honestly serious about these issues I am more than happy to meet up with you and enlighten you some more, since my original goal was to meet people, but if you're just here to hear yourself talk, then save it. I'm not here to entertain you.
I obviously misunderstood your bitch comment. Funny way to sign off if you are aiming at conflict resolution don't you think?

And once again, your overly sensitive nature has misinterpreted an innocent comment to be malevolent. Grow a thicker skin. 'Action', per se, meant what groups do you find more exciting given you made a sweeping statement labeling the WASP's as unexciting. I was just curious - if you say you don't like something give an alternative or people can construe that as been prejudicial.

I'm signing off now as this will just go on and on. Hope to disagree or agree with you in the future on other posts.
That was actually quite stimulating, honestly thank you, hope to see you around too!
"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go,
only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"

FrenchyAsia

Post by FrenchyAsia » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:02 pm

Hi,

It seems it is very quiet here. I'm a gay guy, feel free to email me on [email protected]

Take care

eysi_weysi

Post by eysi_weysi » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 9:50 am

interesting. :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:37 pm

FrenchyAsia wrote:Hi,

It seems it is very quiet here. I'm a gay guy, feel free to email me on [email protected]

Take care
Gay and a French (going by your email address ... ) Interesting .. to say the least ..

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 1:40 pm

ecureilx wrote:
FrenchyAsia wrote:Hi,

Take care
Gay and a French (going by your email address ... ) Interesting .. to say the least ..
Why?!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 1:57 pm

C'mon, guys, it's 2011. All these gay guys are now more open than several decades ago. They're here, they're queer, get used to it.* :P

* heard that on a sitcom

eysi_weysi

Post by eysi_weysi » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 2:25 pm

nakatago wrote:C'mon, guys, it's 2011. All these gay guys are now more open than several decades ago. They're here, they're queer, get used to it.* :P

* heard that on a sitcom

I love the gay community! :D

Mixikyr
Regular
Regular

Post by Mixikyr » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 6:53 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by Mixikyr on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 7:11 pm

Mixikyr wrote:I post about a less popular hobby of mine here.
Competitive duck herding?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 7:39 pm

eysi_weysi wrote:
nakatago wrote:C'mon, guys, it's 2011. All these gay guys are now more open than several decades ago. They're here, they're queer, get used to it.* :P

* heard that on a sitcom

Why do you 'love them'? Of course if you are gay and mean that literally there's no need to answer that :)

I know a lot of gay SGns and have answered many calls to help here from gay people too.

But I'd not say I 'love them'. I don't think of them as any different from other people.

On the face of it the comment is no different from saying 'I love heterosexual people'.

Please enlighten me!

eysi_weysi

Post by eysi_weysi » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:11 am

JR8 wrote:
eysi_weysi wrote:

* heard that on a sitcom

Why do you 'love them'? Of course if you are gay and mean that literally there's no need to answer that :)

I know a lot of gay SGns and have answered many calls to help here from gay people too.

But I'd not say I 'love them'. I don't think of them as any different from other people.

On the face of it the comment is no different from saying 'I love heterosexual people'.

Please enlighten me!
it's a known fact that homosexuality is a taboo for some people. especially that we are in Asia where "traditionally" the subject is usually frown upon. thus, the comment.

good for you then if you dont treat them any different from heterosexual people. i hope to meet more of your kind who has an open mind. besides, gay people are a lot more than being "gay".

and, for what it's worth, i'm not gay. cheers!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 4:13 pm

What shocked me was the realisation that homesexuality equals a life in perpetual limbo in SE Asia. At least in the west if you can cross the rubicon of 'coming out' it is possible to live a settled domestic life (cf. civil partnerships etc.).

But in SE Asia, and especially SG it seems almost impossible
- since you're not married the HDB market is stacked against you
- so you probably still live with your parents
- so you can't bring your 'special friend' home as will bring utter shame on the family
- So you face a lifetime of living a perpetual lie.

It is tragic. No wonder not one of the SG gay-boys I know is in a settled relationship despite them being in their late 30s. It leads to a kind of fickleness, a kind of childishness. They cannot mature in a relationship, and hence do not seem to mature as people.

Ironically it is the katoys that seem to have it easier in a way. Though again their is a two-speed route with that way of life. Either you can afford to do the works and that's that, or you can't (most can't) and look like a bloke wearing make-up every day. As Willard said in Apocalypse Now. 'Never get out of the boat - unless you are going the whole f***ing way'.