Singapore Expats

EP Application randomly selected for vetting

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
meetashok

EP Application randomly selected for vetting

Post by meetashok » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 4:54 pm

Hello,

I had applied for EP about a week back. The MOM informed me that my application has been randomly selected for further vetting. They also told me that I could withdraw the current application and re-apply. But there was no guarantee that it won't be picked up again.

Could someone suggest if I should wait for the MOM to get back or withdraw the application and apply again?

All my documents are genuine. I read on the forum regarding such cases and people have got EP 1 month after applying.

Thanks

ukdesigner
Chatter
Chatter

Post by ukdesigner » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 5:02 pm

If you have nothing to hide and all your docs are genuine and the company who's applying for you is on the up and up then why withdraw it?

If you withdraw it then to me that would make you look guilty of something and if you applied again I'd vet your documents even more so.

Remember, everything here is logged so I'm sure if someone withdraws an application after a random vetting then a big warning light would probably appear!
Don't p*ss me off! I am running out of places to hide the bodies.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 5:07 pm

I concur 100%
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

meetashok

Post by meetashok » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 5:24 pm

Understood. It makes sense not to withdraw it. So, I guess I will just wait and watch. Thanks for your perspectives.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 22 Jun 2011 5:54 pm

meetashok wrote:Understood. It makes sense not to withdraw it. So, I guess I will just wait and watch. Thanks for your perspectives.
1 month of time is just a guideline and there have been instances where in the result was know within 10-15 days also. Just FYI. so wait patiently. Good Luck !

meetashok

Post by meetashok » Thu, 23 Jun 2011 2:05 am

Thanks. I shall update on the forum as soon as I have some news.

wimehraz

Hi

Post by wimehraz » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 7:42 pm

Hello brother ...what is the update?did you get the pass???

Thanks