Singapore Expats

Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
rxgnrxgnrxgn

Post by rxgnrxgnrxgn » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 9:10 pm

im a guy and going to this sat..

what im afraid is for past interviews, they dont accept male...

any news on this and is there any other guys going?

bsrividya

Post by bsrividya » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 9:20 pm

rxgnrxgnrxgn wrote:im a guy and going to this sat..

what im afraid is for past interviews, they dont accept male...

any news on this and is there any other guys going?
Hi there, as long as I know, guys don't have to go through the initial screening. You just have to go there, submit your resume and wait for their call =) Good luck!

Norfa

Re: Reach Test

Post by Norfa » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:28 am

bsrividya wrote:
Norfa wrote:Hi All

I am interested to go for Emirates interview this Saturday 9th July. I am just worried about the reach test and the height requirement.

As my height is below 1.5 I know that I do not fulfill Emirates HEIGHT REQUIREMENT.

I 've read on people who went for overseas open days and those who are short were not accepted. Should I just give it a try? I have doubts!
Hi Norfa, You should give it a try. You never know what happens, if you don't try. Btw, where do you stay? I am going this Saturday too. Good luck!

Hi bsrividya

Below 1.5 is very short, it's like a midget! lol! I will still be going though because I would like to see how an airline company conduct these kind of interview. I am staying in Hougang, how about you? I am planning to go in the morning at 9am :D keep in touch!
Aim for the sky for if you fail You will fall onto the clouds..

bsrividya

Re: Reach Test

Post by bsrividya » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:42 pm

Norfa wrote:
bsrividya wrote:
Norfa wrote:Hi All

I am interested to go for Emirates interview this Saturday 9th July. I am just worried about the reach test and the height requirement.

As my height is below 1.5 I know that I do not fulfill Emirates HEIGHT REQUIREMENT.

I 've read on people who went for overseas open days and those who are short were not accepted. Should I just give it a try? I have doubts!
Hi Norfa, You should give it a try. You never know what happens, if you don't try. Btw, where do you stay? I am going this Saturday too. Good luck!
Hi bsrividya

Below 1.5 is very short, it's like a midget! lol! I will still be going though because I would like to see how an airline company conduct these kind of interview. I am staying in Hougang, how about you? I am planning to go in the morning at 9am :D keep in touch!

Norfa, Please check your private message =)

lalatim

Post by lalatim » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 5:19 pm

hi! :)

how is the interview today? can't make it due to work and i found out about it quite late thus can't take off.

does anyone know the age limit? i am really not young,at age 34 :(
wondering if they take in old ladies. i don't look 34, maybe can pass off as 29, 20 but still old, esp when standing in a group of 20s ladies...

hope they have a recruitment again.

best wishes to all who went for the walk in. :)

ecandy

Post by ecandy » Sat, 06 Aug 2011 4:02 am

Usually how long does it takes for emirates to reply after the final interview? they told us within 6weeks but i believe its shld be lesser than that??

flyhigh

Post by flyhigh » Wed, 17 Aug 2011 9:55 am

hi wanna check with u guys if u have receive any calls from emirates since the final interview?

ecandy

Post by ecandy » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:29 am

flyhigh wrote:hi wanna check with u guys if u have receive any calls from emirates since the final interview?

Sadly not yet :(

flyhigh

Post by flyhigh » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:36 am

me too.. :( heard they started calling last week..

Bella Consuela
Regular
Regular

Post by Bella Consuela » Sat, 08 Oct 2011 2:58 pm

Hi, it mentioned on the emirates website that they require only mandarin or cantonese speaking for the upcoming interview on the 29th. well im a Malay and currently a cabin crew. Would they reject me immediately or should I just go anyway.

eeyore-

Post by eeyore- » Sat, 08 Oct 2011 5:02 pm

Bella Consuela wrote:Hi, it mentioned on the emirates website that they require only mandarin or cantonese speaking for the upcoming interview on the 29th. well im a Malay and currently a cabin crew. Would they reject me immediately or should I just go anyway.
Hi,
I am also confused regarding that remarks from the emriates website, that candidates must speak mandarin or cantonese, their recruitment in Malaysia, also have the same remarks.

DatBatikSandal

Post by DatBatikSandal » Sat, 08 Oct 2011 6:14 pm

eeyore- wrote:
Bella Consuela wrote:Hi, it mentioned on the emirates website that they require only mandarin or cantonese speaking for the upcoming interview on the 29th. well im a Malay and currently a cabin crew. Would they reject me immediately or should I just go anyway.
Hi,
I am also confused regarding that remarks from the emriates website, that candidates must speak mandarin or cantonese, their recruitment in Malaysia, also have the same remarks.

Hi Bella & Eeyore, no harm trying....Emirates will not reject ur applications even if u dont speaks Mandarin or Cantonese. Go fr it, Emirates is a gd airlines n fun working environment. Gd luck!!

eeyore-

Post by eeyore- » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:07 am

DatBatikSandal wrote:
eeyore- wrote:
Hi,

Hi Bella & Eeyore, no harm trying....Emirates will not reject ur applications even if u dont speaks Mandarin or Cantonese. Go fr it, Emirates is a gd airlines n fun working environment. Gd luck!!
Hi,
Thank you for the encouraging words..
:)

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Fri, 21 Oct 2011 5:25 pm

It is stated in the website that "Candidates must be able to communicate fluently with Mandarin or Cantonese speaking passengers in order to apply (written and verbal)". High chances that they have a lack of cabin crew with these language abilities now.

Frankly speaking, I think you can go even if you don't meet the language abilities but most probably you will be turned away as you are not what they are looking for right now.

weeweewee

Post by weeweewee » Wed, 26 Oct 2011 6:24 am

hi, anyone going to the walk in?